Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Fall

The Fall

A Story by Neo-Water Basilisk
"

Someone is falling!!!! Have fun with the melodramatic seriousness.

"
The blood of millions stains my hands. I cannot go on with this great burden of responsibility upon my shoulders. Today is the day I end my torment.

  I gaze over the edge of the precipice upon which I stand. Down below, I see nothing but darkness, for I am at the mouth of a gaping monstrosity, caused by none other than myself; it was I who ordered the launch of a salvo of intercontinental ballistic missiles armed with nuclear warheads that shattered the world  and brought forth nuclear winter. The fissure at my feet is fathomless - there will be a long time for me to contemplate before I perish.

  I throw myself over and plunge into the abyss that awaits me. I quickly reach terminal velocity.

  I close my eyes and the millions of faces of those I have murdered flash in my mind. No tears come to my eyes, but they would have made my fall more bearable. My guilt, even now, gnaws at my heart as if seeking to devour it before it is smashed to a pulp by the incoming bottom. Its appetite is as endless as my descent and it is as fierce as the umbra around me is dark. Shadows wreathe me like flames, setting fire to my regret. My spirit is immolated and soon my body shall be pulverized by the Earth I have destroyed. There is no salvation for me, no light at the end of the tunnel, just as there is no light in the maw of the world.

  Time passes and yet still I live. When shall this end? The faces of the still living now look down upon me, condemning me, just as I have condemned myself to death. Former friends turn their backs to me, while my enemies spit on my grave. I laugh; my imagination is ripping me to shreds. At the very least, when my punishment is complete, I will be dead. But until then, I must endure the unending agony; my very soul is wracked with pain. I writhe in utmost anguish - no other human suffering can match that which now attempts to obliterate me.

  Decadent I am, for desperate was my act. There were likely other options, yet I did not recognize them in time. Now, I am forced to face the consequences. Never would I have foreseen my fate - truly, I am short-sighted. Had I known this would occur, would I have still given the order? Would I be falling to my demise this very moment? Or would things have been different? Questions, questions, all of which are now meaningless to me.

  There is but one fate that now awaits me: dea

© 2011 Neo-Water Basilisk


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on July 7, 2011
Last Updated on July 7, 2011

Author

Neo-Water Basilisk
Neo-Water Basilisk

Fringelands, Province of the Deceased, Canada



About
Who am I, or who are we? We have seen a blasted wastes of the arid abyss. We have felt the frozen winds of the desolate tundra. We have breathed the intoxicating aroma of madness. What you call .. more..

Writing