Words

Words

A Poem by Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

   Words that can cut deeply
Only one is needed to hurt
Ruining your own security
Destroying your self esteem
Slowly losing respect of yourself

Fat
Stupid
Ugly

Words will take away from what you love
Obscene phrases that bring you down
Releasing you from your own grip on reality
Despising who you are
So that you lose your own self.

 

 

© 2008 Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's generally the lack of intelligent words that find people using the hurtful ones instead.
Great write Diana


Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was really stinging. We let loose words as if they mean nothing. I saw the other day this anerexic who said it began when "one" guy call her fat in the ninth grade. She was near death when they interviewed her. This is an important piece. Rain..

Posted 16 Years Ago


this is a very powerful write that can speak to just about everyone because sadly it's true. People use words to hurt others instead of lifting them up. Great piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


a very powerful write and sadly it is true. a really great write said very well

Posted 16 Years Ago


Yes, your author's note is dead on. I took a class on "giving feedback" and one thing I learned is that you learn more about the person giving feedback than the one receiving it. In other words, if someone screams at you, "I hate you!" We learn a lot about that person's character and emotions, etc. in the moment. So much seems to come back about the appearances of others (you write about that here with those two out of the three words that tie to appearance, fat and ugly).

I think that some people hurt more when they spew nasty words. For example a family member or other loved one saying it to us would cut deeper than someone we didn't know that well.

This was a good write that got straight to the point. Sometimes it only takes one to bring us down.

Cheers,
Stacy

Posted 16 Years Ago


I find it usually a lack of intelligence to attack anybody in such a way.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Concise representation of a very pervasive truth...however, unfortunate that truth may be.


Good effort in bringing words together.

Forest

Posted 16 Years Ago


wow!! such an insightful piece of writing, and the picture only added to the intensity. words used to hurt me as well but i learned how to ignore them and the only opinions that mattered to me were my own. this has such a powerful message and i'm so glad you shared it. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like the message here, and hopefully others can look at this, and learn from it. It amazes me just how much power we give other people, when they use words to debase and humiliate us. And coming up and of low self esteem is a hard, and ugly road, but it can be done.
Thank you for sending this one my way...

Posted 16 Years Ago


Excellent poem outlining the pain and what can happen to us from them. Your picture with this is absolutely perfect. Your poem is well written and teaches us to be passionate when chosing our own words with others. Beautiful writing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Oh, absolutely words can sting and stab with great intensity....but only if we allow them to. Very well written and a great graphic to accompany your words. lydia

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

386 Views
51 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!
Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

FL



About
I am a 36 year old married female.. My passion is to write. My genre is mostly in paranormal, paranormal romances and fantasy fiction. I have three wonderful children (Danyale 19- Josh 16 and Kymb.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..