Words

Words

A Poem by Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

   Words that can cut deeply
Only one is needed to hurt
Ruining your own security
Destroying your self esteem
Slowly losing respect of yourself

Fat
Stupid
Ugly

Words will take away from what you love
Obscene phrases that bring you down
Releasing you from your own grip on reality
Despising who you are
So that you lose your own self.

 

 

© 2008 Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's generally the lack of intelligent words that find people using the hurtful ones instead.
Great write Diana


Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thats so true.

Posted 16 Years Ago


words hurt because people let them hurt them... you did a great job on this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


So true, one sugestion, maybe you should repeat the words a few times, to give the impresion of someone saying them over and over again, either in their head, or put them in quotes to give the effect of someone yelling them out.
Thanks for the request, and hope that times are treating you better....
One!

Posted 16 Years Ago


yes, words hurt. but we are setting the boundary aren' t we? nobody can hurt you when you don't 'allow' him to do so. Means we have to show the limit right away when we feel that you are about getting hurt. I know, it is difficult. You wrote a magnificent poem, I liked.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is fantastic despite the sad message... sometimes emotional scar have a bigger effect on you then physical ones... but your right the ones saying them are just bringing you down cause they are unhappy.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Words can cut and injure ... Name calling and bullying. My son has had a verbal bully after him all week so this is fresh in my mind.

Thanks for sharing this ....

Posted 16 Years Ago


Words don't mean anything from people that don't matter.
this is honest and bearing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Very true. And decently put.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Love the new avatar! I can see you!

First of all, this is an excellent write.

It's so completely wrong, that when you hear 100 GOOD things about yourself - and one bad - you will always remember the bad. Well, I do, anyway.

I have hurtful words that were said 40 years ago, stay with me.



Posted 16 Years Ago


Love the new avatar! I can see you!

First of all, this is an excellent write.

It's so completely wrong, that when you hear 100 GOOD things about yourself - and one bad - you will always remember the bad. Well, I do, anyway.

I have hurtful words that were said 40 years ago, stay with me.



Posted 16 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

386 Views
51 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!
Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

FL



About
I am a 36 year old married female.. My passion is to write. My genre is mostly in paranormal, paranormal romances and fantasy fiction. I have three wonderful children (Danyale 19- Josh 16 and Kymb.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..