Questions for You

Questions for You

A Poem by Hivathi

Questions For You


- As my passion for you grows even stronger, who it it that steals your heart?

~I stare at you from across the room, watching you laugh at a friend's joke. Your smile makes my heart beat with love.~

- Why is it that I love you but you are unable to see it?

~I watch you from a distance, preparing myself for what is to come.~

- When I finally express it, will my love drive us apart?

~As the bell rings, I call out your name, ready for rejection. But my mind is set as I shake with fear.~

- Is it all for naught? Is my love that vain that we will never be one?

~As I express what lies in my heart, you listen with a calm face and I begin to feel regret.~

- Now that yo know my secret, can we still be one?

~You walk away without a word and my heart breaks. I know now what my heart has been seeking all these years. But then I hear you call my name. When I turn yo you, your smile warms me.~

- Was I wrong to wait all these years? Can we really be more than friends?

~As we leave the school, I feel your arms holding me as your lips meet mine. I then realize what I've always known: We were meant for each other~
_________________

 

 

 

© 2012 Hivathi


Author's Note

Hivathi
I wrote this poem to express my feelings for another...it is a poem of the fear one has when one expresses his/her love for another...and the happiness one may find with one's true love...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This has to be my favorite writing piece out of all the New Writers I've read!
This truly made my heart drop, because rejection does hurt. And you really put it into fine words! And thankfully made a happy ending out of it. (:

I love it, keep writing!

(:

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 30, 2008
Last Updated on February 9, 2012
Previous Versions