Perspective in a Glass

Perspective in a Glass

A Poem by Hazel Chikara
"

the reason why we are enslaved by our own mindsets

"

 

An Angle, some context, an aspect, some vista, a panorama, a frame of reference, a way of thinking and speaking. These are most words the thesaurus will deliver when typed, But what really is it in life. What really do we deliver when asked contextually adjacent to this word. Is it a verb, is it a noun? Do we pay attention to the impact it brings in defining Culture, in bringing respect, in finding love, acquiring armistice with forfeiture and above all, a way of life.

 

Most people have brought amicable reference to the Half Full Half Empty glass. There lies a scale of life. There lies perspective, creeping in the shadows of Ignorance.

 

To a believer, perspective is always a half full glass, bursting with positivity and an adversity to the aura of anyone who attributes a differing perspective towards the glass. To a believer perspective is heaven or hell, right or wrong, pure or evil. An adversity will always determine the contrary that one turns out to be a devil’s advocate by merely acquiring a different perspective. 

 

Perspective brings about a way of life, an atmosphere, a culture but what determines a perspective that it can be applied leading for it to be a way of life is merely the ability to defend it. Like a Lion leading a herd, the lion’s victory in fights determines the perspective of other lions who the King of the jungle really is. Physical attributes have no might versus perspective because as much as the other lions mark their territories the loudest roar which instils fear governs perspectives. Perspective a voice louder than any roar.

 

Perspective, a mark tattooed too deep in our cores that can genuinely blind us from aestheticizing the truth. Perspective a word that can bulge you in an abyss of debt, heartache, suffering, hatred and puerile decisions. Perspective a mother of all failure peculiar when pursued wrongly. Perspective a thief in the night because of a hush hush word given to a desperate girlfriend who depended entirely on the word given by the boyfriend, she will go on having a perspective of love to an insolent cheat who is not only horrid but could care less about her future, her hurt and her life as a whole by loosely lapidating an “but I love you bae”. The desperate girl will forever go through immense pain and hurt having the frame of reference of a half empty glass as a half full glass. Perspective a way of life that led to suicide.

 

 

Perspective a thief in the night simply because of a pastor who came and said I have been called by god to preach the good news yet his zipper has been zipped by a stripper filthy in her hands but had the audacity to calm the pastor’s nerves before coming in front of a congregation. A pastor of good news busy sodomising and molesting children half his age then come with a certain rage and curses sexual immorality and all the sexual sins life can present. I am not saying sinning makes sense but perspective a mother of all failures if the molested children lift up their voice crying, can you not see this, pastor your zipper is black but to all he is wearing white garment like a cherub who has just finished singing hosanna to the King of Kings. Truth yells, depart from this anointing because of fact a b c, but what do we see, a perspective set on the first instance of belief, a perspective already installed from the manufactures for without it fears and insecurities build upon. We all got to hell because of some context of a half empty glass we were told was half full.

 

Perspective master of all, clustering them into masses of war. A half full glass made to look half empty my egotistic economists and power hungry bosses who did not tell us our true value but valued making their selves fat. Bosses with diplomas and certificates who told and fed a degreed graduate nonsense of failure to apply and lack of experience, that graduate having a vista of a half empty glass and is still reporting to the boss even after five year of graduate training. Truth and fact will come and insight,” but hail graduate how long will you stay a graduate trainee.” The graduate ardently, will always answer, hush hush, for my boss will see my half empty glass losing more of its already little substance. Little does the graduate cognize that roses do not always make fragrance, not only are their scent sweet and lovely, sometimes they plainly smell like weeds.  Perspective the reason why the graduate is never in the board of directors. Perspective, the reason why he is still worshipping his lowly educated boss

 

Perspective, an intuition discovered since birth. Susceptible to gender and already cultured perspective, a girl is brought up to please the husband. Perspective a cultured notion to the boy to be a sexual predator. The girl never saw otherwise, all she focused on was pleasing the future husband, stuck in “Dear future husband notes” not minding the other world outside sex and copulation. The boy hustling so bad not for the good of his wellbeing but heading a family, which is commendable but in turn flaunting all his efforts to small houses and prostitutes, well they are indistinguishable to me, but who could blame them, that is all they know, this is how they were brought up they were never told the auxiliary side of life. Perspective an ill gained practise manoeuvred by ignorance itself the master of all slavery. Perspective the reason why most are in slavery.

 

One would interrogate, then what good is it to only exhibit the perspective of the adverse of perspective itself, what benefit will it be exhibiting the bad, what appropriateness is it to show the bad. Alas, all blame should be never be laid upon it, simply because it is the reason why Martin Luther King stood up and started revolting, why most countries have independence, and why above all most have a wide smile when thinking upon the perspective as a way of life.

 

 

 

By

Hazel T Chikara

Acknowledgements to Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

© 2016 Hazel Chikara


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

514 Views
Added on August 18, 2016
Last Updated on August 18, 2016
Tags: perspective, perception, glass