Ch. 1 - Part 2

Ch. 1 - Part 2

A Chapter by Harley Sapphire

Later we figured out that I, being so distracted with my last week at school, had forgotten to take my Lithane. Being bipolar and highly reliant on my meds, this sent me crashing. I hadn’t had an episode since sophomore year just before they finally diagnosed me with Manic Depression. I’d been stable. Normal even. This was a sudden shock to me of how dependent and unstable I really was.

            All of my saneness just seemed like an act. Temporary. Able to come crashing down at any given moment, ruining my life.

 

            I took my meds, knowing it would take a while for them to get back into my system, I went through my coping skills that I had learnt in therapy. They were lame but sometimes they worked. Slowly breathing in and out, I realized that I needed to get to the graduation ceremony. It was important to my parents. And really it was important to me too, even after all that I know.

            You see I was so ready to be done with high school, it was relentless, a constant battle every day that never seized. But that doesn’t mean I failed at it - technically. I had good grades. In fact I had straight A’s besides two B’s sophomore year, and that was slightly excusable. I had been able to get into Harvard, and my parents being the rich b******s that they are were paying what the scholarships couldn’t.

I hadn’t made much along the way of friends though. I wasn’t exactly a social butterfly. I had friends but really they just felt like placeholders, something I had to have because that was normal. I never really connected with them, and hardly hung out with them, except in Key Club and Knowledge Bowl.




© 2015 Harley Sapphire


Author's Note

Harley Sapphire
Please explain if anything is confusing. For example, the coping skills.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm really enjoying this so far but you need to change 'seized' to 'ceased'. Seized doesn't make sense in that situation. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Harley Sapphire

8 Years Ago

Thank you! I will change that!
it was really good :) u were able to write about what someone is going through :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Harley Sapphire

8 Years Ago

Cheers! :P
Justin

8 Years Ago

you have a great start to it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2015
Last Updated on May 12, 2015


Author

Harley Sapphire
Harley Sapphire

Seattle, WA



About
Writing has always been a part of my life. I am constantly writing stories, in my journal, blogging - anything to try and express my opinions and emotions as well as ask questions. My name is Harl.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Harley Sapphire


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Harley Sapphire