Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chaptire Fourteen

Chaptire Fourteen

A Chapter by Imagination-mage

Three weeks passed for the girls and two boys, Lali’s training had been improving for the past three weeks to the point where she could attack and defend herself. It was a normal, sunny day for them. Nicky was meditating in the forest, Lali and Kuro reading on spells, Kana was out shopping and Sam came down with a fever. As for Bubbles, she remained in her house. Bubbles was trying to contact her father but nothing came up, trying her mother then two brothers but no response. She then heard the sound of knocking on her door. She sighed angrily and walked towards the door, opening the door and peeking through the crack only seeing Lali.

            “Hi.” Lali said.

            “What do you want?” Bubbles asked curtly.

            “I brought you some food.” Lali said, giving Bubbles a sun shiny smile. Bubbles only glared and looked at the plate full of food. By the smell of it, it was Kana’s cooking making Bubbles drool, Bubbles quickly snatching the food and returning inside. Lali only giggled as she rose and called back “The foods a bit cold so warm it up.”

Bubbles listened as Lali made her way back inside. Bubbles looked at the food on the plate, a stack of pancakes with scrambled eggs and bacon. She ate a slice of bacon, her face showing disgust.

            “It is cold…” Bubbles said. She set her plate down and went outside her house. She picked branches from their tree and began making a fire.

 

            Kuro’s nose wrinkled as his head shot up, cat ears appearing on his head. Lali jumped at the sudden move and asked “What’s wrong?”

            “Something’s not right…” Kuro said, scratching behind his ear. He rose to his feet and looked around the house, sniffing the air. Lali watched him, curious.

            “What is it?” Lali asked again.

The front door suddenly barged open and Kana screamed “FIRE!!!”

The three raced to the back, finding Bubbles’s small dog house on fire. Lali screamed, Kuro gripping his hair tightly and Kana only staring excitedly at the fire. She raced towards it, Lali reaching out and screaming “Kana, no!!”

Kana inhaled the fire, it getting sucked up inside her. The fire soon was swallowed up by Kana who wiped her mouth, licking her chin once the fire was out.

            “Delicious…” Kana giggled, her cat eyes gleaming. Lali felt a shiver run up her spine by the sound of Kana’s voice. Kuro released a sigh and they found Bubbles sitting on a pile ash, covering in soot.

            “WHAT THE--” Kuro roared but Lali covered his mouth before he could curse. Lali ran to Bubbles and asked “You okay?”

            “I’m fine!” Bubbles said, edging away from Lali. Lali seemed a bit hurt but soon smiled and replied “Thank goodness.”

            “Don’t favor the mutt!” Kana said, grabbing Lali by her shirt and pulling her back, making her stand and standing beside her. She glared down at Bubbles who only glared back. Lali got between them and said “Come on Bubbles, we’ll take you to your new room.”

            “We have another room?” Kuro asked with a raised eyebrow.

            “Yeah, the basement.” Lali replied and turned back to Bubbles. “That sound good?”

            “I guess…” Bubbles said and followed Lali inside, Kana and Kuro the only two outside now. Kuro chuckled under his breath, getting his sisters attention.

            “What?” Kana asked.

            “If I didn’t know better, I’d think you were jealous of all the attention Bubbles gets from Lali.” Kuro said soon getting punched in the shoulder but being unfazed by it.

            “I just don’t understand how she likes the beast more then me!” Kana said and marched back inside. Kuro only shook his head and followed, his hands deep in his pockets as closed the screen door with his foot.

~ * ~

            In the deserts of Nevada, there was a cathedral of a castle, a school meant for the gifted. And by gifted, they mean the stranded demons who roamed the Earth. These demons were half breeds, capable of transforming into weapons. The school was large, skulls on the front with giant candles on the side with lit flames that swallowed the unwanted guests that dared crossed. Now, headmaster of this amazing school was none other then the Grim Reaper also king of Jared. His wife had long ago died of grief since her children’s betrayal. The Grim Reaper was signing papers in his office, the room was dark and souls hugged the floor and his robes, his desk a floating coffin that held his wife’s copse. Purple flames were hanging in the air, flickering faintly as he signed paper from paper.

            “Grim Reaper, more papers.” A young boy intruded. He had blond hair and wore a white long sleeved dress shirt with a black vest over, tight jeans on and normal sneakers on his feet, his blond hair covering his eyes and large headphones over his ears. She set the large stack of papers in from of the Reaper who groaned at the sight of them, the spirits following.

            “God damned papers.” The Reaper grumbled. “Eibon how’s my son?”

            “Which one?” The boy, Eibon, asked.

            “You know which one.” The Reaper said, he sounded tired and aggravated, the flames in the room growing larger. Eibon chuckled under his breath and said “You’re sons in the highest room in the tallest tower of the school, just like you requested.”

            “You make him sound like a damsel in distress.” The Reaper said, leering at the boy now who only smiled childishly. “You resemble Lali everyday.”

            “Do I now?” Eibon asked cutely, finger on chin and striking a pose. The Reaper only glared and Eibon responded “Cutting Kidd off from all news of Lali’s whereabouts won’t last forever.”

            “It’ll have to do, until he’s of age!” The Reaper said.

            “Or until you suddenly keel over and die.” Eibon said, the winds in the air picking up and the fires roaring as they burst alive, Eibon completely unfazed by it.

            “You and I both know you can’t kill me…” Eibon said smugly, his eyes suddenly revealed from his bangs; they were a light blue with a dash of crimson. His eyes gleamed as his smirk grew wider, the winds dying down and the Reaper calming himself. Eibon chuckled again and said “I am the one who knows all including your faith….In fact the worlds in general…”

The Reaper caught the book that Eibon held in his hand, it was thick and note pads of different colors were sticking out, marking different places. The cover was black and the paper yellow from all the years of use and reuse. The Reaper leaned back into his large leathered chair and massaging his temples.

            “As long as Kidd remains in his room everything should be fine.” The Reaper said. Eibon merely giggled, returning to his childish attitude. He strode across the darkened room and leaned on the reapers desk, rubbing his finger over the cover of the coffin.

            “She’ll come to him then.” Eibon brought up. “Or Kuro will force her to come.”

The Reaper glared daggers at Eibon who only smiled sweetly.

            “Don’t you have someone to babysit?” The Reaper asked.

            “EIBON!!” a voice cried from far off. Eibon rolled his eyes and walked on. He walked down the empty halls of the school, running to the highest tower of the school. He dug through his pocket, pulling out a golden key and placed it inside the metal door that was the said heir to either planet Jared or the school. The door opened, cold air blowing at Eibon.

            “Young Master, you called?” Eibon asked.

            “What did father say this time?” a voice asked. The room was orderly, black and white, the bed perfectly made; windows and drapes aliened perfectly, shoes polished and color coded. A desk was at the head of a large family portrait, showing all the Reapers before the young mast who sat in a large throne like chair, golden rims and red cushions.

            “Just the same old things young master, is my son plotting to escape?” Eibon replied.

            “Don’t lie!” the young master said, rising from his seat. He moved out from behind the chair revealing a handsome young man, wearing a light green dress shirt with a dark green vest over, jeans under and a orange and red platted scarf around his mouth and red rimmed glasses over his eyes, hiding his hypnotic golden eyes.

            “Kidd, you’ve gotten pale.” Eibon said.

            “Doesn’t matter.” The young master, Kidd, replied. “Father won’t allow me to leave….”

Eibon hated seeing the young master like this. He flipped open his book and looked at the page, finding only the page of the Sarunians. He sighed and said “Young master, I’ll be out today. I’ll give you the usual check up.”

            “Alright.” Kidd replied, playing with his Newton Balls. Eibon swiped a camera from the shelf and left, locking the door behind him. He trotted down the stairs, grabbing a jacket and throwing it over his shoulders. He left school grounds and disappeared.

 

            “Okay Bubbles, here’s your new room!” Lali said, showing the basement to Bubbles. It was dark and almost gloomy with the dark atmosphere, dusty and having barely any lights. Bubbles inspected the room, not allowing her eyes to fall on Lali who only smiled brightly. Thunder crackled outside; apparently an unknown storm had decided to be on their side for that day.

            “I like it.” Bubbles said.

Lali only smiled brighter and said “You can tidy up, I’ll leave you be.”

Lali went up the stairs and closed the door, Bubbles inspecting the room she now had. She sneezed, rubbing her nose. Her nose then caught the smell of an unwanted smell.

            “I smell…Eibon…” Bubbles said, grinding her teeth.

 

            Nicky heard knocking on the door, Lali calling “I’ll get it!”

Nicky felt the unknown vibrations from the door, feeling a chill run up her spine. Lali arrived at the door, straightening out her hair before opening only to see a boy standing on the other side of their fence, wearing a dull poncho that covered every part of his body. Kuro looked up from the paper he was currently reading and Kana looked away from the peaches she was cooking with brown sugar.

            “Hello.” Lali said happily.

            “May I come in?” the boy asked, the rain really pouring down. Lali couldn’t see it, but a barrier was placed around their house to keep out unwanted demons that would thirst for her blood. It was invisible to the human eye, and since Lali didn’t really believe the physics of magic she couldn’t see it as well, but all who possessed magical abilities could see them.

            “Sure, I’ll make tea.” Lali said and left the door open, the barrier rippling. The boy stepped through, feeling a tingle run up his body as he made it through. He trotted quickly towards them and soon walked inside. Lali placed a towel over him and put some towels on the couch so he could sit.

            “So, may I ask, what’s your name?” Lali asked.

            “I would be Eibon.” Eibon replied, a glass suddenly breaking. Lali looked over in the kitchen and Kana was suddenly on high alert along with Kuro and Nicky.

            “Eibon?!” Kana said, releasing a loud scream in excitement. Lali covered her ears and Kuro only bellowed with laughter. Kana hopped over the counter and raced over to Eibon, placing herself right on his lap.

            “Where have you been all these years?!” Kuro asked.

            “Being the grim reapers bus boy.” Eibon replied, making Kuro laugh. “I heard you two have….a cousin?”

            “Yup, you’re looking at her.” Kuro said, pointing over at Lali who seemed unfamiliar with this family reunion. “Lali, this is Eibon the greatest friend you could possibly have on your side.”

            “Well I wouldn’t say greatest.” Eibon said. “Just amazing.”

Kuro laughed.

            “Eibon came to our planet to tell fortunes of the future or create the weapons we have.” Kana continued. “He’s amazing!”

            “Thank you.” Eibon said.

            “What happened man?” Kuro asked again. “After the whole Bubbles incident, you disappeared.”

Eibon’s smile was soon wiped off his face, pushing Kana off his lap and replying “I sold my services to the Grim Reaper.”

            “Why?!” Kana said.

            “I broke a law….” Eibon admitted. “As punishment I watch over the young master until he comes of age.”

            “Must suck…” Kuro said. “Watching over an untamed dog really stresses you out.”    

The heard a loud thunk from below the floor board, Eibon looking around in curiosity. Kuro only put his feet up on the coffee table and smiled.

            “Don’t mind the mutt, she’s just eavesdropping.” Kuro said. “So, what brings you here?”

            “I wanted to invite Miss Lali to my home in Nevada.” Eibon said, till the sound of a door being slammed open and angry footsteps filled the hall. Bubbles appeared, glaring down at Eibon who only gave her a leer and mischievous smile.

            “She’s not going.” Bubbles said coldly.

            “That’s not your decision.” Eibon countered and turned back to Lali who was shuffling in her seat. She twiddled with her thumbs and mumbled “Well I honestly can’t go.”

            “Why?” Eibon asked.

            “Well, I’d need Nicky’s permission.” Lali said.

            “No.” Nicky called from upstairs. “You need to help me fix Sam!”

There’s was heavy coughing to back Nicky’s request. Lali only sighed but laugh through closed lips, Eibon only smiling.

            “Well I must be going then.” Eibon said.

            “Aw, already?” Kana asked.

            “Yes, my master will be quite upset when he catches word that I left the castle without him.” Eibon said. “Lali, may I have a picture?”

            “Of course.” Lali replied.

Standing up and standing a good distance, Eibon pulled out a camera and looked at the screen, Lali smiling in her seat. There was a click and Eibon said “Got it.”

            “I do hope you can visit again.” Lali said.

            “Oh don’t worry.” Eibon said, opening the door and throwing on his poncho. “I will.”

* * *

            “Eibon, where the hell have you been?!” The Grim Reaper bellowed, Eibon letting himself into the darkened halls of Shibusen. He closed the doors and pulled the poncho off and set it on a coat rack. He walked down the halls and replied “I went to visit someone.”

            “Who?” The Reaper asked.

Eibon turned back, giving a mischievous smile and replied “Do you really want to know?”

The Reaper looked at Eibon skeptically till turning away and disappearing in the shadows. Eibon went to the tallest tower which contained Kidd, who was lying on his bed.

            “What is it Eibon?” Kidd asked. Eibon sat on the bed next to him and pulled out his camera and replied “I have someone you might like to see.”

He put his camera on preview mode and he came to Lali’s picture. Kidd’s eyes widened at her picture, soon sitting up and taking the camera from Eibon.

            “Wh-Who is this?” Kidd asked.

            “Her name is Lali.” Eibon replied. “She’s the one of the many prophecies.”

Kidd’s face heated up at her picture, her sun kissed skin, long blond hair tied into a high pony tail and smile that could brighten the dead itself.

            “I must meet her.” Kidd said.

            “You’re gonna have to figure that out on your own.” Eibon said, rising from his spot and heading towards the door. Kidd continued to gaze at the picture mumbling “Lali, Lali, Lali….”

I’m in love…. Kidd thought to himself happily. 



© 2011 Imagination-mage


Author's Note

Imagination-mage
yeah this is really late, sorry! once im done with P.E.T i'll return to this story!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on December 21, 2011
Last Updated on December 21, 2011


Author

Imagination-mage
Imagination-mage

Suna, AZ



About
I'm a young mage who enjoys creating adventure, romance, horror (if i can) and sometimes a good angst. i do hope you can enjoy the stories i create, everyone enjoy! more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Imagination-mage