Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by HuckFinnleyyy

Chapter 1


“Does anyone know the answer to this question?”asked Mr.Hills, the math teacher. Blaine's hand shot up into the air,”Anyone except Blaine? No? Then I’ll have to pick someone at random. Ah, how about…Sissy?”. Everyone looked over at Sissy as a loud snore came from her. “Miss.Sissy! Are you sleeping in my class?” Mr.Hills said through gritted teeth. Sissy woke up then because he practically yelled, “Huh? What did I do?” She asked sleepily,”Miss.Sissy. A word. In the hall, right now.”He said. Frustrated that he’d found a student sleeping in his class. The second Mr.Hills and Sissy left the classroom, all hell broke loose. “Blaine is a nerd!” Someone across the room had shouted. Suddenly Alice felt a jab in her side, “Ow! Robin, what was that for?!”Alice said to her best friend. “10…9…8…” Robin started,”What are you doing now?” Alice asked, tilting her head to the side, “3…2..1!” Robin shouted, “That was…uneffective.”Alice laughed. The bell rang just seconds later, “Oh come on! I was so close!” Robin shouted. Alice hugged her best friend, “Maybe next time..” Alice said, “Aww. Hopefully.” Robin responded. Later they waved goodbye as they parted ways as they were walking home. Alice had one thing she just simply had to do the minute she got home; get her report card from the mailbox. When she finally reached her front yard she heard her father yell out, “Alice! Would you come here for a sec? I need *hic* your help!”. She knew immediately not to find him, he was drunk again. He wasn’t himself when he was drunk, he would do something he would later regret. “Not now dad!”she exclaimed, “Alice May Oaks! C’mere right now!” Alice seemed upset now, “I don’t go by her last name I go by my moms’ last name..” “Go to bed right now young lady and I’ll meet you *hic* there.”Her father slurred, he was yelling incoherently as she ran upstairs, forgetting to check the mail.

********

“Alice May Love! Get down here immediately!” Yelled her step mom from downstairs. Alice walked slowly down the stairs as she remembered her report card one minute too late. “Y-yes ma’am?” Alice said as soon as she reached the table. Her step mom slammed her hand on the table making Alice jump,”Look at this! Look at these grades! Why are they so bad, Alice?! Huh?!” She yelled, “W-well it’s because I-” Alice started, “Don’t talk back to me! I don’t wanna hear it! You hear me?! Go to your room and don’t come out til I say you can! No games, no books, no ‘chats’, and no friends over! Do you understand me?! ”She stated, “Y-yes ma’am..” “Good. Now go!” Alice trudged upstairs trying not to cry until she made it to her room. “God I hate her! I hate her, I hate her, I hate her, I hate her!” Alice yelled as soon as she shut her door. Alice locked her door and walked over to her bed, “Where is it..” She mumbled as she fumbled around under her pillow, “Ah! There it is!” Alice hid the object in her pocket for now and walked over to the mirror, “Okay. Now then. I guess I have to call them since they're not here yet.” Alice said with an eye roll as she pulled the burner phone out of her pocket and dialed a number. A few minutes after hanging up from the call, and packing a suitcase, there was a sharp tap on her window, she looked out and saw her two friends on the ground throwing more rocks at the window, “Guys! Stop throwing things at my window!” she whisper shouted out the window, “Sorry! Get down here girl! We need to get going before your parents find out!” Kristen yelled from below with Robin nodding aggressively beside her, “Fine! Catch!” She shouted back, tossing her suitcase out the window before climbing out onto the roof. She watched as Robin caught her suitcase looking shocked, she smiled and signaled to Kristen to be ready to catch her next, “Look out below! ‘Cause here I come! Kristen, catch me!” She landed with an ‘oof’ in Kristens arms, “Well look like the roles just switched, did they not Darling?” Kristen whispered into Alice's ear in a flirty kind of way. Alice turned a bright shade of red and fell out of her arms, “N-not funny Kris!”She fumed, Robin doubled over with laughter, “Aww! C’mon Ali! You should see how red you are!” Alice pulled her shirt up over her face hiding her face before taking off down the street screaming with her friends trailing behind her.

********

“Where are we even going, Ali?” Robin asked when she’d caught up, “I honestly don’t know and don’t care. As long as I’m out of that house I could care less.” Alice said as she slowed down in front of a grocery store, “You guys want some ice-cream?” She sprinted towards the store with her friend still in close pursuit. Wait. Where’s Kristen? Wasn’t she right behind Robin and I? Alice just shrugged the thought off and ran into the store with Robin, I just hope she’s okay. “Oh! How about This one?” Robin said while pulling a box of multi-flavored popsicles, “Yeah those are fine.” Alice said, not really focused, “Hey Robbie? Do you know where Kristen is?” “Yeah! She went to the home goods aisle!” Robin said in response while still loading up the cart with food and drinks, “Oh. Okay then, I’ll be right back okay? Stay here!” Alice said while running to the home goods aisle. Once she made it she started to look for Kristen in the aisle. Alice heard Kristens voice, she was talking to someone on the phone it seemed, so Alice got close enough to hear but not be seen, “...Yeah I’m with her…Mhm…Will do boss… No! I won’t do that, even for that amount of money!...Then I quit!” Alice heard Kristen hang up the phone so she came out of hiding, “What was that about Krissy?” “About you Alice. My ex-boss wanted me to kill you but…I can’t do that.” Alice walked over to where Kristen was standing and hugged her. While Alice was hugging she felt like something bad was about to happen so she pulled away from Kristen, grabbed her hand and started running, “Ali! Wha- Why are we running?” “We have to get Robbie and get out of here! Quickly!” A knife flew past the pair and clanged to the ground. By the time they made it to Robin they were all ready to get out of there as fast as they possibly could.


********

Once they had made it outside, the group was starting to recollect after they made it far enough away from the mayhem of the store, “What the hell just happened you guys?!” Robin managed to gasp out, “ I-I have no idea Robbie…” Kristen said, eyes still wide with fear as she picked up Alice's suitcase, “Leave it.” Alice said quietly, “What did you just say?” Kristen  said angrily, “I. Said. Leave. It.” “No. Alice, it’s not for you to decide anymore.” Alice stormed over to Kristen and snatched back her suitcase, “Kristen, Kristen, Kristen.” She ‘tsk’d slowly backing away with her suitcase, “I decide what we do at his point because, you lied.” Alice said simply, “Wh-what?! I never lied!” Alice smiled maniacally, “Oh, but you did. You’ve lied three times now! First to me, second to Robbie and third to me!” Alice laughed hysterically, “What did I lie about then huh Alice?! If you’re so smart?!” Kristen screeched at Alice, “First, You said you didn’t tale the job, it was obvious you were lying otherwise you’d have said something about the person who was standing right there with a knife back in the store, Second, you told Robbie you didn’t know what had happened back at the store when you did, and lastly, this one was a minor lie and doesn't matter too much but it still counts here, you said you didn’t lie and here I am proving you wrong right now.” Alice said angrily,



© 2023 HuckFinnleyyy


Author's Note

HuckFinnleyyy
Please ignore the grammar issues when you get to the text page. It's meant to be like that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on January 12, 2023
Last Updated on March 12, 2023


Author

HuckFinnleyyy
HuckFinnleyyy

Lawrenceville, IL, United Kingdom



About
If you know me irl. Cool ig. more..

Writing