Ilvaria's ruination

Ilvaria's ruination

A Story by Rosebroken

She awoke to rustling in the darkness, the embers of her fire slowly dying off. Two figures emerged wearing dark hoods and brandishing cold steel. The pain in her chest from the previous nights battle left her weakened. She remembered the words from the beautiful stranger. She whistled just like he told her and lay her head back down. She felt the warm blood splash her face as soon as the beating of wings stopped. She felt him lift her head in his strong hands and cradled her against his chest, his heart faintly beating. She fell back into unconsciousness his words whispered in her ear left unheard "sleep princess, I'll see you safely through the night" his black wings wrapped around her.

She stood amid the battlefield, hundreds of thousands dead, the ground was soaked in blood. Valkyries flew overhead, searching for the souls of the dead but finding in vain. The figure in white walking towards her held them in check. She wrapped herself in the shadows and disappeared, reemerging before the creature. It stood over seven feet, its eyes milk white, it looked down at her and attempted to mimick a human grin, but it was all wrong. "You caused this? This unnecessary bloodshed. You compulsed them to slay each other!" Her hand tightened on her dagger, her knuckles white. The creature gave her a blank stare and lifted its arm towards her. She felt its power and drew upon her own, stepping forward she pierced its heart. The creatures arm fell and mouth opened. "Impossible" it stated as it died. The white of its eyes dripping down its face. She fell to her knees and looked to the sky as a black rift appeared, she could feel the power of a god probing, drawing her in. She awoke screaming in pain.

© 2016 Rosebroken


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on January 11, 2016
Last Updated on January 11, 2016

Author

Rosebroken
Rosebroken

Lewiston, ID



Writing
Within Within

A Poem by Rosebroken


Untitled Untitled

A Story by Rosebroken


The fool The fool

A Poem by Rosebroken