Beautiful Lies

Beautiful Lies

A Story by CherryEllie
"

...

"

Eric runs his fingers slowly down the mirror, creating parallel lines in-between the steam. His dead hazel eyes finally meet the ones in his own reflection. He sighs, and turns his head to the side, instinctively. He wants to look, but his mind won't let him.


Or, maybe it's his heart.


His grip on the side of the sink, tightens. He lowers his head, and sees the clear water that's still pouring down from the foucet. He can't help, but stare at it. It's like it hypnotises him.


Eric's thoughts are all jumbled up inside his head, and he doesn't know how to bring order, but soon, he realises that looking down at this silver swirl pool calms his mind, for some reason.


He gets so lost in its serenity, that he doesn't realise the porceline doll, wrapped up in a sky blue blanket, that's standing beside him, calling for his attention.


"Baby..." Hearing her voice, he pushes away from the sink, and finally notices her. "Are you okay?" Her voice so gentle, so sweet, that it instantly makes him smile.


Eric turns towards her, grabs her by the waist, and pulls her body to connect with his. "How can I not be?" His voice sounds comes out raspy, yet so full of warmth. "When I have you right here, in my arms..." He rubs his forehead with hers, in order to bring them even closer together.


Alice spreads out her arms, reaviling her slender figure, and wraps the soft blanket around him in a warm embrace, whilst gently placing her head on his left shoulder. They both revel in the feeling of their naked bodies touching, as if their skin was remebering the night before.


"You always know just what to say..." Her voice is so low, that it could barely pass as a whisper. They stay in this tight cocoon for a few seconds more, until Alice decides to pull her head back, and face him. Seeing her gorgeous blue eyes, Eric couldn't help but veer towards them.


Just as their lips were about to touch, Eric felt a rush of hot breath. "I love you." Those three powerful words stopped him in his track, and left him frozen. It took him a second to pull his head back, and face her. Before he could say anything, or even react at all to what she just said, more words kept flooding out, without stop. "Y-You don't have to say it back!" She looked to the side, and you could see the faint pink blush fading in on her cheeks.


LOVE


Something that Eric was unfamiliar with.

Something he never saw.

Something he never felt.


When he looked at her, all he could see was her lips moving, and head turning. None of her words were actually reaching him beyond the surface. His mind was replaying her confession on repeat, and it kept him in a sudden suspence.

The gentle placement of her small hand on his soft cheek was what it took to snap him out it. "I-I know we've only been dating for a few months, but-" Eric reached up, to join his rough hand with hers. "I care about you, so much." Her smile alone, in that single moment, could light up the whole world. "And, I just want you t-to know that." She bit her lip, feeling flustered.


Then, she snatched her hand away from his cheek, and turned around, wrapping herself tightly back in her blanket, as if she was using it as a safe haven. She couldn't face him. She was scared to. The longer the silence between them went on, the harder it became for her to breath.


Eric knew that. He knows that what he's going to say next will make or break their entire relationship. He knows that he has to be honest with her. Tell her how he truly feels inside.


He took a step forward, and wrapped his muscular arms around her tiny body. Alice gasped as she felt his sudden warmth. Tears were already starting to gather in her eyes. She placed her hands on his arms, and leaned back into the hug. She wanted to keep him there, like being embrace by him was the only thing that kept her standing. The only thing that kept her alive.


Eric took a deep breath, and spoke.


"I care about you too."


Lies.


"Those last eight months felt like heaven with you in them."


Lies.


"Every night I go to sleep, feeling like the happiest guy in the world-"


Lies.


"Knowing that when I look to my side, I'll see you there, beside me."


LIES.


Every honey glazed word was a like a tiny spear into her heart. Even though he didn't say the exact words, she still felt loved, and cared for, more than she ever knew she could be. It felt like her heart was slowly mending together, after being torn apart for so long.


If only she knew it wasn't real.


If she had just looked at his face right now, she would see nothing more than a blank page, because that's exactly what he felt at that moment.


Nothing.


Reluctantly, she stepped out of his warm embrace, even though she wished she could ravel in its warmth forever. When her eyes met his, his facade was back on, and Alice was left in the dark once again - used, manipulated, and left completely in the dark.


Eric smiled as he cast his gaze upon her, noticing every little detail of her body. How her pupils dialated with every escape of her breath. How she was rubbing her thighs together, wanting to experience that sweet realise once again. Oh, he knew exactly what she wanted, and he was going to give it to her, over and over, until she was left a moaning mess under him.


He took a step towards her, and lifted her up in the air, which then caused her to drop her save haven on the floor, and wrap her legs around his waist. Their lips finally met in a fiery passion, after being apart for so long, and their bodies melted together, like they were one.


Somehow, they left the bathroom, and ended up back in her bed. He, of course, took her to a place she moaned for. After the months they've spent together, Eric knew exactly what to do. To him, their love making felt like the process of a well oiled machine - lifeless, and mechanical.


But, then again, that's how he felt in his previous relationship, too. Not to mention, the one before that, and the one before that... and every single relationship he has ever been in.


She never felt happier, than in this moment, connected to him. He never felt worse, having to perform the act, keeping his facade in place. With each thurst, Alice listened to every beautiful lie that came out of his mouth, longing for more.

Time flew by, and eventually she fell asleep, whilst he laid in bed, staring at the ceiling. Now that she couldn't see him, his expression turned dark, and his eyes went back to their original dead form. Once again, throughts kept bouncing around in his head, filling him with dread.


"Disgusting."


"Horrible."


"Gross."


As he closed his eyes, wanting sleep to take him over so that he could escape his own mind, he wondered how long would he feel that way.


When will this nightmare finally end?

© 2021 CherryEllie


Author's Note

CherryEllie
We all have a story we will never tell...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

This is wonderful, wonderful detail and imagery

Posted 2 Years Ago


CherryEllie

2 Years Ago

Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 19, 2021
Last Updated on October 19, 2021

Author

CherryEllie
CherryEllie

United Kingdom



About
I love writing and reading books. I'm very old-school as well ;) more..

Writing
Religion Religion

A Poem by CherryEllie