Throwback

Throwback

A Story by Anahat
"

“Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear you apart.” -Haruki Murakami

"
I closed my eyes and the raindrops poured on my face, drop by drop and the wind blew my hair all over the face, and all I imagined was a vision of you, the first time we ever met.

19March, By a lucky stroke of fate,I met you. Who knew the most dreadful day in a students life would turn out to be so lucky for me! The result day,the day you feared the most. No seat, you had no choice but to sit with m. I wonder how destiny arranges the perfect meeting of two people. That day, that very day was the turning point in my life. 

The very first day of the next class, we were seat partners. It seemed all the forces in the universe conspired to unite two hearts. From that day onwards this unusual thing became a routine. Sitting together, talking about anything and everything. Just like rain in november, we became the best of friends. 

What more could have been, all you could see was me and all I could see was you. Yeah,one of the best feelings in the world! We had fallen in love. The way you kept your eyes on mine as if everything else had vanished from the sight. Lots and lots of memories! 

Our calls started right from the morning. The first call to wake you up and the last one before you slept. Not letting me hang up was the best part!
Talking to each other every second of the day. The world seemed to be lost when you intertwined your fingers with mine. My stomach twitched with butterflies as if they were flying as high as me. I almost died when you came close to my ear saying ''I love you'' in the most passionate way,your  warm breath touching my neck and how I knew you meant every word you said. Our fights, break ups and patch ups, silly arguments, lots of promises! Ah! You gave me so much to remember.

I couldn't imagine us not being together. But who can unravel the games of destiny. We didn't understand what destiny wanted except for us being apart. A day ago we were two people who didn't let a second pass without talking and here we are today, 2 years and not a single hello! How my eyes want just one more glance of you and how my heart screams to talk to you, to hear your voice, to hear those three magical words again. I keep figuring out the reasons all those promises broke. How I sleep wetting my pillow with teardrops that fall for you every night and wake up imagining everything to be all right again, imagining you beside me. My days pass listening to those songs time and again. I spend my days writing about you, about us, about the reminiscences hoping something will bring you back! Everyday I sleep with the same hope and wake up with the same ache! But you're gone and this time forever! 

What time does to people, and how we are meant to accept it no matter how much it hurts. But then what else is Life! Ill remember all of this and so much more not only today or tomorrow but forever! 

© 2015 Anahat


Author's Note

Anahat
Yet to be continued!!
My first writing apart from the poems, its kinda prose...please be honest with the reviews ie why you liked it ?
Why you didnt like it?
Corrections? etc etc....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Heartache is a great source of writing. you have some awkward sentence structures in a few places and some I'm not sure say completely what you meant to. On a whole this is a good start. Remember that most people do not continuously speak in exclamations! That would be very tiring for both the speaker and listener, so limit them when you write, or they loose impact. If you need more direction on the clean ups let me know through messaging. ~Jan

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anahat

9 Years Ago

Yea even I felt that exclamations were actually too much...I'll correct them and take care of them .. read more



Reviews

I like "break ups and patch ups" and "twitched with butterflies". I like the universe conspiring.
It reads like a first draft so you may want to take the time to clean up technical issues and organize the peaks of emotion. The content is great, I encourage you to keep going :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Anahat

9 Years Ago

Yup sure I hope to improve! Thanks for reading!
And please feel free to post a link..I have s.. read more
C. Rose

9 Years Ago

I know what you mean about read requests pending getting out of control. I use "add to library" to k.. read more
Anahat

9 Years Ago

That's a nice suggestion. I'll keep this in mind :) Thanks!
A heart touching story. I'll only say, if there's even one reason not to, then don't give up. Ever. :)

I closed my eyes and the raindrops poured on my face, drop by drop and the wind blew my hair all over the face,
A nice and romantic beginning. I liked the scene you painted here. :)

and all I imagined was a vision of you, the first time we ever met!
''And all I........'' is a nice way to emphasise his importance in your life. Nice play of words. :) Just one thing - imagine is generally used for things that haven't happened but we want to experience so I think it should be ''And all 'that came to my mind' was....'' or ''And all I could think of was the first time we ever met''.

Just like rain in november, we became the best of friends.
An excellent comparison over here. I absolutely loved it as I love rain. :)
What more could have been, all you could see was me and all I could see was you! Yeah,one of the best feelings in the world! We had fallen in love.
Beautifully expressed! Great lines. :)

The way you kept your eyes on mine as if everything else had vanished from the sight! Lots and lots of memories!
Nicely expressed. :) ''Kept your eyes on mine'' somehow doesn't sound right. I guess ''Kept your eyes interlocked with mine'' would be more appropriate.

We didn't understand what destiny wanted except for us being apart!
This is a good and powerful statement but the way you've written it is confusing and it might even be comprehended exactly opposite to the meaning you wanted it to carry. The meaning I derived on my first perusal was that you could understand everything except the fact that destiny wanted to pull you two apart. (Maybe that's exactly how I am and that's why I took it that way :D) But on reading the piece a second time I realised you meant that destiny wanted nothing except pulling you two apart. So the sentence should be ''We didn't understand that destiny wanted nothing except us being apart!''

How my eyes want just one more glance of you and how my heart screams to talk to you, to hear your voice, to hear those three magical words again!
Painful and beautiful lines. Great job here. Just one thing - when you talk of ''glance'' it should be ''How my eyes just want to glance at you once again'' because you ''glance at somebody. The sentence you've written is more suitable for glimpse. It could be ''How my eyes want just one more glimpse of you''. But yeah, awesome lines. :)

How I sleep wetting my pillow with teardrops that fall for you every night and wake up imagining everything to be all right again, imagining you beside me! My days pass listening to those songs time and again. I spend my days writing about you, about us, about the reminiscences hoping something will bring you back!
Heart-breaking lines, these. Great job! :)

Everyday I sleep with the same hope and wake up with the same ache!
This is a truly touching line. It's so much like a quotation - a quotation anyone who's suffered a heartbreak can connect to. Truly amazing! :)

But you're gone and this time forever!
This is a powerful line. An acceptance of reality which is really bitter.

Ill remember all of this and so much more not only today ortomorrowbut forever!
I loved the ending and as I said before, don't give up. A bright and positively shining person ends up attracting happiness itself. Great write! Keep up the good work! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Anahat

9 Years Ago

Thank you for such a constructive and wonderful review friend :)
I agree with all the points .. read more
Heartache is a great source of writing. you have some awkward sentence structures in a few places and some I'm not sure say completely what you meant to. On a whole this is a good start. Remember that most people do not continuously speak in exclamations! That would be very tiring for both the speaker and listener, so limit them when you write, or they loose impact. If you need more direction on the clean ups let me know through messaging. ~Jan

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anahat

9 Years Ago

Yea even I felt that exclamations were actually too much...I'll correct them and take care of them .. read more
What a great write....the penultimate para was just awesome... i liked its flow....and I am surprised that its your first writing apart from poems... its very well written....

Posted 9 Years Ago


Anahat

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Anurag...glad you liked it :)
A well written story of love and its meanderings ... and then to begin the question of how and why. Nice ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Anahat

9 Years Ago

Thank you :)
It's an awesome start my friend. Can't wait to read some more on it :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Anahat

9 Years Ago

Thank youu so muchh :)
Those exclamations really help this story's purpose, pondering the mysteries of destiny should always bring about such wonder I think. Only suggestion is not to overuse them.

Still i like the story, and I loooooove that line about the rain in November. Nice one

Posted 9 Years Ago


Anahat

9 Years Ago

Thanks a ton :) I'll take care of the exclamations!
I liked it, its honest and sincere, you did not try to be fanciful its down to earth and has the love of two people that come apart, followed by the outpouring of emotion from the view of you as the one left to pick up the pieces, a lovely, sad story Anahat, you are a story writer :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Anahat

9 Years Ago

Wow thank you so much sir! I really appreciate it...
Thanks for reading :)

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1045 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 21, 2015
Last Updated on September 17, 2015
Tags: love life laugh sadness pain tee

Author

Anahat
Anahat

Amritsar, Humanity, India



About
I am Anahat, that's the pen name for Harmeet. I believe poetry is but altruism muffled up in eternity. I joined this platform long back but haven't been active. Now I'm back and hope to connect .. more..

Writing
Peace Peace

A Poem by Anahat


Bitterweet Bitterweet

A Poem by Anahat



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..