Eye Magnet

Eye Magnet

A Poem by Brett Campaigne

A light is a life attractor
         Its purpose is to attract the eyeful to come
Ships will wash themselves against the rocks
          following some beckoning beacon in the storm
      just as flies, mesmerized
                  flock to the bright
      centers, often concentrated white
      with the inner-outer blues and the extra-outer blacks
      to be electrocuted by our angler fish inspired doom tools
    It seems demons are more suited to use the light's allure
                                than saviors.

© 2008 Brett Campaigne


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Again you abstract immensely your pieces. I always feel like I have to think hard about meaning. here I think it is about thetemptation. they eye gets the input and where it lands in your brains - no one knows this, we have depths in our mind so that we often ask ourselves where is it going to.... we are suprised where our thought went after we had an association... and yes the hidden wishes are those which call out the demons, perfect ending. i totally enjoyed this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Great read. I love the absurd, and this has a sense of reality to it.

I read through some reviews and it seems that no one understands the ending. Let me venture my perspective; Saviors depend on souls to save themselves while demons will use the light to beckon the lost in a false God sense. You hear alot about this with cults and the leaders who claim to be the second coming of Christ. People just want to be as close to the Lord as they can be, so they accept the cult leaders as what they say they are. But truly, to save your soul, you have to find that light on your own.

What you were alluding to with light houses, I'm not exactly sure. They are usually supposed to be helpful but then again we do not know we need them until disaster strikes in that locale more than once. If the storm is bad enough, the light house is only good for telling you that you are better off at sea than trying to land your ship. Great, thought evoking piece!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Hang on ... aren't lighthouses more designed to warn of danger -
`Lighthouses are used to mark dangerous coastlines, hazardous shoals, safe entries to harbors ...`
hardly `beckoning beacons` to certain disaster ..?
so this throws the whole piece out for me ... and adds nothing to your conclusion
hey, but nice topsy-turvy kind of feel to this if this is what you intended
mesmerized? - from Franz Anton Mesmer - (originally hypnotism was referred to as `Mesmerism`)
crazy piece this though ...

Posted 15 Years Ago


I greatly enjoyed reading this piece. Powerful ending too!

jkb

Posted 15 Years Ago


it always amazes me at the talent it takes to write something so powerful in such a short piece. i tend to get long winded. this takes tremedous discipline and quick with in my opinion.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Interesting piece. There are only two flies I will not dive over a coffee table to kill. The first fly of spring, shot up with amphetamine, who refuses to land, and the last lethargic fly you usually see in late November. The obese statue like fly you can actually nudge, and it barely moves. I spare those two demons. I like this perspective on light, but not sure of your conclusion. Worth the read. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


You tuck a bit of truth into your poems.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like this. It is very clever how you see our eyes and how it attracts things. Great piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You have a laid back, kinda pothead type of writing. That's a compliment. I like it. It's otherworldly.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 2, 2008
Last Updated on August 26, 2008

Author

Brett Campaigne
Brett Campaigne

Halifax, Canada



About
Diffusion When it's crowded in here thats when i like to go outside more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..