"Humans"

"Humans"

A Chapter by Andrea Miller

Lilly and I were running for what seemed like hours before we finally reached the Valley. Just ahead of us we saw the faint glow of lanterns hanging in front of a small cabin door. We walked up to the familiar home and Lilly knocked on the front door, looking around one last time to see if we were safe.
An old woman we knew well answered the door. "Mrs. Dey, my sister and I were attacked by humans at the village, we would be in your debt If you would give us a place to stay"
"Oh my, yes of course come in and make yourself at home. I'm so sorry dears. But, dare I ask where your mother is?" Lilly and I exchanged looks of sadness and back and the woman nodded solemnly.
Lilly dragged me in the door and we both entered the small room. It smelled just they way you'd expect an old house to smell.
I tugged Lilly's sleeve "When are we going home Lilly"I asked her.
" we can't ever go back home I'm afraid Hera, and when you get older you'll be on your own we'll start training you soon."
"Training??" She hushed me and we sat at a small round table. The woman walked in and set tea out for us, she looked at me and Lilly. "My goodness its been so long, how old are you girls now?" She asked smiling. "I'm nineteen and Hera is nine."
"I really am getting old," she chuckled. "I know it is a sore subject, but are you sure your mother and father are gone?" She asked Lilly.
"I'm sure. The village was in flames and there was no way they left anyone behind." She said sharply.
"I see, well I'll do all that I can for you girls. What do you need right now, I bet you're starved."
"Well we'll need a place to call home until Hera comes of age and completes her training, then we'll part ways."
"Well then that doesn't seem too hard, since my son left we've had a room open so your welcome to it. I'll have to make you hunt for me though Lilly." She chuckled and showed us to our new room. We slept lightly, still scarred from the scenes of horror we saw.

"Hera! Time for training get your a*s up!"
"W-wa-"
"Get up! Get up!"
She lead me outside and threw me a wooden sword like thing.
"Come at me, your training starts now."
I ran at her with the sword and right away she swiped it out of my hand and whipped the sword end across my waist.
"Ouch Lilly!"
"It seems we have a great deal of work to do weakling, come at me!"

Every day we practice, practiced, and practiced and it got more intense. I grew stronger and more powerful. "Hera I know your still young but I want to teach you magic only few elves can do magic because we possess such a power and I know a great deal of it myself." She pulled out a book from her bag and handed it to me. I looked at the cover, the whole book was a lavender color and the symbol of a dragon was embedded into the leather bound book. I opened the book carefully, running the tips of my fingers across the worn pages. There were words written in a unfamiliar language I had never seen before.
"What is this?" I asked.
"A book of magic, now I've written many notes in there for you so this will now be your study  guide. Hera, look at me. Never ever lose that book or great consequences will come" I nodded quickly, she walked over to a tree and motioned for me to sit.

"There are rules to this magic, rules that you must follow and if you were to break one it could very well cost you your life, if you use a spell it could drain your energy but normally its only big spells. And you can never say a makeshift spell, if you do it could come out completely wrong and some spells are irreversible. You can never bring back the dead because then you'll have to take their place, teleportation uses up a great deal of energy depending on the distance. I'm pretty sure my book explains everything else that you need to know."

My eyes widened as if I was just realizing the danger of my situation.

"Lilly why are you telling me this?" I asked in a shaky voice

Because you'll have to be on your own and I'm only looking out for you. Magic is very helpful so learn it now, get up and grab your sword weakling"

I grabbed my wooden sword and got into a fighting position. "Touch the end of your sword and say Exousía" she said.
I did what she commanded and the edge of my sword illuminated a white glow.
"Whoa what happened?" I said amazed.
"Its the word for power, your sword has increased In Strength, and to be honest I'm surprised a weakling posses magic ability." she laughed jokingly 
"You'll pay for that Lilly!"
I ran at her with my sword and for the first time were evenly matched the sound of wood smashing together, while we were running, jumping, actually having fun.
We were laughing and having a wonderful time until we were covered in bruises and and about to pass out, happily and hungrily we ate dinner and went to bed.

Nine years have passed by in what seems like a second. Starting today I Hera, am 18 years old my sister Lilly is 28 and a new journey begins, to defeat the humans. Every last one of them.



© 2015 Andrea Miller


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on November 29, 2015
Last Updated on November 29, 2015


Author

Andrea Miller
Andrea Miller

Texarkana, AR



About
I am a young writer and im kind of new to writing but I love to write fantasy and horror and I'm always looking for feedback and tips. :) more..

Writing
"Disaster" "Disaster"

A Chapter by Andrea Miller