We have to go

We have to go

A Chapter by Ari and Hyde

Kevin looked over at Arianna nervously. He wasn't sure how to tell her, or how she'd react. Arianna was his friend, smart and sensible. And what Kevin had to tell her was under no circumstances 'sensible'. Arianna looked over at him and raised her eyebrows.

"Kevin? Are you alright?" She asked. Kevin shrugged.

"Fine. I just need to tell you something important." Arianna leaned against the counter.

"Okay, go ahead." Kevin sighed.

"We need to leave XIM." He said flatly. Arianna blinked. She frowned at Yifan. XIM was the corporation he and Arianna worked for. They had found twelve people with special powers, people that had come from other planets, and dubbed them Exoteers. It meant they were from exo planets. And it was basically a nice term for aliens.
But XIM and taken them in, training them to know how use their powers. They'd been with XIM years, practicing and perfecting their powers until they has reached their full ability. That hadn't happened yet though. But XIM had never acted bitter about that. They just always said that they'd get better. And they had.
Kevin had met Arianna at one point in the halls. They'd bumped into each other while trying to get to practice. After that they'd become steady friends. They hadn't met any of the other members of the group XIM had put together, but they'd seen pictures and heard names.
But recently Kevin's trainer had been acting odd. A little colder towards him, when they'd become friends a long time ago. It was then that Kevin started listening in on XIM meetings. Then he'd found out the secret. Why they were there. What XIM was planning. He had to go before SM started their plan, or worse, found out that he knew. But he had to tell Arianna, he couldn't leave without at least attempting to save his friend. But Arianna wasn't one to usually believe something like this without a reason.

"Why?" She asked, looking confused and suspicious.

"XIM... Isn't what you think. They're planning on using us. As human weapons. To take over other countries and planets. I overheard them speaking in a meeting. Arianna, we aren't safe here. You have to believe me, I don't want you to be hurt!" Arianna stared at him. Yifan felt a bit anxious. Would she believe him?

"Kevin... I can't leave." She said finally. Kevin let out a breath.

"You don't believe me do you..." He said softly. Arianna shook her head quickly.

"No! You haven't lied to me before! And it's obvious how sincere you are. It's because I do believe you that I need to stay." Kevin frowned.

"Arianna, that doesn't make sense." He protested.

"Yes, it does." She said firmly. "I need to find out more about this. Maybe there's a way to stop them. We won't be truly safe unless they're stopped. They could always catch us again. Then we'll be in serious trouble, because we ran away. We might be able to stop them and live safely. Besides, there are other people with powers, remember? Ten others. They'll need to be warned. Some of them might not quite believe it though, so I'll need proof. Real proof that explains everything and makes them believe." Kevin nodded. Then a thought hit him.

"What if you're caught, though? Then they might kill you!" He asked.

"I won't be caught. And if it gets too dangerous for me then I'll leave. But I'm going to leave notes for the other people. I know they'll find them." Kevin opened his mouth then closed it. He didn't want to leave Arianna behind in the hands of SM, but it was obvious there would be no fighting over this.

"Alright... Just, promise me something." Arianna nodded. "If they ask, tell them that I'm headed to... Let's say, Beijing. Pretend that you're loyal to them. Pretend that you got into a fight with me or something before I left and then tell them I said I was going there. If they think you refused to go with me then they'll suspect you less. You'll be safer trying to find out their secrets."

"Okay. As long as you tell me where you're really going." Kevin gave a slight smile.

"San Fransisco. They won't find me there."

"San Fransisco? That might be hard to get too, Kevin. But I know you'll manage it."

"Don't call me Kevin anymore. I need a new name, so it will be harder for them to find me. Plus I don't think 'Kevin' really suits me." Arianna laughed before speaking.

"How about... Kris? Spelled K-R-I-S?" Kevin nodded again, with a small smile.

"Kris." He repeated. "I like that. And Arianna, you might need a different name too." Arianna shrugged.

"I kind of like the sound of the name Eira. It has a bit of the Arianna sound, but it's prettier. Also, it means ice." Kevin, no, Kris laughed and gave her a thumbs up.

"Good luck, Eira." He said. Eira grinned at him.

"Good luck, Kris."




Two months later
Eira walked through the halls quickly, a file hidden in her bag. This was bad. She'd done what she'd said she would. She'd found out the full truth. And it was worse than Kris could have ever imagined in his life. She took a deep breath. She knew what she had to do.

Suddenly a hand grabbed her shoulder. She turned to see his trainer, smiling at her.

"Hello Arianna." He said. Eira quickly gave a small bow.

"Hello Teacher." She answered in a friendly voice. Just looking at him, knowing what he was planning, made her sick. It was wrong. It was horrible.

"You seem in a hurry." The man said tilting his head. Eira gave a shy smile.

"I'm just going to my room. I forgot to turn something off though, so I'm a bit worried." She lied, sounding completely truthful. Thank God that she was a good liar.

"Ah, okay then." His trainer nodded. "You'd better get going then." Eira nodded and hurried away, letting out a breath. When she entered his room she locked the door behind herself. She hadn't realized how bad things were before. She had to warn the other ten. She couldn't let them become victims in this sick plan.

She sat down at her desk an pulled the file out. She set it down and got out a paper and pencil. She paused for a second, wondering how to start.
Exoteer, she wrote finally



You are in danger. XIM is not what you think. They have tricked us.
They aren't here to help us, they're here to hurt us. A friend of mine,
a member of Exoteers, overheard them in a meeting. They were talking
about their plan, a plan to use us as human weapons. To use us
to take over the world. As stupid as this sounds, it's true.
They want to take over each country and then whatever is beyond earth.
They're going to make us think like soldiers, like puppets.
They'll force us into battle, where we could take many lives.
My friend told me this, right before he left. I told him I'd stay behind, find
out more, warn you, and leave. That's what I'm doing. What I found out
is even worse than my friend or could have ever imagined.
After we've helped them take over Earth and whatever is beyond here, they are planning on killing us.
Draining our powers and killing us, in case we ever planned against them.
If you stay, you'll die. The only way to be safe is to leave, and to hide.
My friend went to San Francisco, and that's where I'm going.
I'm leaving ten notes, no more than that. They're all hidden.
If you find another note, then leave it, exactly where you found it,
But take the first note you find. It lessens the chance of XIM
finding a note. I'm going to go now. Try to find us. My friend now answers to Kris.
If you meet him, and he doesn't trust you, then show him your note.
Goodbye and good luck,
Eira


© 2015 Ari and Hyde


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on April 8, 2015
Last Updated on April 8, 2015


Author

Ari and Hyde
Ari and Hyde

About
My name is Ari. I'm fifteen years old. I suck at writing descriptions about myself, but I'm pretty good at other kinds of writing ^^" more..

Writing
Twelve Twelve

A Book by Ari and Hyde