My Last Farewell

My Last Farewell

A Story by Havatara

My dear Marcus,


I know that you told me that, in time, you would make your secrets known to me.  However, I have found that, though this is what you told me, I will never know what is on your mind.  I fear to know the reasons you left my bed.  I could scarce imagine the reasons why you were so ill as to be up so late at night.  What ailed your mind?  What thoughts were running through your sorrowful heart?  I will never know, for this very night I shall die.  I shall die as Caesar hath died.  My dear husband, what could have caused you to betray him so?  What could have made you betray your beloved Rome?  I believed in you and trusted you, until the very moment your blade entered his warm flesh and your hands were awash with his red life.  No longer do I feel safe in your life.  No longer do I consider you my husband.  You are a stranger, and to a stranger I bid my last farewell.


Sincerely, your love,

Portia Catonis

© 2011 Havatara


Author's Note

Havatara
Portia's suicide note =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved this. This was very sophisticated and I thought this was very well written. Good job

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

490 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 25, 2011
Last Updated on March 25, 2011

Author

Havatara
Havatara

The Town That Moved, St. Louis County, MN (aka Hicksville), MN



About
My birthday is November 12, 1994. I was born and raised in Minnesota and am loving it, despite the mosquitoes and the six month winter. It would be AMAZING if you reviewed something of mine if I r.. more..

Writing
Me and You Me and You

A Poem by Havatara


Nightdemons Nightdemons

A Poem by Havatara