All that's not two and two

All that's not two and two

A Poem by Abhra

I close here. In the vicinity of trees.
In the whistling alleyways of the wind, where 
all the things you've given me sway like wind chimes.
Only your thoughts linger like a twilight waiting for nightfall.

We sort through the looming fireflies, split them
so that there may be silence.
You keep their day and I their night
so that they may sum up like synonyms.

But before all this, let us travel once more
where foot markers end and summers begin. 
By the shade of groves, by the sweat beads around your lips,
the evening around your shoulders, the first touch of your mouth,
in the neighborhood of love
till the shore ends.

I want you to know, that when the tide comes, I will sail our love
with the fire in my heart
so that it does not endure 
without warmth
without a light flickering in its eyes, 
alone.

© 2012 Abhra


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think I have just died and went to heaven in these words, oh how the heart cries from the sandy beaches, ever does the water lap to it's embracing shore. This was exquisite and romantic beyond imagination, ok ,maybe I go to far lol, but it does give me visions of my own love waiting there with open arms :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abhra

11 Years Ago

Thanks a bunch!
Corset

11 Years Ago

yw



Reviews

It's very valedictory in tone (if the first three words are any indication), and the tone makes a transition from being almost matter-of-fact tone in the first two stanzas to something more wistful, almost heartbroken in the final two. Normally, such a change would be jarring, but here it is smoothly and seamlessly achieved. I did find some of the lining a but off-putting: I think the piece would flow better if "split them" in the second line was moved down to begin the next line, and likewise with "I will sail our love" in the final stanza. Still, these are minor complaints at best; this is very, very impressive work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I have read and re-read this several times now because it is so beautiful. Your work is incredible and I cannot believe I see so few reviews. This is a treasure. It is romantic and full of a love that may be lost to the present but is ever alive in your heart and soul. I love the first line "I close here." To me, it is almost as if this could be the closing of a love letter, perhaps only a mental one, written in your heart to someone far away that you may never see again. I sense loss here and yet the memory is calming, and the love has given you so much that your heart lingers in gratitude and reverence? The whole piece is amazing and as I said I just can't stop reading it and sitting here with the immense feeling that permeates it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think I have just died and went to heaven in these words, oh how the heart cries from the sandy beaches, ever does the water lap to it's embracing shore. This was exquisite and romantic beyond imagination, ok ,maybe I go to far lol, but it does give me visions of my own love waiting there with open arms :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abhra

11 Years Ago

Thanks a bunch!
Corset

11 Years Ago

yw
Saw j's review, and had to read it for myself. I was not disappointed.

Indescribable beauty.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J
oh my but you still weave words like magical tapestries ~~ they are filled with symphonies and sonatas grazioso. soft and gentle, tinkling like tiny bells filled with sunset. this is truly one that whispers in quiet melancholy and almost a resigned acceptance ......

manno this is beautiful, abhra. a fave. truly.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on May 29, 2012
Last Updated on May 29, 2012

Author

Abhra
Abhra

Kennesaw, GA



About
more..

Writing
A note A note

A Poem by Abhra



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..