Revelation 1 (concept)

Revelation 1 (concept)

A Chapter by Infernal Dimension Comics
"

Here is what we refer to as our "dummy script". What some would consider "non-cannon", we consider more of a "what if" or "parallel possibility"

"

[Alpha, Psi- 150AE]
A vast desert expands to the horizon in every direction. A shackled man lurches through the sand. His mouth as dry as the air. His vision blurs as he starts to lose consciousness. He stumbles and falls into the hot sands, too weak from thirst and hunger to do anything but accept his inevitable death. As he fades, the sun is suddenly eclipsed in front of him. He blacks out. The eclipse is caused by a group of small children. The kids grab the man by his shackles and drag him through the desert for miles. They arrive at a small crude village. With the unconscious man behind them, they frantically cry for help. The blacksmith approaches the group, "What's all the noise about?"  He says flatly, gently nudging the stranger with his foot. The man from the desert opens his eyes and mutters something weakly, but is quickly surrounded by the women of the village. One of them hands him a bladder full of water, and he eagerly obliges. Chugging the cool water messily the bladder is soon empty with a few large gulps. "Thank you...thank you." He mumbles as he loses consciousness again.

[Location Unknown: 55AE]
A homeless man sitting in an alleyway is approached by two men in suits. "Come with us," One beckons, "we can help you.". The homeless man is skeptical, "I dunno man, you guys look like the government, and I don't like the government." He grumbles at the two men as he takes a swig of his booze. The younger of the two men leans down towards the homeless man, slaps the bottle from his hand and whispers, "Good thing we aren't asking you." The homeless man is enraged and tries to resist, but is swiftly quelled by the older man in the suit. "No need to struggle sir, you cannot win." He whispers as the man is subdued with a syringe filled with a sedative, and dragged into a black vehicle.

[Narrative] Many years ago, Earth thrived. Trees grew to the sky, our oceans and rivers flowed freely. That would all change on the day of the impact. The day the Earth went dark. Life was typical for most, working, playing, enjoying a relatively carefree life. Humans would however learn of their detrimental behavior.  Millenias of pollution, overpopulation and war ravaged the planet, rendering it uninhabitable. They sent hundreds of unmanned shuttles out into the galaxy, searching for a planet able to sustain life. Many years passed and when the time came for the sky to fall, and the planet to die. Earth was nearly abandoned. Humans settled on a planet in a far away star cluster on a planet they dubbed "Earth Zeta". Waves of humans arrived years apart, giving them no choice but to settle where they landed. Eventually the pilgrims jump started their new home planet, creating cities, governments, and even cohabitated with the native sentients. This is their story this far...

[Liberty Desert, Liberty Alpha 150 AE]
The shackled man awakens, surrounded by women of the village. Confused and afraid he jumps to his feet frantically. A large man looks over his shoulder and takes notice, "Don't be alarmed, you're safe here." He steps forward guiding the women from the hut, "My name is...well I don't remember anymore. Just call me Goliath." The shackled man ambles over to Goliath slowly and extends a hand to shake, "I'm Shadow, atleast that's what my shackles say. Where am I?" He asks. "You are in the Dead Zone. The barren wasteland between Victory and Liberty." Goliath offers his guest a bite of bread, "The kids found you in the desert a few miles south of here." His new friend eats and asks at the same time, "How did I end up in the desert?" He asks through a mouthful of bread. "My guess is you probably escaped. Like I did years ago." Goliath chuckles as he swings his massive hammer down, shattering the mans chains, "not many people can make it out, you must be pretty strong." The man in shackles scratches his head, "Escaped from where?" Goliath turns away, "From the Evolved Man project," he says solemnly, "an organization has been capturing people to experiment on using native dna. You, and I escaped from their little science project." Shadow tries to grasp it all,"Ex..Experimented on? How?" As his confusion grows his anger builds. He hardly notices his shackles start to glow and rattle, "What the--" he starts. "They're neutralizing shackles, just like mine." He lifts his tunic to reveal 3 large shackles across his chest, "to keep us relatively harmless and controlled." Shadow's mind reels, "Neutralizing what?" He asks. Goliath chuckles a big hearty chuckle as before, " Come outside and I'll show you." He says through a massive grin. They step outside of the hut and Goliath stands a few feet away from Shadow. "Watch this." He starts to concentrate, grunting from the strain, "Wanna see what they did to me?" Bright sigils illuminate his shackles the harder he concentrates, "These shackles may neutralize you, but to me they're only a nuisance!" There's a loud clang of metal and a brief mist of blood, "Behold, my curse!" As he finishes his sentence four razor sharp swords protrude from his back. He turns to see the astonished look on Shadow's face, "This is what the evolved man does, turns normal god fearing people into freaks, and monsters." He says flatly as the swords recede back into his flesh. Shadow stares in astonishment. "Now, lets get a few things straight, if you want to stay in this village you must earn your keep." The giant starts, "Everyone here, even the children, has a job to do. Some are minuscule, others are very important."  Shadow composes himself, "What can I do to help?" Goliath ponders aloud. "Well, we're are a couple hunters short since a few haven't returned from the last hunt." Goliath's face shifts to concern, "Although you are still relatively pitiful at this time. I suggest you introduce yourself to the village, see who needs help."
Shadow taps his fingers with anxiety, "I'll head out at dawn."
 Morning comes and the sun rising over the horizon beams heavily.
Shadow explores the village going from kiosk to kiosk in search of work. "Excuse me sir," he starts as he approaches a butcher, "might you have room for me as your assistant?" He asks politely. The butcher looks up from the carcass he's carving, and dismisses Shadow with a low grunt. This continues throughout the day, villagers refusing his advances and queries. Shadow comes across a young woman and an older man struggling to move some pottery, "Pardon me ma'am, would you like some help?" He asks. As he reaches to assist them, the young woman bumps into a large clay pot. Shadow lurches quickly and catches the pot before it can crash to the hard ground. "Thank you, young man. That vase is worth alot of din, although no one in this wretched settlement agrees." Shadow chuckles as the old man wipes his hands on his apron and extends one for a shake. "No problem sir. I was actually wondering if you needed a young set of arms and a strong back to help with all this pottery." The old man adjusts his glasses and looks over Shadow, "I see you're no stranger to the laser. You sure look like a delinquent." he jokes, pointing at his tattoos, "Although you seem to be in fair shape. Hmm..." the old man strokes his scruffy beard, "Yes, I think you could be very useful to us. My name is Elias, and this lovely young woman is my grand daughter, Violet." Shadow approaches the young woman ready to assist in any way. Something inside of him aches to be accepted, "Hello, my name is... I guess you can call me Shadow." He says jokingly raising his arm to reveal a shackle with the word "Shadow" etched into it. The young woman gasps in fear and runs to the old mans side, "Grandfather! What have you done!" She points at his shackles in horror, "He's some kind of criminal! Probably a rapist, or murderer!" She quakes behind the old man, who seems completely unfazed. "My dear Violet, relax. I'm sure this young man has a perfectly reasonable explanation, besides I raised you better than this. Jumping to such a terrible conclusion." He says with a smile, fiddling with his glasses. "Actually I don't," Shadow starts, "All I remember before the dessert was..."

[Liberty, Alpha]

A delivery man leaves a business plaza, waving at patrons and employees. He hops on his cyklon-cykle and heads off into traffic. He approaches an intersection close to an apartment building, and turns down an alleyway. He parks his bike, and heads up a flight of stairs where his girlfriend is waiting for him. "Sorry I'm late babe. Things got kinda slammed at the office." He says sarcastically with a chuckle. He turns to give her a kiss, and as he leans in a bullet pierces her forehead. He screams as he wipes blood from his eyes, crouching next to her body. "Stacy! Oh god Stace, what the!? What the f**k happened?!" He stands up and is faced by two men in suits. "Come with us, now."
The older gentleman says sternly.
"Wha- You guys did this?!? I told you pricks to screw off WEEKS ago!!" He yells, striking the older man in the face. He raises his hand to strike again but the younger man delivers a swift kick to his abdomen. "We told you before. Easy way, hard way. You chose the hard way. Such a shame, you could have save poor Steph was it? No no, Shelly? No, it was Stacy." He says with a hissing chuckle, nudging her dead body with his black leather shoe. The older man steps up, "That's enough Gabriel. Grab him and lets go now, before Patrol shows up." The delivery man tries to scramble to his feet but is swiftly subdued with a sharp syringe containing a powerful sedative.

[Village Outpost, Liberty Desert 155AE]
"That's about all I remember." Shadow's face darkens, as the painful memory recedes. The young woman relaxes behind her grandfather, "I-I'm so sorry, well why are you shackled then?" She asks quietly. "According to Goliath, I was captured to be experimented on. My shackles are meant to neutralize me" Shadow laments, "I just wish I could remember more." The young woman giggles, " Oh! Mister G! He's such a big softie!" She steps from behind her grandfather, "Ok, back to work we go! Delivery time!"
~~
Goliath stands in front of his kiln, crafting spears for the hunters. He's approached by a strange looking man. The man stands a few inches taller than Goliath but is much thinner, and is covered in tribal tattoos and piercings. "Well, well. If it isn't the big dumb blacksmith." He chuckles, "Hey dummy! I'm talking to you!" Goliath doesn't budge. The man moves to strike, "I said I'm taking to yo-uuf!" He's stopped in his tracks by a clay pot smashing over his head.
"HEY!" Shouts the young woman from the pottery kiosk, "YOU LEAVE MR.G ALONE!!". The tall man turns around, glaring at Shadow and the young woman. He grabs her by the throat, lifting her a few feet off the ground. "Mr.G...he-help me..." She mutters, her eyes fluttering. Goliath turns, completely oblivious to the situation unfolding behind him. "Let her go, Graven." He says flatly. The tall man laughs hysterically, wiping a little blood from his head with his free hand, "This b***h assaulted me, she NEEDS to be taught a lesson!!" He lifts her higher. Shadow jumps into action, but Goliath steps in front of him, "Relax, I've got this. Graven, put her down she thought you were attacking me. Everyone relax.". The man slowly lowers the girl to her feet, "Terribly sorry...girl. Please don't hold this particular moment against me." He sarcastically chimes. Goliath steps in front of him, "That's enough. Just take your spear and leave."
Graven smirks deviously, "Fine old friend, see you at the Migration." He adds as he slips out the front of the hut. The woman grasps her throat as Shadow helps her sit down, "Why did you stop me! I had it!" He yells. Goliath chuckles, "He would have crushed you. I saved you from imminent and excruciating death." Shadow stares in bewilderment, "What do you mean? How do you know that creep!?". Goliath stands tall, chest swelling, "You have known me for three days, you have no right questioning my associations. Got it?" His shackles rattle softly as he pokes Shadow in the chest, looming over him. "Well when someone attacks an innocent woman I have the right to question what I please!" Shadow's sigils glow lightly as he pokes back. The young woman steps in between the two men, "Hey! Mr.G, Shadow was only trying to help me!" She shouts pounding on his chest. Even though she is a third of his size, Goliath is a little intimidated. He raises his hands in defeat, softly chuckling to himself, "You got it Ms. Violet. My apologies, Shadow. Thank you for sticking up for Violet." Shadow steps back and rubs his head, "Yea, I'm sorry as well, I shouldn't have questioned you." Goliath sits at his bench and resumes working. "So." Shadow starts, "What's this ' Great Migration' he was talking about?" He leans up against a wall near where Goliath is working, peering over his shoulder to inspect his project. Goliath puts down the spear handle and looks up, "It's a massive migration. Right before spring all the large herbivores migrate from the east to their breeding grounds in the west. It's an opportunity for all the desert settlements to provide their villagers with meat for the year." Shadow's eyes light up with excitement, "Oh I am SO in!" He jumps to his feet and lifts Voilet into the air, "I'm gonna be a hunter!" He shouts as he spins her in a circle. "Hold on," Goliath cuts him off, " No. You are not ready for this hunt. You have no experience, and no reputation amongst our own hunters. You will be killed before you raise your spear. The hunt is very competitive, sometimes resulting in a few deaths." Shadow slumps as his confidence is slashed, he sits down heavily, "Well...Is there anyway I can build a rep while getting some experience?" He asks, quietly hoping for a yes, but expecting a no. Goliath scratches his chin, "It is possible, but the hunt is fast approaching, we don't have very much time to get you acquainted with the hunters and their expectations." Shadow smiles, "That's all I need is a foot in the door!"

The next day Shadow leaves the pottery kiosk early. He heads over to the blacksmith hut to find Goliath. He approaches the hut to find all of the hunters in the village awaiting their tools. He worms his way through the crowd searching for Goliath. He sees Goliath sitting at his bench putting the finishing touches on a spear. "Want to acquaint yourself with the locals? Well pass out their spears and bows." He barks at Shadow. Shadow, a little apprehensive agrees, "Oh, ok. Umm...do you have some kind of system or something?" He asks nervously. Goliath smirks, "You see those letters etched on the handles? Those are initials, just call them out and the hunters will do the rest." Shadow grabs the first first he can reach," Umm... S.K? Mr. S.K, I have your spear." The crowd shifts and shudders as someone makes their way over to Shadow, who's still looking at the impressive spear. "Is there a Mr. S.K here?" A few men chuckle as someone taps Shadow on his shoulder, he turns and is face to face with a young woman, "Yes ma'am, can I help you?" He asks politely. As he asks the crowd erupts in laughter, slightly startling Shadow, "Whats so funny!?" He asks a little frustrated. The woman steps up and places a hand on the spear handle, "I'm S.K. and this is my spear, sir." The crowd of men laugh harder still, pointing at Shadow. Goliath turns from his bench, "Good Morning Ms. Sunspot, I guarantee your new spear will serve you better than the last. In fact I'll bet my livelihood on it." Sunspot giggles, obviously wooed by Goliath's gentle giant nature. "Thank you Goliath, I look forward to using it." She wanders off with her spear on her back, the men watching her intently. One man approaches Shadow, "You got lucky dere boyo, Sunspot don't take kindly to disrespectin." Shadow rubs his head, " I didn't mean any disrespect, I'm just trying to get to know all the other hunters so I can hunt the Great Migration with you guys." The man cackles loudly, "Y'ere that fellas? Goldfish ere want's ta unt wif us!" The hunters laugh loudly, Shadow sinks behind Goliath in shame. "D.T, your bow is ready" he calls from behind his large friend. The laughing is too loud for any of the hunters to hear, "D.T, I have your bow!" He shouts again. The roaring laughter continues. Goliath steps up, "DRAGONBORN COME AND GET YOUR DAMNED BOW BEFORE I FEED IT TO YOU!" His bellow can be heard throughout the village, as another hunter steps up to claim his weapon. "Mr. G, I here you've got a youngin looking for a hunting party. Why don't you let him hunt with yours?" He asks through a sly grin. Goliath swells his chest, his shackles clank softly. "Why don't you mind your business little man. Shadow here will be a part of my hunting party, and for that outburst, so shall you." The man grumbles as he walks away with his new bow, "Thanks...for the bow..see you in a cycle."

A few weeks pass... Shadow, being fully accepted into the village makes his way over to the Blacksmith's hut. Softly whistling to himself, he waves at the baker as he opens up for an early morning. Goliath, Sunspot, and Dragonborn sit outside the hut waiting for Shadow. Dragonborn starts to become visibly impatient tapping his massive bow on his foot, "Where is this punk?" He asks through his teeth, pulling a cigarette from his jacket pocket and putting it to his lips. He strikes a match and raises it to his cigarette. Before his cigarette can touch the flame, Sunspot swipes her spear at his face, slashing his cigarette centimeters from his lips, "We're going hunting, idiot. Everything out there will be able to smell you from miles away." She hisses at him. The look of shock and awe on Dragonborn's face is too much for Shadow, as he approaches from the darkness laughing, "Haha Awe, Poor Drag!"
He shakes Goliath's hand, still chuckling, "Hello friend, and Ms. Sunspot" he says as he extends his arms for a hug. "SHUT YOUR MOUTH KID!!" Dragonborn shrieks, "You're lucky you've got lady parts, Sunspot. Otherwise you'd be wearing a few of these arrows!!" He grunts waving his bow at her nose. Goliath steps in, taking charge, "That's enough. From everyone." He says flatly waving his finger at the group. "We've got some walking to do." Goliath walks away from the group, his gigantic bow resting on his shoulder. The other hunters rush to catch up, Sunspot softly chuckling with Shadow. The group travels south for a few days, stopping overnight to set up camps. Finally after a seemingly endless march they approach a lush oasis, "Wow," mutters Shadow, "I thought these places were a myth!" His excitement is obvious as he bends down to pick a bright orange flower. "Not a myth," starts Dragonborn, "just extremely hard to find." Goliath steps up to Shadow, "This is it, your first hunt. Don't mess this up or you're out of my party for the migration." He states flatly. "Harsh, but you got it big guy." Shadow retorts. Sunspot steps up, "Shhhh!!!" She leans close to the ground, staring into the deep green underbrush. She takes a deep long inhale through her nose, "Two hundred and fifty yards...west...nine, maybe ten large herbivores." She stands up clutching her two handed spear looking over at Goliath, "This is it G, we should move now if we're to catch something and be back before the end of the cycle." Shadow stares in astonishment leaning over to Dragonborn, "Is she for real?" He asks completely dumbfounded. Dragonborn smirks, "She ain't the best tracker in the village fer nothin boy, she's got the gift." He finishes as he throws his bow over his shoulder, "Now keep quiet and follow our lead." Goliath looks back at Shadow, "Stay sharp, we need this meat and you need the experience.".  The group moves through the dense oasis, foreign birds chirp excitedly at the presence of visitors. "Damn birds are gonna ruin us." Dragonborn mutters. Goliath looks back, glaring at Dragonborn. He holds up his hand as the group approaches an open grove. The bright sun bathes the clearing, reflecting off of a small creek. a herd of large herbivorous beasts graze on the tall grass. The beasts stand almost fifteen feet tall, their short fur tinted green with a mossy growth. A few young males wrestle, butting heads and tangling their juvenile antlers. Their playful grunts and bellows echo softly through the trees as the group cautiously moves into formation. They pass quietly through the brush, parallel to the herd, past the grazing adults. As they approach the young Shadow is overwhelmed with guilt. His gut wrenches at the thought of killing one of the calves. Goliath sees the look of panic and glares at Shadow, pointing beyond the young creatures. Shadow pans beyond the young to a herd of smaller creatures, basking in the sun. The smaller creatures only stand about six feet tall, their light brown pelt shimmers softly in the light as they enjoy the protection of the behemoth herd grazing nearby. Shadow relaxes a little and regains his composure. Goliath proceeds with a series of gestures and points, silently directing his party's ambush.  Dragonborn takes vantage, stealthily flanking the smaller creatures. Sunspot leaves her spear behind as she creeps to the rear of the herd, acting as the wrangler. Goliath points Shadow to the opposite side of the herd, tossing him a large knife. He waves his bow, signaling he will take the shot, then sliding his thumb across his throat and pointing at Shadow. Goliath quietly fades into the forest, carefully drawing a large arrow. Shadow moves into position, crouched in the brush several yards away. Suddenly the alpha of the herd rears back and bellows loudly, alerting the herd of the groups presence. Sunspot takes her chance and leaps from the tall grass roaring loudly charging the herd. The larger beasts make their presence known, grunting loudly and stomping their feet. The young behemoths scurry to the adults frightening the smaller creatures further. They charge toward the forest away from Sunspot, right into Dragonborn, "Whoo! Bout time!!" He shouts rubbing his palms together as the stampede crashes towards him. He plants his feet, raises his hands over his mouth and spits a massive blue fireball into the air, stunning the stampede to a grinding halt. Goliath, watching the entire thing from a treetop, fires an arrow straight into the herd. Shadow sprints towards the herd, seeing Goliath's arrow approaching fast. The arrow hits it's mark, piercing a large male in the chest. As the herd disperses another arrow rockets through a plume of smoke from Dragonborn's direction, striking the beast inches from Goliath's arrow. The beast staggers as Shadow tackles it with his shoulder, knocking it over. The knife gleams in the sunlight, as a quick silver flash ends the beasts struggle.
 The group settles in for the night, building camp a few yards from the river. They all sit around the campfire, laughing and enjoying some of the evenings kill. Shadow eagerly dives into a cut of meat, chomping loudly as he devours his meal, "So, Dragonborn, how'd you make that giant fireball earlier? Some kind of flammable liquid or something?" He says through bites of food. Dragonborn puts his plate down and lights up a smoke, "Na nothing of the sort kid. I'm just like you. Well, just like you in the sense of being a freak experiment." He says solemnly, "This pyro-kinesis is a side effect of what they did to me." He finishes, rolling a ball of flame around in his hands. "Sunspot here got some kinda animal magnetism bestiality crap. Kinda sexy if you ask-" He's interrupted by Sunspot jabbing him in the ribs, "Hehe sorry toots. What about you boy? We know Goliath is an excellent marksman, and those crazy sword wings are a sight to behold. What do you do? Besides being a pain in the a*s?" He chuckles taking a long drag of his smoke. Shadow looks at his hands, "I'm not sure honestly. Besides a little rattle every now and then, nothing." Dragonborn chuckles nudging Goliath in the arm, "Thought you said he was 'special' big guy." Goliath smiles, "He is, just dont know what for yet." As he finishes his sentence Sunspot jumps to her feet, sniffing the air, "Heads up guys we got company. Maybe six wretchers, coming from behind, and hungry." Goliath raises his bow, standing cautiously. Sunspot grabs her spear, looking over at Shadow and Dragonborn. Shadow's heart races as a faint rustle in the bush catches his attention. He grabs for his spear, heart pounding heavier, adrenaline pumping. The rustle becomes louder, and closer. Dragonborn raises his bow and moves toward Goliath. Sunspot slowly steps back, "Fifteen feet, thirteen feet, everyone get ready!" She shouts as two large predators burst from the dense forest, teeth gnashing, and growling fiercely. The beasts short green fur rests on a massive, muscular frame. Their eyes shine bright orange in the fire light. Suddenly four more beats step from the brush, cautiously sniffing the group's kill. Goliath shouts loudly, startling the creatures into defensive action. Their short fur standing on end, their deep growls emitted behind sharp bared teeth. One of them lunges at Goliath, but is stopped short by a heavy kick from Dragonborn, "AHA you filthy scavengers!" Goliath smirks as Sunspot begins waving her spear into the pack of hungry beasts, "Get back!" She shouts at them. The alpha predator moves in to grab the meat, but is intercepted by Goliath's massive arrow piercing it's chest. The beast falls dead, sending the rest of the pack into a frenzy. Another beast quickly establishes it's dominance in the group by taking the lead. Along with two others, the new alpha charges Goliath, chomping it's gaping maw, and growling loudly. Goliath fights with the three as Dragonborn grabs the closest to him by the scruff, tossing it into a nearby tree. Goliath sends the next flying with a mighty heave and the rod of Sunspot's spear rings out as she cracks one over the head. Realizing their defeat the other beasts begin to retreat, cornering Shadow in the process. The alpha beast closes in on Shadow, growling and barking loudly. Teeth bared, dripping with saliva, ready for the kill. It lunges at Shadow. Shadow cringes and braces himself, but suddenly there's a yelp from the beast. Shadow opens his eyes, expecting to see one of his friends standing over the carcass, but only sees the creature, standing completely still, panic in it's eyes. The beast whines and cries, but remains still. Shadow barely notices the burning in his arms, as his tattoos glow softly. His adrenaline still pumping, he screams at the beast, "WHAT DO YOU WANT!" Goliath and the rest of the group stare in amazement as they witness shadows reaching from the ground and surrounding darkness, gripping the beast tightly, rendering it immobile. Shadow slowly realizes what's happening as he manipulates the beast's every move, raising it's legs and turning it's head. He begins to struggle to maintain his grasp as his shackles rattle loudly, and his glowing tattoos slowly fade. The beast begins to regain control of itself, writhing and squirming against the darkness surrounding it. Finally Shadow's grip slips and he falls to the ground sweating and exhausted. The beast, growls and bares his teeth one last time and vanishes into the lush underbrush. Dragonborn rushes over to Shadow hooting and hollering all the way, "YEA BOY! THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!" He shouts tackling Shadow as he tries to stand. Goliath and Sunspot head over to the guys, smirking along the way, "Well," starts Goliath, " I guess the name makes sense."

The group make their way back to the village outpost a few days later, bonded by the previous attack, and emergence of Shadow's ability. They approach the village, greeted by the screaming children of the village. The crowd of children disperses revealing Violet and her grandfather, Ezekiel, both smiling.
"You guys!" shouts Violet, running towards Shadow with arms outstretched. She jumps onto Shadow, knocking him back a little into the rest of the group. "What did you bring me?" She squeals eagerly. Goliath chuckles as Shadow reaches into his bag and pulls out the bright orange flower, "It reminded me of you." He says as he hands it over to Violet. She squeals again hugging Shadow tightly. "Whaddya think Mr G.?! Isn't he adorable!" Goliath laughs a heavy laugh, while Violet squeezes on Shadow. "He's alright I guess" jokes Goliath playfully punching Shadow in the arm. "Well I guess I'll take all this meat to the butcher, ALONE." scoffs Dragonborn, obviously uncomfortable with the displays of affection. Sunspot chirps in, "I'll give you a hand Dragonborn, G I'll be seeing you soon. She waves politely at Violet and Ezekiel as she helps Dragonborn carry the large carcass across the village.
"Well, I see my darling granddaughter has taken quite the liking to you, young man." Ezekiel starts, wiping his glasses on his tunic, "so I suppose I'll get started on the wedding arrangements." he says with a sly look, chuckling softly. Goliath and Violet both laugh hysterically as confusion rushes over Shadow's face. "I'm only joking boy." Ezekiel finishes, "Just be good to her, or else you'll have to deal with me." Ezekiel's chuckle this time is a little eerie, as he reaches with a single finger towards Shadow.

[Deadzone: 1mi from outpost village]
Two men sit around a fire, drawing plans in the sand.
"We need more recruits sir, we'll never accomplish anything with just us two."
The second man places his hand in the fire, "Then you have sorely misjudged yourself Locust." His flesh bubbles and oozes as the fire destroys his hand, "and more importantly you have misjudged me." He says with a solemn look toward his companion. " I apologize Lord Graven, I meant no disrespect by it, it's just..."
He's interrupted by a the loud pop of bone cracking in the fire, "It's just you, Locust. You doubt yourself, you doubt me, and you doubt The Chosen, but since you say we cannot do it alone I'll show you my trust in your judgement. There is an outpost village not far from here, I know a man there who might like to help us."

[Outpost Village]
Sunspot and Dragonborn sit outside, drinking fermented fruit juice, talking amongst each other. "So Sunspot how'd you end up here?" Dragonborn asks before taking a large gulp of his drink.
Sunspot takes a drink, and ponders. Her face grows dark as she begins," I am originally from the Hercules Mangrove...."

[Hercules Mangrove, Tau]
A young veterinarian examines a strange looking bird, "You see when the Hercules river bird matures it's second set of wings start to grow, sometimes causing pain and discomfort. I'll give you a mild sedative to keep the pain at bay until it's transformation is complete." She says as she finishing writing a prescription. "Thank you Dr. Aurora, I can't tell you how awful I feel since Onyx has started this metamorphosis." The young woman smiles as she carries her bird out. Dr. Aurora takes off her lab coat and heads out into the island. She reaches a clearing near a sparkling cove and places her bare feet in the water, and eats a sandwich. As she relaxes a tiny mammal scurries over to her. "Well hello little friend," she smiles reaching into her pocket, "would you like some of my bread?" She leans over and offers a bite to the tiny creature who eagerly obliges. She sits contently munching with her new friend when something startles the little beast. "Huh?" She starts, but is knocked unconscious.

[Unknown]
"Good Morning Dr. Aurora, I hope those brutes didn't cause any permanent harm." a chilled voice comes from the darkness, "You see you've been selected to ' participate' in a series of life altering experiments." The voice cackles as bright examination lights flash on. Aurora struggles to no avail, strapped to the surgical table. A drill whirs in the distance, and Aurora screams in the darkness. Afraid and alone.

[Outpost Village]
"I only remember the pain, and the sounds of my own screaming. Then there was an escape from the facility, a mass exodus. Most of them were recaptured, but I was rescued by a Wretcher. That's when I learned of my "gift".
Her head falls as a single tear runs down her face, "Since then I've only asked myself 'why me, why me?' Why was I "selected".
She weeps softly on Dragonborn's shoulder. "There there lil lady, you ain't alone no more." He wipes Sunspot's face, and raises her head, "We all been through it deary, beaten, battered, and dragged through the mud, but we keep on kickin." Sunspot smiles a weak smile, "Even you?" she utters softly. "Yup..." Dragonborn sighs, "Even me... I used to be a man. A husband, a father, a brother, and a son..."

[Cyklon mine, Omega]
A loud whistle blows, signaling lunch break for the miners.
"What a day so far. Youseff, how deep is your crew drilling today?"
One man asks another. "Well Sergei, theres a large cyklon deposit roughly 150m beneath the main shaft, so my guess is another 75m for today. Besides I gotta get out early today, it's Illyana's birthday." Youseff smiles, thinking fondly of his youngest daughter. The loudspeaker chirps suddenly, "YOUSEFF KLEYNIKOV GM'S OFFICE" Youseff stands nervously, heading to "The Hive", the central command center for the digging crews. He approaches the door cautiously, unaware of why he's been summoned. He opens the door to see his twin brother Ivan weeping, "They're gone. They're all gone." He sobs. Youseff stands quietly, confused, "Who's gone brother? What do you mea--" he's cut off by his hysterical sibling, "DEAD! THEY'RE ALL DEAD! Yegor, Pietra, Illyana, Mina! All of them!"
Youssef falls to his knees, clutching at his brother's jacket, "No... No, Gregor! You are a liar!"
He screams climbing to his feet. Youssef charges from the office and jumps into his truck. Speeding towards his house, he runs every traffic signal alerting the police force. He skids and screeches with police cars hot on his tail. His tires smoke as he grinds to a halt in front of his house. The police jump out if their vehicles, blasters aimed at Youssef's head and chest. Youssef charges his front door, and is stopped by investigators and police. "LET ME IN!! LET ME SEE MY FAMILY!!" He wails as bodies are wheeled out on stretchers covered by plastic sheets. His wails are interrupted by the crack of a police baton across his head. "Youssef Klenykov, you're under arrest for public endangerment, evading district authority, and murder." Youssef's cries for his family go unheard as he's lifted into a cruiser. His vision blurs and his ears ring as he loses consciousness.

Suddenly Dragonborn's story is interrupted, "Excuse me, I'm looking for a friend of mine. The blacksmith." A man steps from the shadows, "He and I have...unfinished business..." He chuckles softly to himself.
Dragonborn stands, "Oy, pissant. Can't you see I'm over ere 'avin a moment? Check his hut first, then come an ask me to find em aright?"
His speech slurring from the alcohol. "Very well then sir," the man hisses, "Come along brother..."
He beckons into the trees. The branches above rustle and Locust drops to the ground, eager to obey his companion.
"Waddaya s'pose all ats about darlin?" Dragonborn slurs. "I'm not sure, but I don't like it." Sunspot grabs her bow, inadvertently exciting Dragonborn. He jumps to his feet again, clutching his bottle of booze, "OY IF YER LOOKIN FER A FIGHT, I GOT YER RUMBLE RIGHT ERE!!" He shouts with a heavy omegan accent, waving his  bottle and splashing it around. The two head towards the blacksmith hut, hoping for the best expecting the worst.

Goliath sits at his work bench, drafting a bow. Shadow hauls wood from the lumber pile over to the colossal kiln, whistling as he heaves the large chunks of wood.
There's a knock at the door, Goliath looks up from his work, "Yes?" He calls out, but there is no response. Another set of knocks echo through the hut. Goliath sighs, standing up and lumbering towards the door. He reaches for the handle, when suddenly it flies open, Graven and Locust barge in. Not amused, Goliath shoves Graven, "What do you want, Graven?" He asks sternly. Graven smirks, "Is that anyway to talk to an old friend, old friend?" He hisses as he grabs a chair and sits, revealing a blade tucked into his belt. Shadow notices the weapon and advances, but is intercepted by Locust. His dark eyes pierce into Shadow's, as he emits a low growl. "Your new bodyguard?" Goliath asks, grabbing a large cleaver and resting it on his shoulder. Graven kicks his feet up on a table, "No no, not at all. What about him?" He chuckles, pointing his dagger at Shadow. Goliath steps up to Graven, "What do you want, Graven?" He asks, this time a little more aggressive than the last. Graven puts his dagger away, raising his hands and smirking, "I'm only here to talk. Locust, give us a minute will you boy, you're killing the mood."
Locusts grunts softly and steps outside, followed by Shadow keeping a close eye on him.
"Now, old friend. I have a proposition for you." He calmly says. Goliath takes a seat at the table, "Get to it." He retorts.
Graven rocks back in his chair, "Do you remember what THEY did to us? To me? To you? To...her?", he stifles a whimper, "I do! They experimented on us! Turned us into freaks, and monsters!" He yells banging his fist on the table. "Then we escaped. We ran, we hid and we PRAYED that the worst was over. We lost everything, and they still managed to keep taking from us! Well now my brother, it is our time! We are stronger than the humans, we are stronger than the Demurians! We are the rightful heirs of this planet! We are the CHOSEN, and none shall stand before our destiny!" He stands hastily, ripping a sheet of paper from his pocket, "This!! Thud is the answer to our salvation my brother! This is our future! The future of our species!" He shouts shaking his wadded fist, "This is a list of every escapee, our brethren, our PEOPLE. We can find them and unite ourselves. We can rid this planet of the wretched humans, and then the demurians! Join me brother! Join us! Help me take this planet for us! For the evolved man!" His maniacal rant comes to an end, "Could I trouble you for a sip of water?" He cackles loudly, coughing and wretching. Goliath pours a glass of water, frowning and shaking his head, "You're losing it, Graven. I can't help you. Not anymore." He says firmly. Graven lurches forward, grabbing Goliath by the collar of his tunic, blood dribbling off his bottom lip, "You fool! You...you weakling! She's on this list! Cardinal is on this list!" He shrieks, madness swirling in his eyes. "Cardinal is dead, Graven. She's been dead for years!" Goliath shouts, shoving Graven to the ground, "as I said before, you've lost it, and I can't help you anymore, now take your goon and leave." He says calmly, pointing to the door. Graven stands, dusting himself off, "Here's the list. I already have it memorized." He wretches, spitting blood and clutching his chest, "I don't need your help then, old friend!" He shouts, storming through the doorway.
Shadow walks in followed by Dragonborn and Sunspot, both with solemn looks on their faces, "What was that about man?" Shadow asks. Goliath shakes his head starting intently at one name on the list he's holding. The only name encircled " Jaqueline Thorne ,Codename; Cardinal"

[Outpost]
Graven sits near a campfire, his wicked face twisted in agony as he clutched his chest.
Locust looms beyond the light of the fire, carefully watching the village from the safety of the darkness, searching.
His back straightens as he notices a torch light waning in the distance, "get ahold of yourself Graven, company approaches." He utters flatly. Graven's face shifts from agony to confusion, "You forget yourself Levi, keep in mind I am your master. I choose whether your life is worth the time, I decide whether you speak. Don't snuff your candle before it's lit." He whispers, slowly standing. "Go and fetch them, bring them to me."
There's a faint flutter as Locust disappears into the night. As he charges through the dessert, Locust is reminded of his past;

[Fiend Camp]
A cell door clangs open, two heavily armed guards toss a battered man into the damp cell. The man coughs and sputters, clambering to his knees, his eyes quickly adjust to the poor lighting. Another man sits up in his bunk, " So Levi, have you considered my offer?" The mans voice cracks a sly whisper, "I'll die before I spend another night in this hole."

[Present]
Locust quickly reaches the visitors, two young men, draped in matching robes, twins. The flame of the torch flickers against their faces illuminating their amber eyes.
"Just you boys?" Locust inquires. The young twins nod. "Very well, keep up. If you can." He cackles as he disappears again into the dark. The twins exchange glances and quickly dart behind Locust. As they give chase one of the men passes a challenging glare over to his brother, as his body morphs to sand, slithering amongst the ground at an impressive speed. The other man chuckles softly as the bones in his body crunch and splinter from his transformation. He begins running on all fours, matching the speed of his brother, emitting low guttural grunts as he charges. The brothers quickly catch Locust and follow along side him until they reach the camp. Graven stands before the fire, cackling at the display of dominance between the two brothers, "Welcome boys, have a seat and let's have a little parle," his face relaxes as he reaches for a bladder of water, " I am Graven, you have already met my protege Locust," he waves a hand at Locust, "Pardon my monologue fellows, but by venturing to my den you have proposed loyalty to myself and my cause, is that correct?" His eyes pierce the young men as they nod solemnly, "Very well then, from this moment you are Chosen! Your names, your lives, everything about you now belongs to me, is that understood?"
The older of the twins steps up but both voices ring out from his mouth, "We hereby pledge our lives to the Chosen, your will shall be done Lord Graven."
Graven smiles a wicked smile, " Good, then let me begin. We are the Chosen, the b*****d  children of the Evolved Man. We took our freedom from the wretched hands of the human race. Our purpose is simple, to unite all Evolved and unite them under one flag, one species, one people. The humans are our enemy, the demurians are our enemy, the Evolved who do not obey, are our enemy. You have heeded my call, therefore I accept you as my children. I can tell just by your scents that you are Evolved Hybrids. Very rare specimens, especially since you're twins. Twin Golems, one half wolf, one half wraith." Locust tenses, realizing the twins are the first living hybrids encountered. The twins swell with pride as their new master continues, "Your new names are Dawn and Dusk, my emissaries of despair,and tomorrow begins your initiation." He cackles loudly, sputtering a few droplets of blood into the fire.


© 2015 Infernal Dimension Comics


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on September 2, 2015
Last Updated on September 2, 2015


Author

Infernal Dimension Comics
Infernal Dimension Comics

Denver, CO



About
We are Infernal Dimension. A Colorado based sci-fi/fantasy writing team. In 2011, we (Evan Hulbert, and Benjamin Domingue) began meticulously creating our own extensive comic universe, "Crisis:Earth".. more..

Writing