Chapter 3 - Blake

Chapter 3 - Blake

A Chapter by Ice Girl

I stopped outside of the washroom and leaned back against the wall my heart hammering against my chest as I tried to take deep breaths and calm myself down. Excitement of actually kissing someone and making them push me away made me want to do that again.  With having my mind messed up, I couldn’t move so I just stared off into space replaying the scene over and over in my head smirking each time he pushed me away and looked at me with those frightful grey eyes. Yet I wasn't nervous or afraid somehow about hurting him. Probably because deep inside, I was sure that I didn’t hurt him that much. Although it did felt pretty good to see his face go from adoration to shock when I suddenly attacked him.
"He looks cute both ways. Shocked and admiring." I murmured under my breath having faint smile change places with the devilish smirk that was there awhile ago. That kiss was nothing but an attack which was intended Max to never, ever come near me again. But however I wanted him to break the rules. I looked around hoping that no one would see me and turned around walking to class when bell rang across the school.
When everyone streamed inside the room, I moved along with them and took my regular seat by the window instantly looking out of it also ignoring everyone that passed me and tried to make a conversation. At last I saw Max that held on dearly to his books as if they would save his life from something and started to pass my desk before someone stuck out his foot and made him stumble and drop his books and papers down on the floor. 
I turned around and scowled at boys that were hive-fiving each other and laughing at their prank. Then I looked down at Max who bent down picking up his stuff and I also bent down from my chair helping him. When our hands accidently touched each other, he flinched as if he had been shocked and shook his head to himself continuing to pick up the papers ignoring me. 
Worry begun to well up inside of me threatening me to push him away also say not to came near me at all and I resisted against the temptation. At last we both stood up and I handed him the rest of papers smiling at him charmingly. As an answer, Max scowled at me and sat down on his seat that was right behind him. Lucky enough. 
The class soon enough started and when teacher starting talking, I turned around to the window that was right beside my desk and looked out watching as beautifully colored leaves flew by and branches of trees bent underneath the strong wind that could be heard whistling right outside. The image was calming until teacher’s voice rang right beside me. “Blake! Get your attention back to the lesson! Did you hear what I just said?” I slowly rotated my head to her and smiled lazily words spilling out as if they were rehearsed. “Yes. You said that x plus y equals 2 but it didn’t mean that it had to be 2. It could have been any number because the equation in simple and textbook is the one that is wrong. This was all, wasn’t it?” 
Teacher dumbfounded stared at me along with everyone else their eyes wider than before. I looked around curiously wondering if I made it sound with sarcasm or not but since there were few faint smiles and kept in laughs, I supposed the answer sounded like it was sarcastic. At last teacher gritted her teeth and said calmly keeping her anger all inside. “Principal office. Now, Blake.” I furrowed my brows as I stood and walked to the door few snickers were made when I left the class.
While I was walking to the office where I had been more than one time, I tucked my hands into my pockets and softly begun to whistle not bothering to look into any of the classes where were my friends. But what I said was right, right? Confusion settled over me like veil and my frown came back making me feel uncomfortable. I really should control myself and my blabbering mouth.
I stopped in front of the Principal’s door and taking deep breath, knocked on it. After few seconds, voice said that I could come in so I did. The office was like any office. It had books on the shelves neatly cleaned and new looking even though they had few shades that said they were read many times. Surprisingly, this was my first time here so I took my time looking over the names of books reading the titles and authors in my head. Tolstoy, Hamlet by Shakespeare, Sea Wolf by Jack London, Tom Sawyer…Wow, dude actually reads this stuff. But I do too sadly. 
I grimaced and continued to look around the tidy room noticing the painting of beautiful sunset and forest, cupboards filled with files and finally a vintage desk maybe made in the early 50s along with set of chairs before it old as desk itself. And in front of the desk, Principal Leroy sat reading over the newspaper. I cleared my throat making him look up to me and raise a brow. “Blake?” I nodded silently and sat down when he gestured to the chair. “So you talked back to Ms. Lanolin?” 
I shrugged replying firmly. “She asked me what she said and I answered her correctly. I didn’t talk back to her. I’m sure that I said everything correctly and without any sarcasm.” Principal Leroy leaned back into his big chair intertwining his fingers together while he watched me. I grew uneasy underneath his gaze but kept my posture straight and my gaze firm while mine insides were churning nervously.  
At last he said. “Strangely, Blake, I believe you. Do you want to know why?” He paused and I didn’t answer not being sure that he asked a rhetorical question or did he actually ask me a real one. He continued with light smile. “Because I can see that you are an honest boy, Blake. And that you are not quite sure yourself if you answered sarcastically.” Principal Leroy laughed easily and I managed to smile but it looked like a grimace. When he stopped, he continued waving his hand to the door. “You can go now. But be careful around Ms. Lanolin. Her temper is terrible.” 
I sighed with relief and nodded thanking him then stood turning around to the door and left the office before he could change his mind. When I was outside, I noticed a figure beside the door staring me with corner of my eye so I turned around and faced Max who was standing there firmly. Before I could say anything, he spoke lowly stepping away from me. “I wanted to thank you for helping me.” Noticing my confused look, he quickly added not letting blush cover his cheeks. “For helping me gather the papers. That’s it.” Max turned around and started walking but I ran up to catch with him and said standing in front of him. ‘Wait. Why are you here? And how did you get out from the class?”
Max shrugged casually and again stepped away from me noticing that we got too close. “I just wanted to thank you. And I didn't get out of class. I asked to go to the washroom. Now, if you’ll excuse me.” He stepped around me and continued his way while I stood there with no expression. Then smile brightened up my face and I laughed out loud shaking my head then heading back to the class. Damn, this was getting more twisted than before.
 
After school, I waited for Gigi again outside the building my backpack at my feet while my arms were around myself trying to warm up in this cold weather. I looked around for her attempting to forget what happened today and let myself enjoy the company of my so-called girlfriend. When I saw her coat, I straightened up and prepared myself to call out through the wind, but then my gaze found an arm around her waist and her body against another one leading her to expensive car.
Betrayal flooded over my senses along with anger just boiling beside it numbing me and shutting down everything else around me. I grabbed my backpack roughly and swung it over my shoulder turning around the corner and instantly going head on with Max. He stumbled back but I reached out and caught him before he could hit the cement. He stared up to me with those frightful eyes while I still had him unable to let go.
Either he felt that I was just betrayed or saw what my face looked like, he smiled lightly reassuringly to me and hugged me his arms going around my torso. I was surprised but soon enough I let my stuck up attitude go and hugged him as well my backpack dropping on the floor. This was actually the most pleasant thing in whole day. The voice tore through the air. “Blake? What the hell are you doing with that guy?”


© 2013 Ice Girl


Author's Note

Ice Girl
Yay! Another chapter! What do you think of this? ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
Added on February 4, 2013
Last Updated on February 4, 2013


Author

Ice Girl
Ice Girl

Canada



About
Hello, guys! What to tell... Well, I a simple romantic and fantasy lover so anything that goes from elves to trolls is perfect for me to read. I dislike books that don't have any romance (not even a .. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 - Max Chapter 2 - Max

A Chapter by Ice Girl