One

One

A Chapter by A.T.

She looked up as an obnoxious laugh sat down. He stared at Her with soul-stopping brown eyes. It was calculating of this new "pet"; was She a keeper?
She glanced away first.
"How did you get those scars?" this other girl -Brandy- asked.
"Friction."
"Show me?"
She glanced around, hearing silence in every word thrown around Her. "You take a pencil and just scrape." She looked up uneasily to unaccepting stares. Contempt and judgement for the first to take harm on skin in school. "Just. like. this." She took the eraser to the back of Her hand, watching it tear into flesh, shavings mixing with the curls of Her delicate skin. 
"What the hell are you doing?"
The young girl jumped at the sudden sound. "What? Oh. OH. I was just, erm, trying to erase something I wrote on my hand."
"I don't think so," demeaning and disapproving with no sense of sympathy, "I'm calling the counselor," standard protocol. "Name?" 
"Is-"
"B***h," he said. Not a single stutter in his syllables.
"Excuse me?" the monitor hissed.
"Go the f**k away," he licked his lips beastly. Death shot, "Get out, pubic hair."
She glanced up from Her soft puppy cower to see him smirk at Her as he tormented the staff further.
"This is not your space or table. Now do I have to press charges for trespassing on private property?" He only got disbelieving stares from students at his authoritarian act. This wasn't his game to play. "Or does lil Miss wanna file for a restraining order?"
"John!" The monitor stood statue still, but if you looked close you could see her insides quiver.
"Yes?" he said insolently. 
"Office!"


© 2013 A.T.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on December 17, 2013
Last Updated on December 17, 2013
Tags: speak, friction, burns, boys, abuse, sad, story


Author

A.T.
A.T.

South Glens Falls, NY



About
Do not cage me and quote my words. body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/nature/nat-9/nat865.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Saving You Saving You

A Story by A.T.


Sleeping Beauty Sleeping Beauty

A Poem by A.T.