Chapter One- Ben Kingston

Chapter One- Ben Kingston

A Chapter by Becky

 

     Life can be real or a myth, in which it can trick you into horrifying depths and fates.. It grasps every strand of reality and mix it up with the unreal. It untwines like a spool of thread. Once it's completely gone it's gone forever.

     The sky was blood red and the musk of the polluted city burned around every corner and every crack of this desolated city. As lives of the new and old live together in what they think is harmony when it's really poverty and violence. As each day passes the weak become weaker and strong become stronger. Children are making their way to school. Parents walking to their dead end jobs just to get a low wage pay, which barley puts the food on the table for a family of three.  The sun rises and falls, each day the same old thing, it's like a cycle. Of death and birth. Garbage piled the sidewalks and in every alley sat a homeless man or women holding signs that read. " will work for food". But people don't care they walk right pass. Once in a while a kind person will lend a dime of a nickel but what good could that do, penny candy money is what that is. Above In the tallest and shabbiest apartment building in the last room on the right. Sitting on his bed with wide bold read tired eyes sat a man. He had smooth short dirty blond hair. He wore a White tang top and black jeans. He ran his weary fingers through his matted hair. The TV blasted. News about three shootings that have happened the night before, right down the street from this man. He stood and walked over to his night stand and picked up a picture frame. He scared at with a half smile. The glow of the girl in the picture sparkled the tear falling off his cheek. She was a petit and golden blond haired women. She had a sweet smile according to the picture, it was at their wedding. She wore a pure white silk dress with diamond necklaces and bracelets. He red lipstick glittered. He placed it down. He grabbed a white work shirt and tie and headed out slamming the door behind him. As he did a news paper flew off the a shelf and landed on the floor. The date was August 5 2003, Wife of a big Company owner gunned down and shot". It showed a picture of The man standing at the funeral with tears in his eyes. The man that we know is a big owner of some high paying company in this low depth city, with his wife to have been dead for 5 years. He walked down the smelly streets briefcase in hand. Loud bustling noises broke his quiet mind. Cars honked their horns. People screamed and the beggars begged at his feet every couple years. He tossed them one or two dollars which is his daily routine. No thanks are needed he would always say. He tightened his tie and walked into this large gray buildings with windows reaching all the way to the top. The doors slide open as bright luminescent lights blinded him, as it reflected off the Marble floors. Large pots of roses and daffodils brightened the room. In the front desk a women with dark brown hair a large red lips snapped gum with a nail filer in hands. She noticed Him and quickly hide the filer and swallowed the gum. " good morning Ben, I mean Mr. Kingston". She said in her New York accent. " good morning Irene". Ben said with a smile. Irene took a long sigh and went back to filing her nails.  



© 2009 Becky


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on April 11, 2009


Author

Becky
Becky

East Haddam, CT



About
I don't believe in anything that can be considered 'Normal' No one is normal. The reailty of it is that we are all different and we all have different feelings, personalities towards things and no one.. more..

Writing
Bleh Bleh

A Poem by Becky


Simple. Simple.

A Poem by Becky


Bees Bees

A Poem by Becky