The Shadows 1

The Shadows 1

A Poem by xXxCynicalWarsxXx

Friends say to me that it is over, the war is over, the one inside of me.

I laugh.  "How cruel!" I say, "You lie to me, when the war is never over!"

It will never end, never, because Mother says it's all in my head.

Loud Mouth says that I can control it.  But do they know about The Shadows?

The black figures with whild eyes staring at me at night?

Do they know that I may have let a Demon in to my life?

Do they know that I have no one to call on, to relinquish this burden to?

The Shadows follow me to school, and slip into a world unknown.

I hear their breathing, feel it on my neck.  I hear their cold commands, feel it inside me.

I listen, but I do not obey.  I am fighting.  They are fighting too.  I want to give in...

But I must not, cannot, will not!  I want to, oh, how I do!

I want to find what they search for inside of me, what they want may be what I want.

The world continues on, and Mother still thinks it's all in my head.

Loud Mouth says I should be on Medication again.

I say I can handle it.  I will handle it.  I have to or else...

The Shadows will have my body, my soul too.

© 2011 xXxCynicalWarsxXx


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You create a high sense of tension in your words, that pulse within and out of anxiety. I like the grim determination that flows from this piece. Mastery of the self or lose all is what I get from it.
One note... Line 5... Should be "wild" ;)

Aaron

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very revealing. Enough light from every angle and even the darkest shadows disappear. I'm rooting for you in the fight! Well done; I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow What a great poem...When was this written?


Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 3, 2011
Last Updated on November 3, 2011

Author

xXxCynicalWarsxXx
xXxCynicalWarsxXx

About
I am only the girl you see. My mind is caves and roads of red. My heart is generous and yes, Who am I without scars? I have my secrets. I have my songs I play and sing. Mostly, I have just my in.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..