The Choice

The Choice

A Poem by hannahspelledbackwards
"

The decision of our lives.

"
Staring into the eyes of fate,
I confidently make my way.
Letting go would be the best,
it's far too painful to think less.

Desperate, complicated lives-
they're all the same with thriving to survive.
So who has the answers, who knows the way?
We all have our reasons to escape.

This hole is driven inside of me.
I need to fill it with what I ought to be.
But you're so much better than I;
there's no way I can pretend that I try.

So let's say I agreed to your plan.
I hope you know I can't do anything like you can.
You have faith in me- maybe a little too much,
but I guess that's why it's called unconditional love.

© 2010 hannahspelledbackwards


Author's Note

hannahspelledbackwards
You may be confused on what this is about, but it's a decision for God to rid of all of your sin and troubles. To leave behind the filthy hurt of the past and move on to the future that God wants to help you with.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very good start to a talent that could develop and become great. It rhymed very well and was grammatically correct, besides the punctuation, and didn't use words that no one has any clue what they mean. It is a relatable piece that will ring past memories back into the people who were poets when they were young.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love it!A great poem of how God loves us and how he will direct our path. The bible says to acknowledge him in all ways. Great job with this! I say u know how to mention God in your work. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very good start to a talent that could develop and become great. It rhymed very well and was grammatically correct, besides the punctuation, and didn't use words that no one has any clue what they mean. It is a relatable piece that will ring past memories back into the people who were poets when they were young.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 15, 2010
Last Updated on September 15, 2010

Author

hannahspelledbackwards
hannahspelledbackwards

Sydney, Australia



About
I'm Hannah, a 23 year old who loves art, animals, people, traveling and nature. I write poetry, songs, and stories. I write books but for some reason I never finish them. I can't write a poem unless I.. more..

Writing