Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Austin Blay

The Last Odyssey

By: Austin Blay


Prologue:


“Across the planes of space we will journey. Across the ocean of stars we will escape. Through the essence of time we will lose ourselves.” Korra would always say this to me. Sometimes successfully, she would fool me into believing that this was our purpose. As we prepared for what seemed like destiny, I always fell into apprehension. Though I often doubted her child-like approach to the odyssey on which we began, I knew it was right. 


The year is 2150. A year that could only be described as cheating our frail existence among the cosmos. A year in which could only be described as a blasphemous attempt to escape our design. The world understood. Maybe there was a chance that even “God” understood. An understanding between our maker that could either bless us in the slightest taste of perfection. Or in our pilgrimage we could fall into darkness. Pure and eternal darkness. For which I  was not afraid. But accepted with the bitterest of understanding and complacence. 


With the use of what seemed like forbidden technology, mankind has accomplished the unthinkable. Tapped into enlightenment itself. The universe has fallen into our laps. The unimaginable and unachievable is a realm in which we’ve been granted access to. Finally, everything that has worried our kind since the beginning of time has slipped away. My hands are empty and humble as I reach out into existence... As we reach out into existence.



© 2013 Austin Blay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
Added on March 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 19, 2013
Tags: SciFi, Science Fiction, Ship, Space, Universe, Journey


Author

Austin Blay
Austin Blay

OH



About
I'm an iconoclastic philosopher with a drive for unraveling absolute truths. Without an open mind we would condemn ourselves to the equivalence of normalcy. Take everything with a grain of salt.. more..

Writing