This Is Truly Happiness

This Is Truly Happiness

A Story by Stefanie
"

For my English class I had to write about my ideal peacful place.

"

She sighed as she finished her last bit of homework for the day.  ‘I’ve had a rough day.’  She thought.  She looked at her watch.  ‘I have enough time.’  She put on a light jacket and headed out the door. 

           

            She arrived at a flat surfaced area. 

            To the left there was a two-lane road, which hardly has any traffic on it, witch made the area all the more peaceful.  To the right was a semi-big grassed hill, that sloped down into a field.  And at the bottom, there was a body of clear crisp water. 

            She went to the middle of the hill and laid down in the grass.  Normally the grass would feel itchy, but it wasn’t for her.  It felt like she was sleeping on a huge soft quilt.  She tilted her head to the side and listened to the sounds that surrounded her.  She could hear the water splashing, the birds chirping, and her breathing.  It was so peaceful.  She looked up at the beautiful clear blue sky and saw a few clouds.  ‘I love to look at the clouds.  They make me feel so calm.’  She smiled and closed her eyes.

 

            She opened her eyes.  ‘I feel asleep!’  She looked at her watch.  ‘It’s getting kind of late.  I should head back home soon.’  She heard something coming from the right.  ‘Breathing?’  She looked and saw a boy laying next to her.  “What are you doing here?!” 

            “Oh thanks for the welcome.”

            “I-I didn’t mean it like that!”

            He laughed a little.  “I know.  I saw you sleeping, and I decided to join you.”  He held her hand.

            She looked at him and saw that he was smiling.  She smiled in return. 

            This is truly happiness.

            They both looked up at the sky.     

 

© 2008 Stefanie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on April 25, 2008

Author

Stefanie
Stefanie

About
I am a hyper person, at times, and I know when to get serious. I love Anime and Manga! Yep! ^^ I'd love to be your friend! *smiles* I am very optimistic, and I always try to find the good in peo.. more..

Writing
It's Not Over It's Not Over

A Story by Stefanie