Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Kia-chan!
"

This is sort of a flash back chapter. It's still the wedding, but this chapter shows how things were right after Light's mo died :(

"

      It was the morning of the day that Mandy and my Dad would get married. My father was nervous, and Mandy so happy, she smiled almost all morning. John, and I were happy too, just not exactly thrilled. We sat quietly in the chirch, while Mandy was still buisy getting ready with her brides maides. My father made sure to stay far away from Mandy, because it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding. So there we were, me and John. No one had showed up yet, except for the bridesmaides, and the groomsmen, and the best man (Which was my uncle).

John sat there, silently. He didn't say a word. We were dressed in our finest. I wore a skirt (because my Dad made me wear it), and a white blouse. John wore a suit.

The chirch was all adorned with fancy decorations. To tell you the truth, Mandy was kind of a bridezilla. If there was even the slightest problem with her wedding, she would snap, and start yelling. But other than that, she was fine. She had invited nearly 50 people, and my dad had only invited 25. And most of the people Mandy invited, were either her friends, or just the people she worked with. The only people Dad invited were family members. I invited Shelby, but she couldn't come because it was her mom's birthday. So John and I sat there, until people started showing up.

 

     *                     *                  *

 

 Ring, Ring, Ring! The phone rang, and Daddy answered it. I was sitting at the table, eating my breakfast. Daddy was tired. I could tell. Mommy still wasn't home from work, even though she said she'd be back when I woke up. I missed Mommy. She was always working. So was Daddy. I had to stay at daycare because of that. I hated daycare.

It was so boring. Anyways, Daddy answered the phone. "Hello?", he said.

After a few seconds, he said, "Hello?", again. Then, he was silent. After about a minute, he hung up. "Daddy? What is it? What's wrong? Why isn't Mommy home yet?", I asked him. But Daddy stayed silent. He just stood there. He wouldn't talk. That scared me. "Daddy?", I said again. Then, he walked into the other room, and slammed the door shut behind him.

 

                                      *                        *                    *

 

"I do", Mandy said, after the minister asked her if she would take dad to be her lawfully wedded husband. The minister asked dad if he would take Mindy to be his lawfully wedded wife. "I do", he said. "You may kiss the bride", the minister finished. So dad kissed Mindy, and the two of them were married.

 

                                    *                          *                     *

 

 "Oh that poor girl...Do you think Roger will be able to take care of a child all by himself?"  "Oh...I feel terrible for them both"  "That poor thing...she'll have to grow up without a mother". People at the funeral kept on talking about me and Daddy. I felt bad for Daddy. He wouldn't even talk to me. He would just be quiet, and have an angry look on his face. I missed Mommy. I did'nt want Mommy to die. I loved her. Mommy had a huge light in her heart, too. Not just me. After all the mourners were gone, me and Daddy stood by Mommy's grave. Her tume stone had a picture of her on it. She looked really pretty. After a while, Daddy and I left. He didn't say anything on the ride home.

 

                                  *                         *                      *

 

"Isn't this a great party?", Mandy said to me, at the wedding reception. "Yeah", I said. People were dancing, and drinking, and talking, and eating. Dad danced with Mandy, who's wedding dress made her trip most of the time. I was sitting next to John the whole time. "You wanna dance?", he asked me. I looked at him as if he were crazy. "What? Why?", I asked. He smiled. "Because it's boring, just sitting here", he said. So we got up, and got on the dance floor. He held one of my hands, and had his other arm around my waist. That felt wierd. It was a slow dance, so he was clinging to me the entire time. It was really strange. For some reason, I liked it.

 

                                *                         *                        *

 

"Daddy?", I said, as Daddy got up, and put his shoes on. "I'll be right back", he said. He opened the door, and left. It was only a few days after Mommy'd funeral. That was the first time Daddy had spoken since. I sat there, for about a half an hour, waiting for Daddy to come back. After a while, I got scared. I started to think that Daddy would never come back. It was really scary.

 

                               *                           *                        *

 

 "That was fun!", John said cheerfully, as we sat back down at a table. we had danced together through almost 5 whole songs! I was worn out.

By then, everyone else was done dancing, too. Some of the adults were drunk.

"Did you have fun?", he asked me. "Yeah...I had fun", I said. "Want me to go get us some punch from the punch bowl?", he asked. "Sure", I said. So after he went and got tha, we sat together for the rest of the reception, drinking punch.

 



© 2010 Kia-chan!


Author's Note

Kia-chan!
End of chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on September 8, 2010
Last Updated on September 8, 2010


Author

Kia-chan!
Kia-chan!

Andover, MN



About
My name is Kiah. I am a teenager. I love writing, music, drawing, the internet, chinese food, tigers, kitty-cats, Fruits basket (By: Natsuki Takaya), manga, Anime, and Japan. I live with my mom, my da.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kia-chan!


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Kia-chan!


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kia-chan!