Desert

Desert

A Poem by HorrorMaster
"

This poem is about a lonely scared man in a hot desert.

"






 I stand alone in a deep sand.

The sun burning my skin.

It feels like I am in middle of nowhere.

I begin walking as fast as I can,

The sun burning my eyes.

I am surprised they cannot find me.

Ah god, my skin is peeling off from the heat,

It’s beating me to death.

I must get out of here.

I called out, "Help! Help!"

No one heard me.

Sand dust covered my legs.

My throat started to get dry,

I need water, so I can survive.

Now snakes jumped out of the sand.

They came near me,

as they started biting my legs.

I started to use my legs to push them out of the way.

I tried my best to run away from them.

   It feels like I am living in a hot coffin filled with sand.

The fear of my life will never be the same.

My day in this desert will never be forgotten.


                  

© 2011 HorrorMaster


Author's Note

HorrorMaster

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The story of the desert is amazing. Thank you to the U.S Army. I spend years in the desert. Your story is true. The heat and the snakes/spiders are the enemies. Many a days we changed our path for the snakes have the right of way in the desert. A very good story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Great poem! I guess more than trying to escape or survive the dessert situation, is more the chatracter's trying to survive his own desperatin and fear. I don't know. Anyway, it is a great poem, fast paced, short sentences that take the reader step by step into actions and thoughts =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thanks for the review on my poem. Yours is good as well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The image is quite contradictonary to the poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


I thought this was interesting. I would love to try to survive in the desert one day. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice job describing the desparation of being in a situation like that. It would have to be terrifying. No shelter, no water, no relief from bugs or snakes. Good work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


very well written love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have, only, tiptoed around the edge of the desert in Arizona, but I know that it could not be pleasant beyond where I was. An endless sea of sand, void of life. Great poem and great writing, but I hope that you were never stranded out there!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great image of a hot deathly desert in your poem. I like everything in your poem except the snake image, it just doesn't fit my experience with real snakes. I have rattlesnakes and king snakes in my garden, and we live in harmony together. I can't imagine real snakes biting you in the desert as you described, snakes only bite if they feel threatened or cornered, snakes prefer to hide from us humans. If I imagine the snakes representing a symbol of the hot desert biting you as you hallucinate from dehyration, I can relate to the image but wish that you had used some imaginary creature, or the word serpent, since real snakes don't do this and I feel like I must defend the snake. Snakes as well as other unloved desert creatures such as scorpions and spiders and welcome creatures in a garden and in nature, they eat all the mice and insect pests and keep everthing in balance.
Don't get me wrong, I really love your poem. I feel the heat of the desert and know that anyone not used to the desert can easily die out there. You communicate that fact very clearly. Thank you for sharing this poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well done imagery in this. Cool poem. Extreme heat is very unpleasant, makes me think of hot summer days.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked how you were so detailed in your poem...Now the only desert i've experience I have was when we drove thru it and had to turn the Car's Ac off for a few mins lol. But this makes me feel like i'm their...and its to hot for me! XD jk but i'm more of a cold kinda guy...only one thing don't switch your tenses in the middle of stories or poem...Good work Dude!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1980 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 26, 2010
Last Updated on July 20, 2011
Tags: Fear, poem, survival, sand, heat

Author

HorrorMaster
HorrorMaster

Tamarac, FL



About
Hello i'm Ira and i'm pretty much a horror writer. I have bad grammar and spelling or typos errors, but I tried my best, so please enjoy them. Also I don't like harsh grammar nazi saying (oh yo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


B**b grinder B**b grinder

A Chapter by HorrorMaster


Chainballs Chainballs

A Chapter by HorrorMaster