How to Boost Motivation in Your Loved One's Life

How to Boost Motivation in Your Loved One's Life

A Book by Home Care Assistance Carmel
"

Most of the seniors may become lazy and less motivated to do things at an older age. Your loved one's desire to achieve something in life might fade over time.

"

No Chapters


© 2017 Home Care Assistance Carmel


Author's Note

Home Care Assistance Carmel
Most of the seniors may become lazy and less motivated to do things at an older age. Your loved one's desire to achieve something in life might fade over time. You need skills and strategies to make a successful relationship with your loved one. Here are five ways you can to motivate your loved one.

1. Encourage Few and Manageable Goals
Often, younger adults remind themselves to make and achieve goals. Setting monthly or weekly goals may benefit seniors too. If your loved one is goal oriented then it may boost motivation, a sense of purpose, and pride in his or her life. Tell your loved one to make few and manageable goals daily. For instance, seniors can do ten stretches, complete a small craft project, or finish a cup of juice. You can help your loved one to make and achieve his or her goals. Offer encouragement to your loved one in every step and compliment when he or she completes the task. Giving pleasant compliments for completing a simple task may make a senior’s day.

2. Cherish Your Loved One’s Self-Identify
Every senior was once a young adult full of energy, passions, ambitions, and dreams. Your loved one may be romantic or adventurous in his or her younger days. Many seniors feel delighted to share their stories or pictures with others. If your loved one lives alone then surround his or her living environment with photos. Photos and postcards may enhance your loved one’s living environment. Ask your loved one question and listen to the stories to glorify his or her past. Encourage your loved one to construct her or his biography. It can be a wonderful way to increase your loved one's mental and social skills. Watching old pictures may enhance self-esteem, and uplifts your loved one's spirit.

3. Introduce Seniors to Technologies
Social networking is an amazing ways for seniors to connect with family and friends. Your loved one may find such connections convenient and less stressful. Family and friends can check their loved one’s emotional well-being via the internet. Otherwise, it may be difficult for you to keep your loved one's life in check. But, face to face interactions are better than connecting on the internet. Seniors may feel lonely without social networking. Studies show that social networking is becoming more popular in seniors.

4. Make Your Loved One Feel Useful
Seniors may want to feel useful around the house even if they have limited mobility. Introduce conversational topics or tasks so your loved one may feel wanted or needed. You can ask your loved one advice on important life matters. Talk to seniors like they’re your mentors or trainers. Take your loved one’s opinion before making certain decisions so he or she may feel important. Give your loved one manageable task to embrace a sense of accomplishment in his or her life.

5. Embrace Adaptive & Flexible skills
Your loved one's physical and cognitive skills may decline at an older age. Help your loved one in various types of managing skills to help him or her adjust with dignity. You may give your loved one fewer but workable task to do daily. Tell your loved one to break a major task into baby steps to make it more manageable. Help your loved one to in his or her daily tasks and allow him or her to do what he or she is able to.

For Further Detail: http://homecareassistancecarmel.com

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on July 10, 2017
Last Updated on July 10, 2017
Tags: health, healthy, healthcare

Author

Home Care Assistance Carmel
Home Care Assistance Carmel

About
Home Care Assistance Carmel provides respite and live-in home professional caregiving services to seniors by helping to carry out daily jobs like meal preparation, gardening, grocery shopping, transpo.. more..

Writing