on the alchemy of ink and sleeplessness

on the alchemy of ink and sleeplessness

A Story by Ima
"

the enigma of why one would ever choose to drown in a universe of letters. (it's entirely justified)

"

Why? The question matters not. Write, write, write is the mantra advocated by those who have gone ahead and attained the much seat of honor where they spend glances on all the books they have written. Millions and millions of copies propagate throughout various kinds of hands, ranging from smooth and porcelain-like to grubby with disgustingly unclean nails. It's a tall order, I admit. They're asking me to defile the one moral code that I've upheld loyally despite everything else. Leave no space or pause for the slightest perfectionistic hesitance. But to ignore the flaws and plough on is unlikely to result in a supreme masterpiece, a shining incandescent opus reflecting the facets of oneself. Sentences are built upon other sentences. No soothsayer can determine what words will come next, and the subtlest change in lilt is momentous. It's useless to map out a path. Writing is getting lost. Close your eyes, plunge through the foreboding darkness, do not be intimidated by the absence of beauty in the products that you summon forth. Constant transmutation will, after tries and tries and yet more tries, result in gold. And it will be borne out of sweat and tears and the shameful ashes of the rejected--it will be yours alone.

© 2011 Ima


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on May 11, 2011
Last Updated on May 11, 2011
Tags: writing

Author

Ima
Ima

Quezon City, Manila, Philippines



About
A teenage girl driven by the plague of boredom to explore the messy universes of her mind and reinvent them into something approaching beauty. Loves coffee shops, stuffed pigs, laughing senselessly so.. more..

Writing
12:21 AM 12:21 AM

A Poem by Ima


mnemosyne mnemosyne

A Poem by Ima


adam weeps adam weeps

A Poem by Ima