The Darkness

The Darkness

A Poem by Herzeleid
"

What of those who embrace it?

"

There is a darkness.

People feel it sometimes.

It is that cold shiver that runs down your spine. You shiver, but you don't know why. You try to tell yourself there is nothing to be afraid of.

But there is...there is.

Its the presence you feel when you are paranoid, all alone in the dark.

You search, but don't see anything. And all the while, silent eyes watch back.

You tell yourself there are no monsters who hide in the dark.

But I know the truth. There are things who walk amongst darkness. There are things who hide in the night.

Make no mistake, there is a darkness.

People fear the darkness; they don't speak of it. There are whispers, but they are quickly hushed. Bad things befall those who speak of it.

But what of those who embrace it?

What of those whose souls are consumed by the darkness and evil takes hold?

© 2009 Herzeleid


Author's Note

Herzeleid
Experimenting, I guess. Would really like some feedback on this one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love your description.It brings to mind all the half formed and fully formed terrors of childhood.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 20, 2009
Last Updated on February 20, 2009

Author

Herzeleid
Herzeleid

OH



About
Hi. I'm Heather. I am ninteen years old, and I live in Ohio. I am currently a student at Columbus State Community College, but as soon as I get my Associate of Arts, I am transferring to Ohio State Un.. more..

Writing
The Watcher The Watcher

A Story by Herzeleid


Atonement Atonement

A Poem by Herzeleid