The Birthday Disaster

The Birthday Disaster

A Chapter by Imagination-mage

“Ugh Bethany what do you want to show me?!” an annoyed Yasmine said, her hands out trying to find her way with a blind fold wrapped around her eyes.

            “Just shut up and follow the sound of my voice.” Her friend, Bethany replied. The young black girl wore a grey shirt with a small robot on wearing blue baggy jeans and purple skater shoes. Her friend had long brown hair, wearing contacts and a green tang top with short pink shorts on, large black sandals and a Hello Kitty temporary tattoo on her cheek. She led Yasmine into a pole, laughing.

            “Very funny Bethany, now I’ll just go home and read my manga.” Yasmine said, about to take off the blindfold. Bethany stopped her and said “Okay, okay I’m sorry, just a little further.”

Yasmine felt Bethany’s hand on her shoulders, lead her into another building. Bethany soon let go and said “Okay you can take it off.”

Yasmine reached behind her head and pulled off the blindfold only to be surprised by confetti shooting over her head and sparkles showering down on her. The rest of her friends stood around her in a bookstore with balloons, cake and a table full of presents.

            “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” they all screamed.

Yasmine was so shocked, her eyes large and the breath taken away from her. A smile began to grow on Yasmine’s face as she screamed in complete joy. She tackled her friends happily and Bethany simply walked in. A birthday party was being held for Yasmine at Barnes n Nobles, in the manga section where a small table held everything they needed. It was filled with her favorite foods and chocolate cake waiting to be eaten, presents on the table. Her friends crowded around her happily and a girl with brown hair reaching her back wearing jeans and a black short sleeved shirt said “This isn’t all Yasmine; we’re sleeping over in a hotel room that your mom was so kind to get for us!”

            “BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!” Yasmine screamed at the top of her lungs, bringing everyone in for a group hug. Her friends all hugged her back, sucking in air because Yasmine was basically chocking them. Yasmine had five friends in all; Rachel was the bookworm, with her brown hair that reached her back, wearing jeans and a black shirt. Jaya, their actress had long black hair and caramel brown skin wearing a gorgeous Indian gown with Greek sandals on her feet. Rylie, their social one, wore Yasmine’s favorite shirt, a light blue short sleeved shirt with the grim reaper giving ice cream to a child, wearing skinny jeans and sandals that resembled Bethany’s. The girls continued with their feast of food and watched as Yasmine tore open her presents. Once finished with the food and presents, Jaya declared “We should get going.”

            “Ah…but Oz was about to uncover a giant secret and I must find out what it is!” Yasmine said a Pandora Hearts manga in her hands.

            “Yeah and Soul was about to fight Justin!” Rachel said, reading a Soul Eater manga with Rylie who was plugging her ears.

            “We gotta go!” Jaya said. “If were late we might miss dinner.”

            “Oh, what’s for dinner?!” Yasmine asked, her mouth watering at the thought of food.

            “We’re going to McDonalds Yasmine, nothing special.” Rylie said. She put the book back in its place and got up. She got Rachel up and went to Yasmine, who refused to move from her spot. Bethany eventually pull Yasmine up and nearly sent her flying if Yasmine hadn’t crashed into Rachel. They both tumbled over and the stack of gifts showered down on them.

            “…Ow…” the two said.

            “Guys no time for a nap come on!” Jaya said. Yasmine and Rachel were pulled up and pushed outside to get onto a bus.

~ ~ ~

            The girls had eaten their fill and were now going towards the hotel Yasmine’s mom was so kind as to get them. They were walking till Rylie heard something in the bushes. She quickly turned and didn’t see anything.

            “Come on Rylie!” Jaya called.

Rylie ignored the mysterious rustle but something grabbed her ankle, pulling her down. Rylie screamed and her friends quickly turned. Yasmine ran towards her and grabbed Rylies wrist, trying to pull her free. Whatever had Rylie tightened its grip, moaning and growling. Rylie then felt it bite down on her ankle, she screamed in pain.

            “HELP!” Yasmine called towards her friends. The others ran towards them, Bethany and Rachel helping Yasmine pull and Jaya stomping on the hand that had Rylie. It soon let go and the four flew into the street, rolling to a stop. Thinking it was over, headlights suddenly appeared.

            “GET OUT OF THE ROAD!” Jaya screamed. The girls quickly got up and ran, Yasmine carrying Rylie on her back. The four girls ran towards Jaya, the car driving after them apparently not carrying it wrecked many lawns as it drove after them. They jumped over a fence, Yasmine falling over.

            “Sorry Yasmine.” Rylie said as Yasmine tried getting up. Yasmine got herself up as her friends ran into the forest ahead of her.

            “Since when is there a forest in Phoenix?!” Jaya nearly screamed. They all slowed down as the roaring of the car faded away. Yasmine set Rylie down and the girls gathered around Rylie’s ankle. It was bleeding horribly, so to slow the bleeding Yasmine ripped off the sleeves of her shirt and wrapped them around Rylie’s ankle. They crowded around Rylie and Rylie said “What the hell was that?!”

            “I-I don’t know!” Yasmine said she was pacing around them all to calm herself. “This is the scariest birthday I’ve ever had.”

            “Yasmine, your phone!” Bethany said pointing to the phone dangling around her neck. “Call the police!”

            “Oh right!” Yasmine said, taking out her phone and dialing the polices number. She put her phone on speaker and they listened intensely.

911 emergency the voice said on the other line.

            “HELP US!” Yasmine screamed into her phone but received a slap on the head. Jaya snatched the phone from Yasmine and said “We’re being chased by a bunch of weird people that want us killed!”

Where are you? The operator said.

            “I-I don’t know, in a forest.” Jaya said, Rachel took the phone from her.

            “You can locate us with Yasmine’s phone right?” Rachel asked.

Yes we can, just don’t panic! The operator said.

            “Send a doctor too!” Jaya said, taking the phone back. “One of our friends is bleeding in her ankle and she needs help!”

We’re on our way, just stay where you are! The operator said.

The police hanged up leaving the girls trembling and huddled together. Rylie remained in the middle of the group, gripping her ankle to slow the bleeding. Jaya froze when she heard a rustle from behind, picking up a large tree root a few feet away. Something suddenly pounced, its razor sharp claws high in the air. Jaya hit the unknown creature to the ground and Bethany picked up a rather large rock, throwing it at its head. The creature groaned in pain as it retreated back into the forest.

            “What was that?” Yasmine asked.

            “I-I don’t know.” Jaya said, trembling. “Did we kill it?”

            “I don’t think so.” Bethany said.

Rachel was suddenly tackled to the ground and something was trying to bite at her neck. Rachel screamed as she tried pushing the beast off her.

            “KISHIN!” Yasmine screamed.

            “What, those don’t things don’t exist!” Bethany screamed.

Rachel screamed as the kishin put its claws at her throat. Raising a clawed hand to slice off Rachel’s head, Rachel just closed her eyes. The kishin suddenly backed away as Yasmine jumped onto it, head locking it and leaning back so it would walk backwards. The two suddenly fell, the kishin trying to squirm out of Yasmine’s grip. It waved its clawed hands in the air, Yasmine receiving scratches. Jaya loomed over them and slammed the two with her giant tree root.

            “OW, JAYA!” Yasmine screamed, her nose now bleeding.

            “Sorry.” Jaya said. The kishin then slapped her in the ankles and she fell over. It grabbed Yasmine by the shoulder, digging its claws into her flesh making her scream. It threw Yasmine into a tree, her blood flying everywhere. Rachel quickly got up and went to Yasmine, trying to shake her awake.

            “Yasmine, Yasmine wake up!” Rachel screamed. Rylie suddenly screamed as the kishin lifted her up and threw her into a tree. Bethany and Jaya lay lifeless on the floor; the kishin only had its eyes on Rylie.

What a delicious looking soul and I have a whole buffet waiting to be eaten. The kishin said, its mouth watering at the sight of all these weak girls. Rylie tried scurrying away but her ankle still hurt. The kishin pushed her down and was about to jab Rylie in the heart till the kishin instead screamed in pain. It released Rylie and Rylie crumbled to the floor, breathing heavily. Rylie spotted a girl with droopy pigtails wearing a platted mini skirt and long sleeved white shirt with a yellow vest over it. A black and red scythe in her hands and she wore a long black over coat, bulky metal shoes on her feet. The kishin fell, lifeless at Rylies feet and turned into a red glowing ball.

            “Yum, dinner!” a voice said. The scythe then turned into a boy with white hair, wearing a black jacket with a short sleeved shirt, blue jeans and sneakers. He ate the soul and licked his lips in satisfaction. He dusted himself off and said “Thanks for the meal.”

            “That’s sixty three, Soul.” The girl said, and then looked down at Rylie. “Oh god, are you okay?”

            “No!” Rylie said. “N-Neither are my friends!”

The two looked around, finding most of Rylie’s friends bleeding. Rachel was covering Yasmine’s wound and trying to slow the bleeding, Jaya and Bethany lay on the ground looking dead. The girl ran to Jaya and felt her neck.

            “She’s still alive.” The girl said, going to Bethany. “She’s alive as well.”

            “Maka, call Shinigami-sama.” Soul said. “They need medical help!”

Maka took out a mirror and fogged up the mirror with her breath. She then wrote down the numbers 42-42-564. A faint ringing filled the air and the two seemed to be crossing their fingers.

Hello? Said a rather funny voice, almost like a cartoon.

            “Shinigami-sama, we need a portal back to Shibusen!” Maka said.

            “We have five horribly injured girls on our hands, three of them are unconscious but two of them are still awake.” Soul said. “Can you do it?”

Of course I can, I’m Shinigami-sama! The voice said. Just hang on.

The mirror sparked before a giant vortex opened. Soul and Maka both took a girl, throwing them onto their shoulders and entered the vortex. Rylie and Rachel didn’t have time to take in the scenery; they passed out as soon as the two took a step in.

 



© 2011 Imagination-mage


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You need to continue this and get to the part were I come in!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
1 Review
Added on May 31, 2011
Last Updated on May 31, 2011


Author

Imagination-mage
Imagination-mage

Suna, AZ



About
I'm a young mage who enjoys creating adventure, romance, horror (if i can) and sometimes a good angst. i do hope you can enjoy the stories i create, everyone enjoy! more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Imagination-mage