Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Inkmoon
"

You have got to be kidding me

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Prologue

I was sitting in class and it was as boring as ever. As usual I had my hood up and my face covered. I had a nose stud and a lip ring. My red hair was tied at the back of my head and my blue eyes stared out the window with no direction. My black, oversized pullover hid my body till my knees and under my baggy pullover I wore torn, jean shorts. My pale legs were thin and weak. My complexion was pale itself. I listened to Maroon 5 on my I-pod with the volume was turned up to the highest. Thank god I sat at the back of the room, that Mr. Reynolds was really stupid and that nobody pays attention to me.

“Now, let me return your Geometry tests”, he said with his strange voice that sounded like it came from his nose. I groaned and pulled my gaze back to my table. Mr. Reynolds stood in front of my desk and snorted before throwing the test on my table. As I flipped it over I saw a huge F written on it with red marker. I didn’t expect any better.

After school at 17 oclock I went to my usual bar called HOT PINK and slouched on the closest couch. I threw my torn bag next to my feet and tried to relax. An elderly waitress in net-stockings, a red miniskirt and bunny ears walked over to me leaving me a glass of whiskey. She was actually quite kind if you thought about it. I sat up and took a few sips of my whiskey. I know a sixteen year old shouldnt drink alcohol but there was nobody who that would bother. The only problem was that I tended to get drunk pretty quickly, thats why I always drank slowly. By the time I had left the HOT PINK I was really drunk, who cared? My apartment was close so I walked. I walked into a lot of people and trees and other things… but again, who cares? I was dizzy and couldnt even find a way to walk in a straight line. After I found my mailbox which read:” Winter Darling”

What a stupid name, don’t you agree? I mean Winter, stands for snow and pure white, innocence. Darling, standing for a sweetheart, a child or a lover. All terms that have no connection to me at all. My parents are dead and all I have are their savings and my dog Cotton, a gigantic Labrador. Whoopee.

After I got into the apartment after many tries of getting the key into the keyhole, I dropped all my things on the floor and fell asleep. Cotton climbed on my bed and fell asleep near my feet, even though I reeked of alcohol.

 

That’s when it all started

 

In my head I saw my apartment and I was sitting in my bed. A hollowness making me feel numb. Suddenly there stood a boy in front of the big glass window in my room. His hair was a golden colour and his eyes were green. He had a very good build. He was wearing a Peter Pan costume though, which made him look very weird. I pulled my covers tighter around me and stared at the boys grinning face. Slowly the boy lifted of the ground and flew over to my bed. I moved over a bit and the boy was floating above me.

“ Hello Winter, my name is Percy Pan. It is a pleasure to meet you. I must admit I had something else in mind when I heard your name. Well then shall we go?”, he said taking hold of my wrist. This whole time his stupid grin just didn’t want to vanish.

I narrowed my eyes and said:” Why should I go with a suspicious looking person like you? A person who calls himself Percy Pan? Isn’t it supposed to be Peter Pan? Any way I am not going anywhere.”

Percy grinned and laughed.

Then I woke up.

I was bathed in a cold sweat. I had a bad headache, guessing it was a hangover. I checked my alarm clock and it showed 3 AM. So I went to have a short shower to clear my mind. AT this time of day you only get cold water, but I didn’t mind. It helped me wake up. I was just thankful that today was Saturday; weekend.

Then it struck me….

I actually had a dream.

I hadn’t had a real dream since my parents had died. I mean it wasn’t really a nightmare because, trust me, I’ve seen worse…



© 2012 Inkmoon


Author's Note

Inkmoon
please excuse grammar. Is it any good?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on April 5, 2012
Last Updated on April 5, 2012
Tags: Hook


Author

Inkmoon
Inkmoon

Zürich, Switzerland



About
I just wanna write more..

Writing
Little girl Little girl

A Poem by Inkmoon