You+Me=Love

You+Me=Love

A Story by Irshad
"

A journey of love between hearts.

"

Chapter 1

          That was 7:20 in the morning.

            My fingers were almost dead by the continous visiting of keys in the computer keyboard. I remember that day. That was Monday, the fresh start of the week, but that was my last working day of that week. Also, I was about to finish my work and leave for that day. It’s been 27 minutes after I ran that update script. I could remember the system time when I started executing that script, that was 6:55 am. Now it was 7:22 am.I just bent back and looked at the closed window which is above my computer monitor. I could see false white small alpha-numeric terms on the window. That was illusion since I had been looking at the black screen with white letters for the past eleven and half hours. In the meantime, I was dreaming about my Monday’s plan. My mouth started watering when I remembered my mom’s delicious chapathi and egg bhurji, that pleasant afternoon sleep, my favourite TV shows, nighttime novels and so on. Wow! This update script is going to be finished, then I can enjoy the next two days (i.e.) Monday and Tuesday which are the most excited weekend for me.

            Hey, sorry.  I haven’t told you about myself. My name is Irshad. People call me as Irshad :). My friends call me as Irsh.  I was working as a web server administrator.My role was to administer the server, which is located in Sydney, through a remote machine.Most of the time the job was easy. But sometimes I felt like that I was in hell. I could even remember my manager’s furious face and his evil stare towards me when the work was getting delayed for 30 minutes. After getting enough experience, I was able to manage in that hell.

            My weekdays starts on Friday night and ends on Monday morning. That was a strange shift. Because of this Information Technology. This IT wants uninterrupted business. So server maintainance are done only after business timings. That was my end of Sunday night shift (i.e.) Monday morning. That time I was performing a module updation. I was running that updation script. Usually it takes 25 to 30 minutes to complete. Sometimes, due to network or system envirement issues it may take more than an hour. But I was lucky  on that day, as that updation script was about to complete in 30 minutes. I was very keen to watch the final status as “Successfully Completed” in that black Linux screen. I was thanking Linus Trovald for the first time who is the founder of Linux Operating system for the “Successfully Completed" in the Linux screen.

            The moment I saw that line “Completed Successfully” in that black Linux screeen, I heard a voice that calling me as Irsh.. That was Vikram, my friend, my colleague, whatever I don’t know how to mention him. He is a typical IT guy, with spike hair, Levis jeans, Reebok shoes and with a small mobile headset around his neck. I was abole to recognise his tension in his eyes which is seeking for help towards me, through a pair of eye lens. I just looked at him without any expression.

“Can you please do me a favour?”

I said nothing, I was just waiting for him to continue.

“There is a mail issue in 178.232 server. Can you please resolve this?”

He continued,

“I know you are very good in resolving mail issues. I have to meet my girl friend. She is waiting for me.”

“Deepika???”  I paused.

“Yes. Today is her birthday. I have to go. Otherwise I will be screwed. Please Irsh. I will be very grateful to you.”

I cannot refuse his request. I shook my head to say YES. At a sudden that tension went off his eyes. He was in hurry. He put all his things, pen, diary, remaining chocolates and everything into his bag. There is a greeting card inside his bag with a quote starts with the word  “LOVE”. He closed his bag.

“Thank you Irsh. Will see you on Wednesday night.”

He was like running. Though, I could hear his last two words. “Happy Weekend.”

Yes Yes. Weekend. I have to go home soon. Weekend starts. But I have to resolve. I quickly logged into the server 178.232. I created a test email account and I entered into that new mail box. I clicked Compose new mail. I gave the subject as ‘Test’. I filled the body of the email as “This is a test message’, then I clicked the send button. Sending.... Sending..... Sending........ Oh! S**t! Process failed. I went into the server again and checked for the log file related to mail. Yeah! I found it I read those lines in a low voice. “Mail IP 128.201.78.38 blacklisted in ..........” I was sad, because I knew it will take atleast one hour to fix this. But I was really lucky on that day. I heard a brisk voice from my right hand side, near to the floor entrance.

“Good Morning Irsh!”

Good Morning Nagz!”

His name is Nagharajan. Everyone calls him as Nagz. An another typical IT guy with french beard, small dull eyes, somewhat looking magnified through his spectacles. I always wonder about him that how he can give an instant smile whenever he greets people.

“How is going Irsh?” with that sharp instant smile. He could have noticed my dull face.

“Any critical issues going on?” by looking at my computer screen.

“Yes Nagz. Mail issue. IP blacklisted. 178.232.”

“Holy s**t!!”

“Nagz, I am very tired.........”

Usually I don’t like to handover my job to someone else. But my health condition on that day, did not support me. Before I started to speak, he continued....

“Don’t worry Irsh. I will take care of this issue. You go and take rest first.”

“Hey, Thank you so much Nagz!”

I put my notebook, pen, reference book, chocolate papers into my bag and I was preparing to leave.

“And Nagz. Just do a mail queue check on the server. Try to find the spammer. If you find the spammer, just suspend that account and change the server mail IP.”

“Irsh. Don’t worry. I know the process.”

“Nagz. Don’t forget to de-list the IP wherever it is blacklisted.”

“Irshad.....................”  He started at me.

“Okay Okay. I understand. I just wanted to know whether you know the process.”

I smiled at him and I left the place.While leaving the entrance door. I heard the fading voice “Happy Weekend” from Nagharajan alias Nagz.

Yes. Weekend starts. Out of Hell. I have complete two days. What shall I do? First, I am hungry, have to eat something. Wow! Delicious chapathi adn egg bhurji. Next, a small nap. Evening, I can play cricket. No, If I play cricket I will be tired, then I cannot go to the night show movie. Which movie? Some action English movie. I don’t like to watch action movies, but I have to go for my friends.

I was planning very huge things for that two days weekend holidays. Finally I stopped near my Apache bike with its favourite yellow colour. I took my mobile headset from my bag and I connected that to my mobile and I wore it on my ears. Then I covered my face with the helmet. (At that time, Helmet was not compulsory in city traffic rules. But it was compulsory in my office.)

I pressed the button near to my right hand thumb finger. The spark plug ignites by an electronic system and the engine piston started to perform the strokes. My music playlist in my mobile started to telecast songs to my ears through the mobile headsets. The first song was something about LOVE. I remebered the greeting of Vikram that starts with the word ‘LOVE’. Vikram has been in love with Deepika since school days. Deepika was his junior. They met each other in an exam hall. They liked each other. They exchanged their mobile numbers. Slowly, that love was started. I was just wondering ‘what is there in Love’.

            I am not interested in love. Because I want to be happy. Because of the happiness of two persons, so many things are being lost. Friendship, Parent’s trust, Relation, Peace, Freedom etc. Again I asked myself a question, ‘What is there in Love’.

            I stopped my bike in a traffic signal. That signal lamp post was counting down the numbers in reverse order 73,72,71..... Students were discussing with their record notebooks inside a college bus. I could remember my college days. An another tamil love song was going on in my mobile.

            ‘Love is psychology,

            We have chemistry,

            Suffering from Lovology,

            Lets do Biology’

I was hearing this stupid song. The signal turned green. I pulled my race throttle. The 160cc engine bike came first from the traffic signal. I was proud like I came first in the Formula - 1 race. That three days continous 12 hours night shift made my eyes heavy. I felt so tired. But still I have to travel for 20 minutes.

             Sun came out completely with its fierce rays. I was travelling towards the east direction. The rays of Sun was directly falling into my eyes. That was too bright. I could not see the road completely. It was like I was moving towards a bunch of bright tubelights. Somehow, I managed to adjust my eyes to see the way. Hey..... one minute. What did I see now. Was that true?

            Really, I could not believe my eyes. I have heard about fairy only in tales. I was wondering what I saw was true. Hey...... again. Again I saw that image. I could see in a small circular hole of that bright rays. Was it a fairy. No. Yes, yes. This is a fairy. It came down from sky through that bright sun rays. No.... She is a girl. Whatever. Girl or Fairy, first time I felt my heart as vaccuum. She was wearing a white colour fairy type salwar with white colour hair band. Her free hair was wavering along with the wind. At that period, it was very rare to see girls with a hair band. I was not able to see her completely. Most of the time, the sun rays disturbed my view. Later, I came to know that she was sitting behind a formal dressed man, in a bike. That bike was moving in the right hand side. I increased the throttle to move front. Now, I could see her somewhat. But I could not see her face completely. She was hugging her notebooks around her chest. I wanted to see her face. I further increased my throttle. I did not notice that my speedometer was crossing 60 kmph. I came to the centre of the road to see her completely. The sun rays fell into my retina, I could see only blur images. Unfortunately I did not notice that the bike was coming towards left hand side. He might have thought that I applied brakes and turn right. Next, I was not able to remember what happened in the next few minutes. After sometime, I could see the bright sky, which turns yellow, then red, then black, then full dark. Before getting dark, I could see some dark faces surrounded me. But still I have that doubt whether it was an Angel or Human?


Chapter 2


When I opened my eyes, I saw a pale white fan running on the ceiling with a irritating noise. That was a tall cot with a pillow and a hard bed covered by green colour blankets. I was being fed by Saline water in that bed. Suddenly I realised somepain in my body, especially in my lower part of the body. I was badly injured in my legs. I was trying to accomodate myself comfortable. Someone helped me with the pillow.

“How are you feeling now?” " my mother in a very sad tone.

I gestured that I am alright now. I looked around in a semi-circle path. My mom was standing beside me , next to mom, my neighbour aunty and my uncle. I suddenly stopped my vision in between the neighbour aunty and my uncle. I saw an image. Still I cannot remember my eyes. That was that Angel who I saw on the road. I adjusted my vision for a moment to see everything clear. Yes. That was her. She looked at me in a curious way. I noticed that her left hand was undergone some dressing, since she was slightly injured in that accident. That was the first time I saw her face completely. But now I am not going to explain her beauty. I don’t want my girl to be admired by others. But one thing, I still have doubt whether she is an angel or a normal human?

“Hi. I am Sanjana...”  she started speaking in a low tone. I wondered if Angel can sing.

She continued.

“That was our mistake. My father forgot to switch on the indicator signal before turning left. We are really sorry.”

I don’t have words to say. I just looked at her without blinking.

“I just wanted to know that you are okay. Now, I am relaxed.” She continued again.

I could see her small smile on her lips when she said that she was relaxed then. I was about to ask her something. Before I start she continued again.

“we were very lucky. We escaped from injuries except some scratches in my hand and dad’s legs.”

“No problem.” This is what I said in that entire conversation. I was just stunned with her sudden arrival and chat. I was looking at her until she left that hospital room without blinking. Even those words “Take care” and “Bye” could not reach my ears,

“Good girl. Isn’t it?”

By hearing these mom’s words, I realised myself and started concentrating on other things.

“How are you feeling my son?” my dad came in.

“Not bad dad.”

“First drink this juice.” He gave me a cup of orange juice.

“When will they discharge me?”

“Tomorrow evening. Though, you have to take rest for ten days. I called Nagharjan and informed about this. He talked with your manager. So no problem.”

First I tasted one sip of juice and started drinking.

“And Irshad. One more thing. Your manager may come this evening to see you.”

I had some dal rice in the afternoon. One of my favourite delicious dishes prepared by my mom. I was reading a James Hadley Chase novel for sometime. Then, my friends came to see  me. We were talking about cricket, cinema, girls (asusual) and some chit-chats. After they left, I continued with that James Hadley Chase novel until my manager come to visit me. He enquired about me and asked me to take rest. And, my dad and my manager were talking about the Information Technology’s impact in today’s world. My mother complained about the people who are not obeying the traffic rules. That day went off with lot of visits and enquiries. Throughout the day, I did not think about that Angel. But, I did not know that she would disturb my sleep that night.

That was midnight. I was reading the same James Hadley Chase novel. I am always like to read crime, thriller kind of novels. That might be the reason why I hate love subjects. There is a psychological fact that our characterisation depends on the type of books we read. But I just wondered how my heart has become vaccum when I saw that Angel. What did she tell about her name? Yes. Sanjana. One of the attractive names of girls. I wanted to sleep. But I cannot. I looked at my mom. She was sleeping in the bed beside to mine, I closed my eyes and was telling to me, “Sleep Irshad. Sleep.”

I was teaching Vikram how to whitelist an IP in the server. Sanjana came there. She was standing behind me.

“Hello Irshad. I am Sanjana.”

“Yes. Sanjana.”

“Can you please teach me how to kiss?”

“What?”

She came very near. I could feel her warmth and breath. She brought her face close to my face.

“Is this real Sanjana?”

She came still closer.

Suddenly I opened my eyes. That was a short dream in half sleep. I scolded myself for that cheap dream. I forced myself to sleep.

Next day morning, I woke up, when the doctor touched my hand to check my pulse.

“Good Morning Doctor.” That tone was rude because of my dry throat.

“How are you feeling now? Still Are you feeling the pain?”

“Not that much doctor. Now its okay.”

“Thats good. You can go to your home today evening.”

“Thanks Doctor.”

“But one thing. You should not strain your legs. You have to be in bed rest atleast for a week.”

“Sure Doctor.”

I felt happy because I was going to my home that day evening. My father was speaking about discharging fomalities with the doctor. That day, Vikram and Nagz came there to see me. I was waiting for the evening for my discharge.

That evening, my father hired a call taxi. I was struggling to walk. Then I managed to reach the taxi with the help of a stick. My father sat in the front and gave directions to the taxi driver.

We crossed the place where I met with an accident. I could remember the entire incident. Sanjana, the Angel was sitting in a bike behind a formally dressed man, who is her father. She was looking bright though the sun rays glittered directly into my eyes. We learn everything in experience. But this is un-natural. We start to love without any experience. I think Love is an inbuilt graphic card in our brain. That is the reason why we imagine our partner in ultra-graphics mode. Hey. What am I talking about? I am in love with her? Never. How can I  love a girl in first sight. I don’t know her, about her character. I know nothing about her. Then, how can I imagine her like this. This is absolutely wrong what I am thinking about. But I cannot control the internal feeling of her which makes my heart to feel like vaccum.

We reached our home. I managed to walk with the help of that stick. That night I had chapathi with egg bhurji for dinner. Finally, I got it. That day, I slept early because of tiredness. I don’t remember that night’s dream. But I believe Sanjana must be there in that dream.

One of the most difficult jobs in the world is simply sitting in the home without doing anything. But I had to do that job for 10 days. Because my dad ordered me to go to office only after 10 days. I was counting the days. Those days were passing by reading books, watching TV, chatting with my mom. Of course, Sanjana was always in my mind even in those activities. I believe, these idle days is the reason for my love on her. Otherwise I had not fallen in love with her.

After the first two days, I started to walk of my own without the help of stick. In those days, I was keen in reading love quotes which was coming as a Facebook status. I started to read love stories also. That atmosphere was looking new to me. I was feeling like I am a newly born human. I started to realise that my characterisation was being changed. I started to tell everyone that ‘Life is Beautiful’

I forgot to tell something. I had learnt some useful stuffs also. I learnt some kitchen work with the help of my mom. I learnt PHP, SQL of my own. I was searching for freelancing projects in PHP web development. And I realised it would be very difficult to get a project from freelancing.

Anyhow, I completed that ten long days. From tomorrow I will start my regular life again. Awaiting for the weekend’s plan.

I realised Sanjana completely occupied my heart. I wanted to see her again.

If we are truly admiring one thing, that will come sooner.

© 2013 Irshad


Author's Note

Irshad
I love suspense and thriller subjects. First time I am writing a love story..
Feedbacks are welcomed

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Date: May 27, 2013
Chapter 2:

"I think Love is an inbuilt graphic card in our brain. That is the reason why we imagine our partner in ultra-graphics mode. "

Superb lines man:P
Love is a rose.....Love is a riddle.......Love is air.......Love is illusion.......Love is a poetry
So many authors wrote about Love by comparing with the above things. What you have written about love is something different :) Niceeeeeeee comparision.... After reading this , ya I understood Love is an inbuilt feel no one can teach us how to love :):):)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Date: May 20,2013
Chapter 1:

"I could see false white small alpha-numeric terms on the window"....This line shows Irsh's tiredness working for past eleven and half hours.. I like this line:)

‘Love is psychology,
We have chemistry,
Suffering from Lovology,
Lets do Biology’
Hey where did you find this song:)



Posted 10 Years Ago


Date: May 20,2013

Hello Irshad Ali:) I dont find any comments link in this site.. so am writing my comments here about u.
You have written many stories in Tamil (Commercial, Action, Crime)and directed 2 short films.. You proved your talent there. Now You have stepped into writing a love story first time ,in English. It doesn't seem like you are writing the story in this language for the first time. Hats off:) Your way of writing shows that you are experienced.

Good start of "You+Me=Love" with chapter1. When will you write chapter 2???? Awaiting for it eagerly:)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

542 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 18, 2013
Last Updated on May 27, 2013
Tags: Love and Romance

Author

Irshad
Irshad

Writing
Haunted Dreams Haunted Dreams

A Chapter by Irshad


The Third Empire The Third Empire

A Chapter by Irshad


I Quit I Quit

A Chapter by Irshad