The girl who cant be bought.

The girl who cant be bought.

A Story by Pandamoon
"

Tatalia had a plan, be bought by her true love. But in a world where young boys a girls are sold to support their families or themselves nothing goes according to plan.

"

“Jack, Jack why weren’t you there,” I cried as they dragged me away. There was something wrong. I was going too bought on. I knew I would be, I didn’t know how, why just because Jack didn’t dress me it would make the difference but I knew.

“Tatalia, I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry.’ He yelled back throwing punches at the guards, but there were to many. They carried him off as the hauled me away closer to fate. I ripped my arms out of the iron grip know there would be bruises tomorrow. “I can take it from here. Surprisingly I knew the way.” I growled, but they showed no emotion. They never did. I wondered not for the first time if they could. Or were they enhanced to feel nothing. Could you feel anything and watch the girls and boys being sold and bought, their lives ruined ultimately forever change just so they could change.

I felt like screaming at them. To show me some sort of emotion. To demand some anger sadness, smoothing I could measure, to assure me there was some distorted humanity with in them but I stayed silent, quiet and unnoticed like I had tried to be my whole life.

The cold steal of the walls were harsher making my skin crawl, the white marble floors were slick beneath my feet, the air cold on my partially covered body. I had been put in a thing skimpy dress that showed all I had to offer off in one neat little package.

I hesitated for a brief moment going into the dark tunnel that would lead me to the view zone, girl sat huddled on the couch. Some tried to be strong while others broke down in tears, all held onto their cloths, touching them feeling them. The clothes we wore going into bidding were all we had. It covered what little pride and decency we had left. It was something to hide behind when we had nothing less.

I wondered if I would be like that. Whimpering and broken, spending the rest of my life with a man I didn’t know, who bought women like horses. I knew jacks words were meaningless. When I was bought I would disappear, they never showed the real person who buys us. He would never find me even if I was illegally traded.

The thought that that was the last time I ever would see him again weight heavily in my gut. I was now truly alone. I thought this all as I walked into the tunnel, the guards falling behind. Of course they would, where I would run? I saw the harsh blinding light ahead and decided to take smaller steps, why hurry to disaster. I stopped right before the exit my hair blowing in my face. They had wanted to cut it, to dye it, to make it look like the norm, the girls who walked the cat walk of which we decided beauty was. They were all the same, and they wanted me to be like them, and I had said no.

Did I regret it now, now that I was to be bought? They would see the wild curly flaming red hair and see different, they would see ugly. Would I go to a pennier, a man who scraped and saved for the biddings? I felt tears rush to my eyes and I saw the girls huddled and crying cling to their meager moments and possessions. I heard the crow roar, they were getting rowdy, and soon they would come in and put a gun in my back and would either move or die.

I took out the gold chain I had stashed away and put it around my neck. I looked at my dress and ripped the thin fabric off my body. I wouldn’t hold onto such a pitiful thing. I took my first step into the light instantly blinded. But I still walked till I was on the dirt, the artificial wind blowing my hair across my bare back raising goose bumps along my skin.

The crowd went into silent shock at my naked appearance; I took slow and deliberate steps till I made it to the middle. I stopped and stood, as still as any statue, like ice had frozen my body, like I would never move.

I was in an arena, the bottom of a bowl of which whose sides were filled with men and a few women behind tinted glass so that all I saw when I looked at them was my won reflection staring back at me.

But yet I stared, I only turned my head slowly showing as if I could see them all. I dared them to bid on my, to lace a price on my life.

“The bidding will commence,” the overhead voice blared harshly and it took all I had not to flinch or appeared affected. I had 10 minutos to collect as much money as possible. The time passed slowly, every second dragged out to a minute, yet my heart stayed light and steady in my chest. When she announced that five minutos remained I felt as if I might collapse, but also hope, maybe there was a chance. A chance that no one would bid. That for another year I could postpone this horrible occurrence, that by that time, Jack could buy me, we could be together.

“2 minutos remain,” the overhead voice stated. I was so close, I had greater hope now, I could make it. “$50,000, Is the first bid placed.” The voice echoed hollowly and soullessly. I heard it echoed in my head. I was bought, sold, my life priced. I felt numb, I wondered if I might fall, but I didn’t care. I heard the announcer say something but I didn’t listen, I didn’t café how many minutos remained. The time went quicker and the announcer spoke more and more as she announced the dwindling seconds.

I could feel the bidding coming to a close, I had only second remaining. I swiftly turned my hair sweeping along my falling almost to my hips in a twisted mess. The final second was announced and the price went once then twice and then I was sold. But I didn’t hear any of it. I focused all my attention on each step. On anything but the pain that was beginning to bloom In my chest from the numbness. The lights went out and I felt my body fall, fall on to the dirt.

I was their final act, their last girl. I screamed as I lay there on the dirt. I cursed the world, my life, and the gods that use to rule the skies. I cursed Jack and myself. The guards came and I fought, I fought to stay, to never move again but they were stronger.

© 2012 Pandamoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on January 19, 2012
Last Updated on January 19, 2012

Author

Pandamoon
Pandamoon

Writing
On the beach On the beach

A Story by Pandamoon


Rin Rin

A Story by Pandamoon


Free falling Free falling

A Story by Pandamoon