Silent Pray

Silent Pray

A Story by Kotryna
"

A short story about loosing the one you love. One of my very first writing attempts in English.

"

Silent Pray


She was dancing in a field full of daisies. Her bare feet touched the green grass so gently, so respectfully, her dreamy eyes saw something in between heaven and hell. She smiled at me and flipped her long hair that gleamed in an evening sun. She was free.


*


Sun is setting and the golden light colors every single roof I can see. Time passes without noticing, second after second we’re closer to the night, to the darkness, to sleep without dreams.  But even if just for a moment we still stand here by the window side by side, together. Only cold coffee in our cups reminds that even those things we absolutely adore sometimes can pass away unnoticed, forgotten and not appreciated.

 The whole universe shrinks sometimes to the size of one single person standing there in front of you close enough to feel her breath on your skin, which brings tears in your eyes for every time you took these moments for granted. I look at that sweet smiling face on the window glass and my hand lands on that gentle creature causing her eyes to close and a tiny tear to fall down. ‘We’ll be alright,’ I want to say, but I can’t. We won’t be alright but we will be.


*


I feel so small standing here in his arms, two little helpless people holding tight onto each other for the last time. How I wish to stay here forever, to never part, to never lose him and be lost by him. But life is never fair, it’s never easy and all we can do is to accept life as it comes and goes, and to appreciate every moment we have until it too slips away. This moment is all that’s left of my eternity and I close my eyes letting go everything now but him. Four closed blue eyes becomes an ocean for a moment.


*


Her head presses harder against my chest and I can feel her slipping away, the magic of her laughter, the light of her dreams and thoughtfulness of her eyes - now it’s all fading away. I hold that girl as tight as I can, praying for one more minute, one more tiny second to feel her here with me, not as a memory, but as a breathing and loving soul who still belongs here on Earth with me. Her heart is beating hard and suddenly that’s the only sound I want to hear in the world. Her heartbeat becomes the only sound I need to hear in the years and years to come. But sun is almost gone…


She’s weak. We sit on the floor in front of our all-facing window and the very last glimpses of the tired sun beams gently surround us. I kiss her forehead and her eyes become wet. She curls in my hands and surrenders. I press and press and press her against me but she keeps slipping away. We both cry without tears, without sound.


I know it’s time, but one last minute with her is worth more than entire life without her and I close my eyes and sign up the Devine contract with the Devil. Now this is it, she’s safe in my arms for one more precious minute, sixty seconds of a silent I love you.


One minute after the sunset the scent of daisy field lingers away and we both die forever. 

© 2014 Kotryna


Author's Note

Kotryna
Please comment! I'm perfectly ok with criticism and I'll be happy to hear both positive and negative opinions. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really lovely opening Kotryna :) I loved how you made a vivid picture out of your words :) Ohh I nearly forgot hehe lovely heading :) Wow strong and heartfelt story wow!! The last line got me a bit but it satisfied as a closure well done :) thanks for sharing !! And I have to add for first attempt not bad, not bad at all :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I loved this and reminds me od a song called Slip Away:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kotryna

10 Years Ago

Glad you liked it! And yeas, 'what would I give for just a few moments,' never heard this song befor.. read more
0000000000000000000000000000

10 Years Ago

Smilesssssssssssssssss Thank you same here:)
Short, but understood the meaning.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kotryna

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Very brilliantly written and gripping, looking forward to read more of your work. Bravo

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kotryna

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind words :)
A. Amos

10 Years Ago

You're most welcome
Touching, beautifully crafted piece..enjoyed :) x

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kotryna

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much! :)
First attempt in English? I am quite impressed :) this is very wonderful :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kotryna

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :))))

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 31, 2014
Last Updated on January 31, 2014
Tags: relationships, loss, love, goodbye, life, values

Author

Kotryna
Kotryna

Vilnius, Lithuania



Writing
Oak trees Oak trees

A Story by Kotryna


Winter Song Winter Song

A Story by Kotryna



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Excess Excess

A Poem by Rita L. Sev


Gravity Gravity

A Poem by Rita L. Sev