Lollie's Ballad

Lollie's Ballad

A Poem by IAmGhost120
"

An "ode", of sorts, to those who have been bullied.

"

Lollie was a strange girl,

Quiet and reserved,

Clinging to life in a world

Which had never much loved her.

Her family shunned,

Her peers forgot

Her simple, lilting name.

By all was she hated,

By all was she shamed.

 

Tanks of greasy gasoline,

A paper box of flames.

Light one with a swift, smooth strike

Lie back,

Watch Hell burn.

 

Lollie was a strange girl

Who climbed up very high.

She turned herself into a bird

And fell from a perch in the sky.

© 2012 IAmGhost120


Author's Note

IAmGhost120
Just in case you can't get the gist of the poem/it's obscure, it's about a girl named Lollie. She is constantly bullied by those around her. One day, she decides she's had enough. She sets her school on fire and, unable to cope with what she's done, climbs to the apex of a tower and jumps, plummeting to her death. And no, this is not based on anyone real. However, I'm sure that there are people out there who have gone through similar situations.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This piece has a very fluent flow. Lines I thought were particularly excellent were, "By all she was hated, By all she was shamed". That caught my eye before I began reading from the top. The more I read, the more momentum the poem gained. The last two lines were a brilliant way to end the poem. I liked how you compared Lollie to a bird, because it made the visual that much better. Overall, the topic was perfect because so many people can relate to it, and it's a growing issue.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is dark and beautiful, I adore it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sky
How often can the input of others poison our minds against the love of ourselves. A great depiction of one who has been driven to the edge by the point of view of others. How awful to forget that we are all deserving of love and when pushed to the edge from the shame of being simply who we are.
Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very deep - well written - great flow - wonderful read!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very powerful message. Your words and imagery were very deep. You should definitely make this mainstream. Awesome job

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sad. Nice imagery, intriguing and abstract. Thank you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked this. When reviewing poems I really look for the first few lines to pull me in, otherwise I tend to move on. Yours had me from the start. I was intrigued. I love abstract poetry - it let's me fly when I write in that way. Nice.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a great poem. I like the story to it. You did a very good job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoyed the limerick stylings of this and of course the storyline.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very poignant. I can relate! Great Job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

944 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on November 2, 2011
Last Updated on August 28, 2012

Author

IAmGhost120
IAmGhost120

About
So. You wanna know stuff about me, huh. Well, I'm a human, and I'm alive. I live on Planet Earth, which is in the Milky Way, and I live on a large landmass surrounded by ocean. I have a nose, two .. more..

Writing
Clay Clay

A Story by IAmGhost120



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..