dream

dream

A Poem by iammerideth
"

idk, indescribable

"

one room.

slient.dark.

there is a bed, i lay still in it.

cant sleep, with all these hours i am pulling,

my sleeping clock has been shot to wack!

but i close my eyes, to face the one thing i fear the most.

dreaming.

it takes about an hour obviously, but when it happens and my body loses itself, i cant help but to gain this feeling of anxiety.

i never know what to expect.

it used to be that when i dream, i woke up forgetting, but it has become more frequent, that i wake remembering...

i wish i wouldnt.

maybe the dreams are signs of my frustration, or stress, maybe life, or the future.

No it couldnt be the future.

as i drift into this slumber, i become light, i can feel everything, emotions, physical pain or suffering. sad.

the dreams arent scary, but they make me miserable.

the people i miss, are in them, the person i loved so deeply i would have done anything for, are in these dreams, i was so sure i was over this. i mean, it has been a year and three months... i think.

but there she is, just waltzing around in my personal dream, like she has a say in this.

she looks well, happy, and beautiful. she finished what we had. why is she here. this is not hers.

but i cant stop myself, i have no control, i move towards her as she walks towards me.

we embrace eachother, and then suddenly i have this rush of what i missed so much about her, how she would hold me at night before we went to bed, or how she whispered i love you in my ear before she closed her eyes to have dreams of her own, how her hands felt in mine, and how i had a claim on her, because she was mine. because i loved her.

the thing is when i am awake, i dont ever think about this. never crosses my mind.

until she texts me. and then i get weird. enough of that, the dream now!

it is like flashbacks, painful memories, i guess i blocked them out, things i pushed so far away up here that i thought i could just forget, like the time when we had our first date, and i slept over after the battle of the bands i was so tired, but wanted her so bad. or when we were in class together, and she would stare at me from across the room to watch me play, i missed that. meeting eachother having many weekend nights together, sharing a sweet sixteen hotel party, and a hole two years worth of me loving her right down the f*****g drain. she moved on quickly, i guess i didnt, maybe i never will, i guess on the outside when i am awake, i just have hope. i will have a new beginning. a better love.

this is just a dream right?

 

 

© 2008 iammerideth


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think that this says a lot about you. You put a lot of heart into everything you do, and it shows in the way you express yourself when you write. Very good on describing the dream! I was a tad confused because towards the end it became less poem-like and kept going, almost like a transition into a short story. If you intended to do that, I thought it worked out pretty well in the end. Nice one, Mer!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 3, 2008

Author

iammerideth
iammerideth

O town



About
i am a youth of 18 obviously female, i enjoy the little things in life that make me smile big smiles. i love music, and playing my violin, but also i love to write and although my ideas to come to mi.. more..

Writing
granpa granpa

A Story by iammerideth