It's Not Over

It's Not Over

A Story by Stefanie
"

For English Class, I had to write a short story.

"

             

 

          An alarm clock rings. 

            A girl with brown hair pulls the covers over her head and groans.  “Shush.  I don’t want to get up.”

            The alarm clock continues to ring. 

            She groans even louder in frustration.  “Agh!  I said please be quiet!”  She snaps her brown eyes open and gasps.  “Oh no!”  She looks at the alarm clock and shuts it off.  “I’m late!”  She pulled the covers off her and tried to get up, but her feet were still tangled in the covers, and she tripped.  “Ow.  That really hurt.”  The girl went to her drawers, and found something to wear, and rushed to the bathroom.  She turned on the light, closed the door, and turned on the shower.

            A guy with black hair and azure eyes came in the bedroom, looking for something.  He was wearing blue jeans and a white shirt.  He grabbed a pair of socks and sat on the bed while putting them on.

            The phone rang, but he didn’t answer it.  Beep.  It went to voicemail.

            “Hi Brian.  It’s Karin.  Do you have the manuscript ready?  It’s already a couple days late.  If you don’t bring it in, I’m going to get yelled at….again!  I can’t handle another lecture from my boss!  All your fans are counting on you!  So get it in please.  Oh!  But on a happier note, you and Katie have been dating for a while now, huh?  And you’re guises “dating anniversary” is coming up!  How exciting is that?”

            Brian put on his shoes.

            “Well anyways, get that manuscript in, ‘kay?”

            Brian sighed and ran his figures through his black hair.

            “Oh!  And tell Katie I sad hi!  Bye!”

            Beep.

            Brian got up and went to the answering  machine.  He pressed a button. 

            The lady on the machine spoke.  “You have one new message.  Message one, January 8.  “Hi Bri-“  He pressed another button.  

            The lady spoke again.  “Message one, erased.  End of new messages.” 

            Beep.

            Brian looked out the window. 

            It was a beautiful sunny day.

            Meanwhile, in the bathroom, Katie was showered and dressed.  She was wearing a white button up short sleeved shirt, a black skirt, and black footless tights with black shoes.  A strand of her brown hair was in front of her eyes.  She blew at it, and it disappeared from her face.  She brushed her hair which went down to her breast.  Karin looked in the mirror and smiled.  She grabbed the wet towel and opened the door.  “Brian….”  She blushed.

            Brian looked away from the window. 

            Katie put the towel in the hamper.

            “Yeah….?”  He looked at her.

            Katie blushed.  “Um, well, I….”  She looked at Brian’s face.  I hate that.  She thought.  That look.  That look that you give me.  Like you’re so far away, and I can’t reach you.  I don’t think you know how much I care for you.

            “Yeah…?”  Brian asks again, this time with a little bit of irritation in his voice.

            Katie jumped a little. “I….just wanted to know….”  ….why you look at me like that….  She looked down at the floor.  “….if anyone called while I was in the shower….”

            “No.”  He left the room while saying.  “I’m going out.” 

            Katie looked up.  “Oh….okay…”  She smiled.  “Have fun.  Come home safe.”

            Brian left.

            Katie stood there.  She herd Brian leave out the front door, and the car riding off.  She sighed.  “Brian….why are you colder than usual?”  Katie gasped.  “Was it….Was it something I said?”  She plopped down on the bed.  “I hope not….”  Her eyes glanced over the clock.  “Ah!  What am I doing?!  I don’t have time to be moping!”  Katie got off the bed.  She went downstairs.  By the front door was a book-bag.  She grabbed it and left.

 

 

            Katie was standing on a train, holding onto one of the handles.  The train wasn’t crowded, but there were only about two seats left.  She didn’t want someone who really needed to sit down, like someone who is sick, the elderly, not have a seat.  Her stomach growled, and some people turned their heads in her direction.  Katie blushed.  How embarrassing!  She looked at her watch.  I’ll get there in just the nick of time.  I’ll have breakfast there.

            The train stopped.

            Katie got off.  She took in a deep breath.  “What a beautiful day!”  She walked for a little bit, and stopped in front of a large building. 

            The sign read the name of a University.

            Katie walked around the campus and stopped in front of two vending machines.  Out of one, she got some pop tarts.  Out of the other, hot chocolate.

 

 

            Katie entered her classroom and sat down.  She opened her package of pop tarts and sighed.  I’m going to graduate soon.  But then what will happen?  What will happen to me?  What will happen to us?  Katie tightened the grip on her cup of hot chocolate.  She looked down in the cup, and saw the reflection of her sad face, and closed her eyes.  What will happen to us?

 

 

            Brian was laying down on a couch in a room, staring at the ceiling. 

            A girl turned in her wheeled chair and faced Brian.  She had short brown hair, hazel eyes, and black glasses.  “Is that all you want to talk about today?”  She asked.

            Brian didn’t answer.

            She smirked.  “Anything in particular?”

            No answer.

            Someone in particular?”

            “Shut up Karin.”

            Karin sighed.  “I’m sorry.”

            Brian sat up.

            “You know, it’s very tiring being your therapist, and editor.”  Karin stated.

            Brian gave her an evil look.

            “I’m not complaining, or anything.”  She laughed nervously. 

            Brian looked away.

            “I think we’ve made some very good progress.”  Karin smiled.

            Brian stood up.  “I’m going home now.”

            “Yes.  Of course.”

            Brian left.

            Karin turned her chair back to her desk.

            A tune went off.

            She picked up her cell phone.  “Hello?”

            A guy’s voice came out the other end.  “Hey.”

            Karin smiled.  “Oh!  Hi Matt!  How are things at work?”

            “Not bad.  And you?”

            Karin sighed.  “Brian’s being a butthead as usual.  I want him to open up more.  Especially to Katie.  You know?”

            “Yeah, I hear ya.  I know him well enough, that that dream is going to be difficult.”

            Karin laughed.  “Oh!  How about I make us a special dinner?”

            “Oh really now?”

            “Yes really.  I want to.  Besides, it’ll make me feel special.”

            “You’re already special to me.  You’re my wife.”

            “I know!”  She smiled.

            “I’ll see you later.  Love you.”

            “I Love You!”

            Click.

            Karin put her phone down.  She looked out the window and smiled.

 

 

            A bell rang.

            Katie stretched.  “Ah!  The last lessen for the day.”  She stood up. 

            Some of her classmates, waved at her.  “See you tomorrow!”

            “See you tomorrow!”  Katie waved back.

            Another one of Katie’s classmates came up to her.  “Hey.  Tell Brian I said hi!”  She smiled.

            A classmate put his arm around the girl’s shoulders.  “Hey.  Tell him I sad hi too.”

            “Alright.  I will.”  Katie smiled.

            “I’m just waiting for the day when he’ll ask you to marry him.”  He said.

            Katie blushed.  “Well, if it’s meant to be, it’ll happen.”

            “Oh, it’s meant to happen!”  The girl laughed.

            Katie smiled.  “Well, thank you, I guess.”  She started to head out the door.

            “Don’t worry Katie!  Everything’s going to work out!”  The girl yelled.

            “Yeah!  All theses classes are going to pay off, and you’ll be a great therapist!”  The boy called out.

            “Thank you!”  Katie left down the hallway.

 

 

            Karin was sitting at a table outside a café. 

            “Karin!”

            Karin looked up and saw Katie running to her.

            Katie put her book-bag on the ground, and sat down.  She took a second to catch her breath, then said “I’m so sorry that I’m late!”

            “You’re not that late to be apologizing.”  Karin laughed.  “I just got here myself.”

            “Oh, well that’s good.”

            A waiter came to  their table and asked Karin what she would like to order.

             “I’ll have a piece of cheesecake with a side of strawberries please.”  She answered.

            The waiter asked Katie.

            She answered “The same, but with a piece of chocolate cheesecake, please.”

            “No problem.”  Said the waiter.  “I’ll be out with you orders shortly.”

            “Thank you.”  They both answered.

            A few kids were playing, and one of them ran into Katie’s chair.

            “I’m sorry!”  The little boy said.

            Katie laughed and smiled.  “It’s okay.”

            The boy’s mother came.  “I’m so sorry.”  She looked at her son.  “Kevin, you need to be more careful, alright?”

            “It’s okay.”  Katie replied.  She patted the boy on the head.

            He smiled.

            Karin watched Katie smile with the boy.  Wait.  Just you wait Katie.  It’s not over.

 

 

            Brian opened the door and entered the house.  He put his keys on the table.  Brian went in the kitchen and saw a plate of food on the table.  A piece of paper lay beside it.

             It read – I made dinner.  Oh, and Karin wanted me to tell you to get that manuscript in.  Love Katie.  She drew a heart at the end. 

            Brian went upstairs, and opened the door to the bedroom. 

            Katie was half under the sheets sleeping.

            Brian sighed.  That idiot’s going to catch a cold.  He walked over to her and pulled the covers over her.  Brian started at her sleeping face.  Idiot.

 

 

            Katie turned off her alarm clock and got ready for the day.

            The calendar had a heart around the date – January 9

            Brian was still in bed with his eyes closed. 

            She kissed him, and left the house.

            Once the front door closed, Brian open his eyes.  Idiot.

 

 

            Katie was on the train.  Today’s the day.   The day everything happened.

 

 

            Brian, now ready for the day, went in his work room. 

            In the room was a couple of book cases, two windows, a lamp, a desk with a lamp, papers, pens, pencils, and a laptop on it.  At the trashcan, there were paper balls, in and out. 

            Brian entered the room and sat in his wheeled chair.  Today’s the day.   The day everything happened.  He flipped open his laptop and turned it on.  He opened a file.  The manuscript is almost done.  Then the book will be published.  Brian’s right pointer finger was lightly tapping on one key.  But then what will happen?  What will happen to me?  What will happen to us?  Brian stared at the screen.  What will happen to us?

 

 

            Matt and Karin were sitting on their couch, watching TV.

            Karin hung up her cell phone.

            “Is she still not answering?”  Matt asked.  He had black hair and teal eyes.

            Karin sighed.  “Yeah….”

            “Well, we know why.”

            “I know…”  Karin put her phone down. 

            Today’s the day.

 

 

            Katie got off the train.  She slightly laughed.

            People stared at her, but she didn’t care.  She was in her own little world.  Nothing mattered.  No one mattered.

            She continued walking.  I still remember it so clearly.

 

 

Flashback

 

           

            A man kneeled down and put his hand on the head of a younger Katie.  He had blonde hair and blue eyes. 

            “Mr. James, my dad said that you wanted to see me?”

“There are two boys I want you to meet.  Okay?”  He smiled and put his hands on Katie’s shoulders and turned her around. 

            In front of her were two boys(obviously).

            James pointed to the boy who was a little taller than the other one.  “This is Kyle.” 

            “Oh, hi.”  Katie smiled.

            Kyle smiled back.  “Hello.  It’s very nice to meet you.”

            James put his hand on Katie’s shoulder.  “Kyle is the one I told you about.  He will help you with your studies when you’re a little older.”

            Kyle had dull blond hair, and dull azure eyes.  “I look forward to working with you.”

            A little startled, Katie answered.  “Ah….yeah….”  Kyle….He’s known for being really smart, like a genius.  And he knows a lot about the human brain.  And he’s volunteered to help me become a therapist.

            “And this, is my son….Brian.”

            “Hello.”  Katie smiled.

            “Tch!”  Brian looked away.

            “Brian.  Don’t be rude.”  James walked toward Brian.  “Please.”

            Brian looked at Katie.  “Hi.”  He said it short and fast.  Then looked down at the ground.

            Katie blushed.  Did I do something wrong?

            James slightly laughed.  “I know what you’re probably thinking.  Don’t mind his rudeness.  He’s actually more charming than he leads on.  He’s just been through….a rough time.”

            Katie’s body got tense and she breathed in quickly.  That’s right.  His mom died.  Around the same time mine did too.  She looked at Kyle and Brian.  I hope we all become good friends.

            James was talking to the boys.

            Kyle was listening and smiling….

            ….while Brian was staring at the ground.

            I hope that happens!  She smiled.

 

 

            The phone rang. 

            Next to the phone was a picture of a woman with brown/red orange hair down a little past the middle of her back, and ruby eyes was smiling. 

            A man with brown hair and eyes answered the phone.  “Hello?”

            “Hello Mr. Ken.”

            “Oh hello Kyle.”

            “May I please speak with Katie?”

            “Oh yes, of course.”  Ken put the phone away from his face.  “Katie….!”

            Katie opened her bedroom door.  “Yes?”

            “Kyle’s on the phone.”

            “Oh.  Thank you.”

            Ken waited until he herd the beep, and hung up.  He looked at the picture, and ran his fingers over it.  Lauren.  Katie’s turning out to be the wonderful daughter, no, woman we knew she would.  It’s not over.  Far from it.

            Upstairs, Katie was in her room sitting on the bed talking to Kyle.

            “Are you still able to make it tomorrow?”  He asked.

            “Yes.” 

            “Well, until tomorrow.”

            “Until tomorrow.”

            “See you later.”

            “See you later.”  Katie hung up the phone, and laid down.  Even though it wasn’t suppose to be until a little later, for a while now, since I’ve meet him and Brian, Kyle has been helping me with my studies.  I’ve gotten to be close friends to both Kyle and Brian.  She sighed.  Though, I don’t think Brian sees it that way at all.

 

 

            Katie was running to an opened field park.  She waved her hand in the air.  “Kyle!”

            Kyle was sitting against a tree, reading a book.  He looked up and smiled.

            Katie reached him and took a few seconds to catch her breath.  “I’m….so sorry….I’m late….”

            Kyle smiled.  “Not by much.  It’s okay.”

            Katie sat down next to him.  She looked at the book Kyle was reading.

            After marking the page, Kyle put the book down.  “I’ve marked the places we should go over today.”

            Still panting a little, Katie answers “Alright.”

            Kyle looked through some papers.

            Katie watched him.  I’m so glade that I have such good friends.  She got a little sad.

            “So.  What’s on your mind?”

            “What do you mean?”  Katie now had her pulse in tack.

            “Come on, Katie.  I know you well enough to know that something is wrong.”

            “Well….I was just thinking….”

            “Yeah?  About what?”

            “That I’m so grateful to have such wonderful friends like you and Brian.”

            “Yeah….?”

            “Well….”  Katie brought her knees closer to her chest.  “I don’t think Brian likes me.”

            Kyle hesitates at first.  But then smiles.  “That’s not true.  I know Brian.  He shows almost no emotion what-so-ever.  You know, when Brian was at his mother’s funeral, he didn’t even cry.  But as soon as we left, and we were alone, he cried.  He told me that I was the first one he ever cried in front of.  He refused to cry in front of anyone.  Especially his mother.  He wanted to be strong for her.  Because she was sick.  He felt that crying made him weaker.”

            Katie didn’t say anything.

            “The point that I’m trying to make, is that since you two have met, he’s become much softer, and cares more.  He just doesn’t like to show it.  That’s all.”

            Katie looked at him.  “Are you sure?”

            “I’m sure.”

            “Sure, sure?”

            Yes.  Sure, sure”

            “Alright.  If you say so.”

            “I say so, and I know so.”  Kyle smiled.

            Katie laughed.

            “What?  What’s so funny?”

            “Nothing.  I’m laughing with you, not at you.”

            “Mmhm.  Sure you are.”

            Katie giggled.

            Kyle picked the book up.  “Now let’s get started.”

            “Aw.  Do we have to?”

            “Yes.  Now pay attention.”  Kyle took his pencil and tapped Katie on the head.

            “Ow.  I’m paying attention.”  Yes.  I am blessed.  Blessed to have such good friends.

 

 

            The doorbell rang, and Brian opened the door.  “What?”

            Matt and Karin were standing in front of him.

            “Um,” Karin started, “is Katie alright?”

            “Can we see her?”  Matt asked.

            “You can try, but she hasn’t left her room in quit awhile.”  Brian answered.

            “So, you’ve tried to see her?”  asked Karin.

            Brian hesitated at first.  “Yeah.”

            “Well, if she hasn’t even opened the door for you,” said Matt.  “then we shouldn’t try to bother her.”

            “What the hell is that suppose to mean?”  Brian asked irritated.

            “Um, nothing.”  Karin said.

            Brian was just about to say something when he saw Kyle running toward them.

            “I got your message.”  Kyle said panting.  “What exactly is going on?”

            Matt and Karin looked at each other, while Brain looked away.

            Well?!  Is someone going to tell me or not!?”

            “Katie’s….”  Karin started.

            Matt saw Karin having trouble.  “Katie’s father died, so she’s now living with Brian.”

            Kyle had a blank expression on his face.  He stood there in silence, because no words would come out.  It was like someone was choking him, preventing him to talk.

            Matt continued.  “He was shot six times by some idiot who worked with him, and wanted to steal his money….or something.  He’s in jail now.”

            “Thank God.”  Karin said while trying to stop the tears from coming.

            “DAMN IT!”  Matt slammed his fists against the wall.  “I told her I would always be there for her!  I told her!  After her mother died….”  He brought his arm down to his sides.  “I promised….”  He tightened his fists.  “I promised.” 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

A young Katie was standing by her dad and a bunch of other people, who were all wearing black.  A young Matt was standing next to her.

A casket went down.

Katie pulled on her father’s shirt.  “Dad….!  Where are they taking mom….?!”  She watched the casket go lower, and started to cry.  “Where are they taking her?!  Tell them to bring her back!  Bring her back!” 

Katie ran to the casket, but her father grabbed her.

Katie tried to break free.  She pulled and pulled on her father’s arms, but didn’t get very far.  She dug her nails into her dad’s skin, and he started bleeding.  She felt something like liquid touch her fingers.  Katie looked down and her eyes widened.  She looked up at her father, and saw pain all over his face. 

But it wasn’t the pain of his arms.

Katie looked back at the casket, fell to her knees and….cried.

She cried like a baby.

She cried like an adult.

Cried like her favorite toy was broken.

Cried like she made a mistake.

She cried like she just lost a game.

She cried like she lost.

Matt ran to Katie and held her. 

Katie cried into Matt’s arms.

Matt tightened his grip on Katie.  “I’ll always be there for you.  I promise.”

 

 

End Flashback

 

 

            Karin put her hand on Matt’s fist. 

            Matt loosened his grip.

            She held his hand.  “It’s alright.”

            Matt looked away.  “No….it’s not.”

            Kyle and Karin tried to calm Matt down.

            Brian took one last look at them, and closed the door.

            Karin clasped her hands together and looked up at the house.   Please Brian….help her.  Whether you know it or not, you are the only one who can.

 

 

            Brian knocked on a door.  “Katie….?” 

            There was no answer.

            Brian slowly opened the door.  He walked in. 

            Katie was lying on her side on the bed with her back facing Brian. 

            It was dead silent. 

            Brian walked over to the bed and sat next to her.  I want to say something, but I don’t know what.  He got up, but felt something pulling him back.  Brian looked back to see Katie facing him, and her hand was gripping his shirt.

            Stay….Please….stay with me….don’t leave me alone….

            Brian looked into Katie’s eyes.  Even though she didn’t say anything, he herd everything.  He could see it in her eyes.  Brian saw the tear stains that were on her cheeks.  He took his hands and cupped her face, and wiped her  stains with his thumbs.  Brian put his forehead against hers, and then laid down with her.       

 

 

            Katie who was a little older was walking to the house from the mailbox.  She walked in, saying “Hey, Brian!”

            “What?”  No emotion in his voice.

            “We got a letter from Matt and Karin.”  She waved it in the air.

            “Great.”  Again, with the no emotion in his voice.  He was sitting on the couch.

            Katie sat next to him.  “I wonder what it is.  The envelope is so pretty.”

            “Probably something stupid.”

            Katie threw a pillow at Brian’s head.

            He was about to throw it back, when Katie spoke.

            “It says that we’re invited….to their wedding!”

            Brian saw the excitement in her eyes.  He “cleared his throat” and looked away.

            “I’m going to call them right now!”

            Brian watched Katie shoot up and run to the phone.

            “Matt!  I got your invitation!  Congratulations!”  She laughed.

            Brian watched her.

            “Yes.  Of course!  Even though he doesn’t show it, trust me, Brian can’t wait either!”  Katie smiled at Brian.

            Brian took his newspaper and put in front of his face.

            Katie laughed.  “Trust me.  I can’t wait!”

            Brian looked over the newspaper, and stared at Katie.

 

 

            Katie was talking on the phone.  “Yes, I’m fine.”

            On the other line was Karin.  “Are you sure?”

            “Yes.”

            “I mean, this is a big deal.  I mean he told you that he loved you, fully knowing that you love Brian.”

            Katie gave a half smile.  “Yeah….I just hope I didn’t hurt Kyle’s feelings.”

            “Well, he was aware of your feelings for Brian.  I mean, he even said that to you.”

            “I know….”  Katie remembers the conversation they had a while back.

 

 

Flashback

 

 

            “So.  What’s on your mind?”

            “What do you mean?”  .

            “Come on, Katie.  I know you well enough to know that something is wrong.”

            “Well….I was just thinking….”

            “Yeah?  About what?”

            “That I’m so grateful to have such wonderful friends like you and Brian.”

            “Yeah….?”

            “Well….”  Katie brought her knees closer to her chest.  “I don’t think Brian likes me.”

            Kyle hesitates at first.  But then smiles.  “That’s not true.”

 

 

End Flashback

 

 

            Katie was at the table writing a letter.  On it, she wrote the date-January 9th .  The phone rang, and she answered it.  “Oh!  Hi Karin!  Yes, I’m almost ready.  I’ll meet you guys there, okay?”

            “Hey, Matt wants to talk to you.”

            “Alright.”

            “Hey.”

            “Hi Matt!  Your guises wedding was beautiful….!  And it was such a beautiful day too.  Good thing, huh?”

            Matt laughed.  “Yeah!  You know, ever since you and Brian have been seeing each other, things have gotten interesting.”

            Katie could hear Karin yelling in the background-“Matt!  Leave her and Brian alone!”

            “Alright, alright….”  Matt laughed.  “Anyway, Katie, we’ll meet you at the mall, alright?”

            “Yep!”  Katie smiled.

            “See you soon!”

            “Later!”  Katie hung up.

 

 

            Brian and Katie met Matt and Karin in front of the mall. 

            They all said hello to each other.

            Karin pointed to the other side of the street.  “Look!  It’s Kyle!”

            Katie waved her hand in the air.  “Kyle!  Over here!”

            Kyle waited for the sign on the machine telling him he could walk.  He got about halfway through the street, when there was a horrific screeching sound.

            “KYLE!”  Katie’s eyes widened, as she saw Brian get hit by a car.  She started to run toward him, but Matt grabbed her arm.  Katie managed to get free, and ran to Kyle.

            There was now a circle of people around him, and someone calling an ambulance.

            Katie pushed her way through the crowd, and managed to get to Kyle. 

            He was laying on the ground, in a pool of his blood.

            Katie’s knees were shaking, and she feel to the ground.  Tears were coming out, and she slowly put her hands closer to Kyle’s face.  She tried to speak, but no words would come out.  Her throat  was choking with pain. 

            Kyle opened his eyed and smiled at Katie.

            Katie smiled back.  “….Kyle….”

            “Katie….”

            Katie shook her head.  “Don’t….talk…..okay?....”

            Kyle brought his hand close to Katie’s face, but stopped himself.

            “What?....”  Katie held his hand.

            “….I….wish you and Brian….the best of luck….”  Kyle smiled.

            “What’s that suppose to mean?!  You’re acting like we’ll never see each other again….”

            “Don’t worry….you’ll have Brian.  I know you two will be happy.”

            “Stop….Stop it!  Don’t….Don’t say things like that!  You’re going to get better!  And then we can all hang out again!  Just like now!  Don’t….Don’t leave!  Don’t leave me!....”

            Kyle just kept on smiling.  “….It’s not over….Far from it….” 

            Katie felt Kyle’s grip, fade away, and his hand fell to the ground.  “Kyle?  Kyle!”  She laid on top of him.  “You idiot!  I told you not to leave!  Why didn’t you listen?!”

            The ambulance just came, and the people came out with the stretcher.  One of the men tried to get Katie to let go of Kyle.

            “No!  I told him not to leave!”

            The man apologized, and grabbed Katie, and pulled her off.

            She screamed and tried to break free, but the man was too strong.  Katie looked at her hands, and then her self and noticed that she was covered in blood.  Kyle’s blood.  More tears came out, and she looked back at Kyle. 

            The men  were putting him in the ambulance. 

            Katie looked up at the man.

            He looked into her eyes, as if to say I’m sorry.

 

 

End Flashback

 

 

            Katie was sitting on a bench, staring at the people in the open field having fun. 

            “Hey.”

            Katie looked to her right.  “Brian?....Wh-What are you doing here?”

            Brian walked in front of the bench, and a little further out.  His back was facing Katie.  “I know….I know that today is probably….a hard day for you.”

            Katie stared at him.  He’s trying to cheer me up!

            “I just wanted to let you know that I’m here for you, okay?  And that I love you.”  He looked back and saw Katie crying.  “What the hell?!”

            Katie laughed while she wiped away her tears.  “No….these are tears of happiness silly!”  She smiled at him.

            Brian blushed.  “Oh.”

            Katie stood up.  “Oh.”  She walked to Brian and hugged him.  “I love you too.”

            Brian blushed and hugged her back.  “Yeah.”

 

 

            Katie was sitting on the same bench at the open clearing.  Matt and Karin were sitting with her. 

            “He’ll be back soon.”  Karin said.

            Matt smiled.  “Yeah.  I mean, I still can’t believe that he had to go to New York to see this big time editor.” 

            “It just goes to show how great he is.”  Karin said.

            Katie sighed.  She was holding a book.  “But he won’t be back until two weeks from now.”  Katie stood up.  The book was on the bench.  The book said it was by Brian, and the title read-It’s Not Over.

            “What would you say if we had a better offer?”  Karin asked while standing up.

            “What are you talking about?”  Katie faced them.

            Matt stood up.  “What if he was here?”

            “I would be even happier than I already am.”

            “Well, then you must be pretty damn happy.”  Matt smiled.

            Katie looked confused.

            Matt and Karin turned Katie around.

            Brian was standing in front of her.

            They both smiled.

            Brian and Katie ran to each other.

            It’s not over.

            Far from it.

            It’s just the beginning.

 

           

 

 

              

 

 

© 2008 Stefanie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on April 25, 2008

Author

Stefanie
Stefanie

About
I am a hyper person, at times, and I know when to get serious. I love Anime and Manga! Yep! ^^ I'd love to be your friend! *smiles* I am very optimistic, and I always try to find the good in peo.. more..

Writing