Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Catherine Frain
"

Chapter 1: "I thought we had it all"

"

In life, it doesn’t matter what ties a family together. No tie can be stronger than the love that is felt between people, but it is with this that I call a false claim of security. Love is only strong if the ties that hold the relationship are strong. Love is a feeling that has to be mutual to feel the full amount of feelings that come from this single emotion. There are times when a love in a relationship are single sided, and it with those times that the ties are loose and brittle and ready to break at any time. How would I know how this feels? How would I know what this is?

Some people may think that we are unable to believe what we don’t see, but some people see, believe, and hunt these things. I am one of these people- but so are the members of my family. My Papa is John Winchester- a hunter that came to be when my Mama died. My Mama is Mary Winchester- a retired Hunter. My brothers are Dean and Sam Winchester- Hunters that were forced into it by Papa. My sister is Max Winchester- my twin, who was forced into hunting at the same point in time.  

My name? My name is Leslie Gabriela Winchester. I am a “hunter” by birth. I am twenty-four years of age, and I have seen a lot in twenty-two years. More than a lot of people will see in their entire lives.  I used to be married, but it only lasted for about a year. The man I was married to is named Pierce Damon Locke.

I was nineteen and I thought that I was in love. The love that I felt seemed to feel forever went away. We were always fighting, and he almost always resorted to blows. Some days were better than others. I hated the days he would come staggering in drunk as if he drank an ocean full of alcohol.  It only got worse when I realized that I was expecting his child. This child was the only reason for my survival. I was living in France at the time, and I went through a divorce.

I was about seven months along when I finally got divorced from Pierre. I boarded a plane, my belongings on a ship to get shipped to my older brother’s house. I couldn’t make myself to even come face to face with them all at the moment. I was too scared, too scared and I was untrusting of nearly everyone.

It was in June,  nearly two months after I returned, and my child was early by two weeks. It was early morning, when I laid in the hospital, holding my beautiful baby boy.

“What are you going to name him?” asked a nurse, so they could label his bracelet and other things they did.

“Daniel Zechariah Winchester,” I said softly.  I smiled down at my son- who was the only reason why I fought for life, for liberty, and for his safety.

Even today, when Danny is a toddler at the age of four, I still worry that his Father will find us, and what I ran away from was for nothing. His father, as I have told Danny, died in a tragic accident.
Danny hasn’t said anything about it yet, so I think he believes me. He doesn’t even know that my, no his, family is one of the hunters. There is a lot of stuff that I am hiding from Danny right now, for it would only hurt him emotionally and mentally right now.


© 2017 Catherine Frain


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on February 3, 2017
Last Updated on February 3, 2017


Author

Catherine Frain
Catherine Frain

Omaha, NE



About
Welcome to my profile! I love to write as you can see- so feel free to write a review and check out the rest of my work. I am slowly posting stuff from my Google account here so yeah! I hope y'all kee.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Catherine Frain


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Catherine Frain