Britain Burns

Britain Burns

A Poem by Inyourshadow
"

The riots rage and hell comes to England

"

Britain burns
as anarchy loosen it's chains
Pandora weeps
in city streets
as hope crushed under foot

Britain burns
the placards scrawled with blood
Justice hides
her tear filled eyes
as soceity breaks down

Britain burns
order lost beneath the screams
Nero plays
the end of days
as treason defeats reason

Britain Burns

Britain Burns...



© 2011 Inyourshadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have read and watched and heard of all the horrific violence going on there and my heart goes out to you and your fellow countrymen.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderfully said. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


If I had my way...I'd hang them...we should bring it back and get rid of f*****g political correctness...When the political scene is corrupt what hope is there for the common working person...that can't afford to put food on the table and keep their home warm...one totally fucked off person...I'll tell you something prison wouldn't be the soft touch it is today with all the mod cons and home comforts...If I had my way...HELL would be like a priory retreat...What deterrent is a prison that's like home?

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can't even begin to put into words how I feel...This country is that fucked up crime will always pay as there is no punishment or deterrent that will stop these mindless dickheads doing what they do...Some of these are kids, throwing brick etc...where are their parents? My son as got to come home today and be in by 7 because I'm afraid he could get caught in the violence that took place here last night...The police shouldn't piss about...if the rioters get injured tough f*****g s**t...don't do it then...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

336 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 9, 2011
Last Updated on August 9, 2011
Tags: riot, pain, anger, hate, sad, sorrow

Author

Inyourshadow
Inyourshadow

United Kingdom



About
I am trying to broaden my abilities as a writer, hoping to learn new styles and ways to express myself. I am married with 4 kids and a beautiful grandson, plus my two wonderful yorkshire terriers T.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..