Tree of Knowledge

Tree of Knowledge

A Chapter by Sara

She says "Just do it, kill me! What are you waiting for."

He looks at her with uneasy eyes. He was from the hood and couldn't contemplate with how this petite girl could possibly want to kill herself.

She took the revolver and pointed it towards herself.

"Hey, now what are you doing?"

The other boys just stood there in total astonishment. This five foot three blonde had gone crazy as this sudden obsession over death had taken control.

One of the boys, the tall one of the bunch with the green eyes and light brown skin yanked the revolver from her and she started crying and screaming.

"Please just kill me, you have the gun, just do it!"

She attempted to take it once again, the object that'll take her to her destination.

Project twenty four could no longer wait, she had made herself belief. She didn't have the potential for greatness. Some just don't have it in them.

Daniel watched as this tiny girl fiercely attack him to obtain the one object that was otherwise meant to protect his gang. A softer side of him called him to embrace the damsel in distress, and tell her that it would be alright.

And he did, surprising his boys who still stared in the most awkward astonishment. He swept her to his embrace and told her everything would be alright just like every single movie. It seems that cliche things were cliche for a reason. Sometimes they just work.

She didn't fight. She didn't even try and grasp the revolver once again. She just wept in this mysterious man's embrace.

Daniel had his father leave his mother at age thirteen, and witnessed his older brother get shot a year later. If anyone knew what it was like to crave that destination, it was him.

Once she let go, she was at her madness again. She gave him a promise; an ultimatum signifying her desperation.

"Kill me and take my savings and hide my body anywhere you like."

His boys still just stood there. They were tough but even they did not know how to handle, crazy little girls.

"I'll give you all of my information."

Outside, sure they looked like a gang and it wasn't too rare for white people to think that.

Inside, they were only teenage boys smoking up a blunt every now and then to let go of their worries. Sure they were from Brooklyn. Sure they followed the trend invented in prison. But they were only trying to be young boys and keep up with the latest hip hop trends.

"Would you like a place to stay? Do you have anywhere to go, beautiful?"

It was fascinating to see the suicidal still assemble a blush. But she just walked away like other than her plan, deathly intent, nothing else mattered.

Daniel trailed after her. The sidewalk was filled with all shades of orange to yellow as it marked the beginning of autumn. Beautiful trees overshadowed them, all blazing with different colors all yearning to tell a story of their own. There was still wind, as a breeze trailed Annabelle's blonde locks back.

Daniel decided that she looked like an 'Autumn', and that her strawberry blonde hair fit in perfectly with her surroundings. Her pale features and green eyes weren't slow at running his crazy imagination either. He imagined her as an earth goddess causing every breeze the faster she stepped and scurried off. Her moods made the skies foggier and the trees darker. And only on her death, would winter arrive.

"Why are you following me?"

"Damsels in distress shouldn't commit suicide. They should marry princes and live happily ever after"

"F**k off"

"You have quite the mouth for someone that looks this precious, say what, come grab a coffee with me and I'll listen to your stories with no judgment. Then you can decide whether you want to kill yourself."

She didn't have time for this. Why teenagers think they are a character from Shakesphere's plays, she didn't know. But he was eighteen or so looked like it, what could he possibly know about life. She was a good four years wiser.

She scurried off without replying back a single word.

Daniel didn't have a reputation for no reason.

"If I were going to die, take my last breath, I would want to live the lies of true love's first kiss."

With that statement being said, he lightly grabbed her and locked his lips to hers. She let him. She even swirled her tongue with his for a french kiss just like Zainab used to like it and Ben before her. She was the bad girl of her kind and she would probably be worse if she was born in this superficial, modernistic world and so would Zainab.

But as Zainab used to say, a balance of forces makes you wise. Having a taste of good and evil, good and bad makes you a better person. But too much knowledge makes you want to kill yourself. It's like being enlightened by the apple in the tree of knowledge. You die. It's like a curse you can never rid of.




© 2014 Sara


Author's Note

Sara
Give me advice for future descriptions. Ignore grammar problems for now. Just tell me what you think. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on November 4, 2014
Last Updated on November 4, 2014


Author

Sara
Sara

Toronto



Writing
Persona Persona

A Book by Sara