Chapter 11: Confession

Chapter 11: Confession

A Chapter by Chris

 

       Haven and Lucifer didn't stop running ever since they left the cabin – which was about three minutes ago. During that time, Lucifer had been bleeding rather profusely due to the wounds he received when they were attacked, and there was also the fact that the he had been bleeding a bit down in the chamber after being whipped. The effects of the blood loss were finally catching up to Lucifer and he was forced to slow down from it. Haven stopped when he noticed this and he saw Lucifer losing consciousness.

       Before the male could collapse to the ground though, the youth quickly went to his side and held onto him to keep him up. He struggled a little as he tried to wrap one of the man's muscular arms around him before he tried to drag Lucifer onwards. They needed to get to a good place to stop to where they might not be seen so easily if Marcus and the other mercenaries were searching for them.

       After about a minute, they got to a part of the forest where it became more dense. Haven walked a little deeper until he thought it would be too risky to go any further with Lucifer bleeding the way he was. He gently set the taller male down on the ground before Haven hurriedly started to heal him. After a few minutes, all the wounds were closed up and the bruises disappeared. Haven sighed quietly as he moved away from Lucifer a little ways and sat there while he waited for him to wake up.

       About fifteen minutes passed. The older male's eyes slowly opened and Lucifer laid there for a few seconds to give his vision a little time to clear. Afterwards, he slowly sat up and looked over to see Haven sitting there. Upon feeling eyes on him, Haven looked towards Lucifer before smiling a little.

       “Feeling any better?” he asked.

       “Yeah, a lot better,” replied Lucifer. “Thanks a bunch for savin' me back there . . . and for healin' me.” He gave a small chuckle as he rubbed the back of his head a little. “When I was down there, I actually thought you weren't goin' to show up.” He looked down towards the ground in an ashamed fashion.

       “Why would you think something like that?” asked Haven, feeling a little hurt by what Lucifer said since it sounded like he didn't trust him.

       Lucifer shrugged. “Marcus said that you ran off, and I guess I kinda believed him.”

       “You shouldn't have. I made a promise that I wouldn't leave you, remember?”

       “Yeah, I know. Sorry for doubtin' you. But how's come you weren't there when I woke up this mornin'?”

       Haven briefly told about how he went for water and had an encounter with Lucas. He talked about how he was captured before he escaped and ran through the forest in search of Lucifer.

       “Oh,” the dark-haired male said when Haven finished. He then remembered about the keys in his pocket and he took them out. Choosing one of them, he tried it on the shackles to see that it worked. After freeing himself of them, he rubbed the circulation back into his hands and feet before going over to Haven. Lucifer tried a few of the keys before finally coming to one that worked.

       “Thanks,” Haven said when the handcuffs were finally off of him, working the circulation back into his hands.

       “No problem,” Lucifer said. It was then when he noticed the wounds on Haven's arms from when he was stabbed by the throwing knives. Blood continued to ooze out of the wounds. “Here, let me help you with those. Take your shirt off.”

       Haven blinked a little at what Lucifer last said before sighing. “Just don't try anything funny.”

       He removed his tunic and Lucifer took it from him before tearing two strips off of the bottom of it. Afterwards, he tied a strip of the cloth around each of the wounds. Once the wounds were covered, Lucifer let his hands fall down to his sides as he remained kneeling by the younger male.

       “Have any other wounds?” he asked.

       Haven shook his head. The two looked each other in the eyes for a moment before Lucifer slowly leaned in towards the brown-haired boy, puckering up his lips a little. Haven saw this and blushed before he scooted away from Lucifer, letting him fall flat on his face from leaning in too far.

       “We should probably cover some more ground before nightfall,” suggested the shorter male, his back turned on Lucifer as he looked around a little.

       Lucifer sighed before saying, “Alright.”

       After Haven put on his tunic, which now revealed his stomach a little due to the strips that were torn from it, the two began to walk southward, not saying too much to each other. The dark-haired male stared down at the ground a little, glancing at Haven every so often before letting out another sigh. Haven kept his gaze straight ahead, his mind replaying what Lucifer tried to do minutes ago.

       By the time the sun sunk below the Earth's sill, they were already close to the fringes of the forest. However, not wanting to camp out in the open, they decided they would stay within it until sunrise so that they would be at least a little hidden for the night. Lucifer made a small campfire and Haven went off to search for food. He returned a couple minutes later with a few apples. They ate their small supper in silence before relaxing around the dancing flames.

       Haven stared down at the ground in thought, still going over Lucifer's attempt of a kiss. He sighed before he began to feel frustrated with himself. Why did he have to pull away? Why didn't he just let it happen? Those could easily be answered though; it was considered as a sin. Haven mentally cursed at himself. The religion was still deeply ingrained into his mindset. It was just a little too hard for him to allow something like that to happen even though he knew it could have been another lie created by the Priest. Would Deus really condemn a particular type of love? Haven didn't think so, even though everyone else who followed the religion did.

       Another sigh left the brown-haired boy's mouth. There was no point in dwelling on something that happened in the past because there was no way he could go back in time to fix it. However, there was a way to fix it now, but there was no way Haven would be able to bring himself around to doing it. What if it was too late to fix it? What if Lucifer wouldn't allow him to try to kiss him? Haven felt like hitting himself.

       “Somethin' wrong?”

       Haven snapped out of his thoughts as he looked towards Lucifer, who had a questioning look on his face. He didn't realize that his emotions had been showing the entire time he was thinking.

       “N-no,” said Haven.

       “You sure?” Lucifer asked as he scooted over towards the other male.

       “Y-yeah.” The youth could feel his heartbeat picking up and nervousness filling him.

       “You can tell me anything you know.”

       Haven nodded, unable to speak let alone lift his head up to look at Lucifer. A couple seconds later, he felt an arm wrap around his shoulder and he blushed a little. Out of natural reaction, he was about to pull away, but he managed to keep himself sitting there. He tried to get himself to spill his true feelings for Lucifer, but the words just wouldn't come.

       “But there's somethin' I have to tell you,” said Lucifer.

       The brown-haired boy's eyes widened a little as his heart skipped a beat.

       “I love you,” continued Lucifer.

       Haven's face turned beet red upon hearing those words. Mustering up the strength and courage now, he looked up towards Lucifer and almost froze in his gaze. After a couple seconds, Haven managed to open his mouth as he tried to force the words out, but all that came out was something of a croak. Lucifer laughed.

       “Never thought I'd hear somethin' like that for a reply,” he said.

       The shorter male didn't say anything, but instead looked down towards the ground sheepishly. Lucifer looked down at him, smiling a little, before reaching his hand out to caress Haven's cheek. Haven looked back at the spiky-haired man, the blush faintly showing still.

       “But it works,” Lucifer said before cupping Haven's face and kissing him.

       Haven blushed a little more as his eyes fluttered closed. They remained like that for a few seconds before Lucifer gently pushed Haven down on the ground. The older male's tongue slipped into the other's mouth, exploring every inch of it, while he moved his hands to find Haven's, lightly pinning them to the ground. Haven kissed back, his tongue soon dancing with Lucifer's rhythmically, as he interlaced his fingers with Lucifer's. After a few seconds, Lucifer slowly broke the kiss before they continued onto other activities for the night.



© 2008 Chris


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Finally! My god, Haven is really difficult isn't he? I love the implications. It was very mature without being overly sexual, so that's good. Nice chapter ^_^

Posted 14 Years Ago


very sexual... without being over the top.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 22, 2008


Author

Chris
Chris

OH



About
I'm a 23-year-old Web QA who graduated from NKU with a major in IT and a minor in creative writing. I'm a bit shy, even on the web, so don't take it personally if you try talking to me and I don't say.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chris


In My Image In My Image

A Book by Chris


Cupid's Arrow Cupid's Arrow

A Poem by Chris