Cruelly Beautiful

Cruelly Beautiful

A Poem by Doku
"

Losing sight...

"
I hide myself in the dark; those in the light know we die in the dark. There’s only artificial light here, my flaws hide well here. Fill this space with idle words, raise me up to live again, all of them are gone. The idle words forsake me and I am left to face me, I’m held accountable. Forsaken here by the dark, by the dark, damn the dark!
Someday you’ll die, and I’ll be close behind, I’ll follow you into the dark. If there’s no one beside you when your soul embarks, then I’ll follow you into the dark.
I always keep thinking; what a great place to leave. I’d trade it all to have you all here with me.
Stuck in reverse, you lose something you can’t replace. You love someone but it goes to waste, but you’re too in love to let it go; tears stream down your face. I can’t remember when I didn’t live through this disguise, the words you said to me they couldn’t set me free. Do we know what we’re fighting for? The storm is rolling in the thunder is loud against my ears; I’m paying for my sins, and it’s going to rain for years. We never knew what we had in store…
Every night I talk to the stars pretending it’s you…it acts just like you though…far away and never replies to my questions. I’ve left behind memories, lost to the new ones.

© 2011 Doku


Author's Note

Doku
A tragic day once lived...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Should check your e-mail more often = (

Posted 12 Years Ago


Do you need a hug? = (

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 5, 2011
Last Updated on June 5, 2011

Author

Doku
Doku

About
If you want to chat one on one...e-mail: [email protected] more..

Writing
Tragedy Tragedy

A Poem by Doku