Dr. Relling's Secret

Dr. Relling's Secret

A Poem by Daywalker
"

The secret to happiness is...

"

At certain times I am certain of the things for which I am certain of. I do not pretend that I know everything, but I can say that I do know the secret to happiness. And in any case, my mind seems to revolve around the things that matter to me or gives me pleasure to think about, which is part of the reason why I am so full of joy. Now do not pretend to know what I am talking about, because I have obviously not gotten to the point yet. The point is that I’m in a situation where I do not know whether I should share my wealth or keep it for selfish reasons. I’m sure many of us have faced this difficult question before, and before you answer I want you to take a walk in my shoes. The funny thing is that you have no idea where these shoes have been, and in fact, if they’re even mine. You question my insanity as I ramble on about one thing and then the next, but I tell you, if you can understand this then you can understand me. I know the secret to happiness, but should I share it? Will the secret vary upon different people? Will the secret cause some to stumble? Will it make me look like a fool? And if I do tell it, then it will not be a secret anymore, and is that what I want? In some cases yes, in some cases no. But I will keep the secret to myself until I know that in front of me there is someone who needs it. I’m sorry my friends, but in this case, you’ll have to find it on your own. Maybe someday it will come to you, and then you’ll thank me for not telling you. And then you’ll know real joy, because it’s something you’ll have to find on your own.

© 2011 Daywalker


Author's Note

Daywalker
I'm sorry if you were let down on this one. Maybe I'll write another poem some day that will tell you more on the subject...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on May 21, 2011
Last Updated on May 21, 2011

Author

Daywalker
Daywalker

Stalker..... , OR, Australia



About
My name is Alison, I'm only 14, and I love life. My dream is to become published, and someday made a difference in this word. I love to travel, I love adventure, I love to be different. I will w.. more..

Writing
Madison Madison

A Story by Daywalker


Unique Unique

A Poem by Daywalker


While While

A Poem by Daywalker