Chapter One (Old writing)

Chapter One (Old writing)

A Chapter by toloveistodestroy

Disclaimer: I don't own any characters and I am not making a profit.
The Morning Sun
Chapter One
“Renesmee, my sweet angel, you need to wake up,” My mother, Bella, says to me gently.
 
“Mmmf,” I mutter with my face pressed deeply into my pillow.
After several more attempts at waking me up, mother purses her lips together.  “Jasper! I need a little help up here!”
Crap! I hop up out of bed.  “I’m up, I’m up. Just don’t turn me into the Energizer Bunny again!”
Mother pats my head and skips out of the room.  “Vampires just don’t understand…” I mutter under my breath.
Every vampire in the house shouts, “I heard that!”
They really don’t, since none of them can really live back to the days where they were fifteen years old. Of course, technically I’m seven, but with my maturity level being so high (physically and mentally), I am thought of as fifteen. In two years, I will be full grown.
Last year a storm caused a tree to fall down onto our cottage, which destroyed it.  Instead of building a new house, my parents chose to move back in with everyone.  Uncle Jasper’s old office is now my bedroom.  Of course, I’ve refurnished it (with a little help from Auntie Alice).  The walls are a soft yellow, and the curtains are baby blue. Along with a blue bed, the other furniture in my room consists of a bookshelf, my mother’s old pine dresser from when she was a human, a flat screen TV, a maple bedside table, and a funky Technicolor lamp that Grandma Esme gave me for my birthday.  It’s a bit cramped, but it will do.
I stride over to my dresser and pull out a cute pink tank top and a mid-length white skirt with a lace hem. Auntie Alice helped raise me, so I have quite a keen eye for fashion, but I prefer to keep my dressing simple and pretty, not extravagant. I accessorize with a silver locket, and throw on some white flip flops. All ready for the day.
BAM. 
An earthquake-like shudder rips through my bedroom, and I jump three feet into the air. Two warm, callused hands cover my eyes. 
“Guess who,” Jacob whispers into my ear.
I bite my lip, “Joe Jonas?”
He laughs and says, “Nope.”
I turn around. “Much better,” I say with a smile.
Jacob wraps his arms around me and pulls me in for a kiss. I don’t recoil. His warm embrace fills me with life, and I mold myself into him, allowing him to kiss me passionately. As I’ve aged, our relationship has changed very much. It’s gone from protective brotherly figure to my true love. I still can’t get over the fact that he was once in love with my mother, though. He believes that it was because it was set in fate that she would have me, and so he had already sort of imprinted on me, and mistaken it for loving her.
After a couple minutes of kissing, Uncle Emmett walks into my room. “How’s it going, mutt?” 
I raise my eyebrows. “You talking to me, or him?”
Uncle Emmett rolls his eyes, “You’re hardly a mutt. The word is hybrid. The best word to describe you though, is a rascal!” He exclaims and messes up my hair. I stick my tongue out at him.
Jacob rubs his hands together, “So, whats for breakfast?”
Uncle Emmett smiles, “Werewolf, if you don’t get out of here before Edward comes back from hunting. He’ll still find out, but at least you won’t be in close proximity of him.”
“You’ve got a point there,” Jacob replies. Jacob leans into kiss me, but Uncle Emmett coughs. He hugs me instead. “Bye Ness!” He exclaims as he jumps out of my window. I shake my head and laugh.
Uncle Emmett puts an arm around me and leads me downstairs towards the living room. He clears his throat, although he doesn’t physically need to, and says to me, “You aren’t really going to marry that mutt, are you?”
I scoff at him and stop walking.  “It’s true love. He imprinted on me, so I know it is.  I’m in love with him, too.  It’s special, like you and Aunt Rosalie.  Or my parents. We’re supposed to be together,” I tell him.  I glance down at the promise ring he gave me and smile.  He made it himself, with wood, and then he carved our names into it.
“Look, Nessie,” he replies, “I just think you need to explore your options.  You have a chance to live like a normal human once you’re full grown.  Don’t let the opportunity fly by. You don’t have to be settled down at seventeen.  Go to college, meet other guys.  Have some fun.”
I purse my lips, “Uncle Emmett! I don’t want to.  Everything I could ever want is here! I have endless possibilities.  There will be time for me to venture out into the world and explore, but for now, I have all I need here. Understood?”
He rolls his eyes. “Fine, understood,” He agrees with an irked look on his face.
We walk down the rest of the stairs, where Auntie Alice meets us with her arms crossed.
Well, I’m in trouble. I know exactly why she’s mad.
“There is NO WAY that you are wearing that ugly shirt tomorrow! It is not CUTE or CHARMING or FUNNY to wear a shirt with Hello Kitty on it! It looks like a steaming pile of glittery manure!” Auntie Alice exclaims in a high pitched voice.
At five feet six inches and 130 pounds, I am quite larger than her, but that doesn’t keep me from being terrified of her. “Fine, Auntie Alice,” I huff.
She grins and twirls in the air like a ballerina. “Fabulous!” She puts a finger on my chest lightly, “Saturday is girls day. We’re shopping in Port Angeles. Don’t miss it.” 
Uncle Emmett smirks and walks away. 
Auntie Alice glides away from the staircase, beckoning me to follow her. We end up in a bench in the backyard that is covered in vines and tucked away in rose bushes. 
Auntie Alice puts her hands on mine and asks me, “So, hon, have you given any thought to whether you want to visit Renee this summer or not?”
“Oh!” The question takes me by surprise. I tuck some of my mahogany colored hair behind my hair, a nervous habit. “Well, to be honest I haven’t. I’m not quite sure what to tell her about…well, why I’m fifteen and not, like, five.”
“Well, we were planning to tell her what we told Charlie when he came to visit,” she reassures me.
I bite my lip, “I suppose that would be fine. So it’s set, I will go to Jacksonville.”
Alice grins, “Good! I’ll go tell Edward.” She skips off, calling out to my father in a shrill voice.
I’ve never met Renee before, and I’m kind of scared too. I’ve heard many things about her, and she seems lovely. I don’t want to scare her off, or blow our entire cover and put her and everyone else in jeopardy. 
As long as everyone keeps the story straight though, I will be fine.
Probably.


© 2013 toloveistodestroy


Author's Note

toloveistodestroy
Remember, its a fan fic.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
Added on December 31, 2010
Last Updated on March 7, 2013


Author

toloveistodestroy
toloveistodestroy

IL



About
Hi I'm Hannah! I'm fifteen and a Freshman in high school. My current obsessions are The Mortal Instruments and The Vampire Diaries. I'm a sucker for YA novels. I started out this account on here wh.. more..

Writing