I Quit

I Quit

A Chapter by Irshad
"

Tamilselvan tightened up his tactics to close all the crime network in Chennai

"

CHAPTER 3 �" I QUIT

                    Media is the most powerful tool especially in a country like India. It has a extreme power to create a ‘Hero’ or destroy any kind of personality. ‘Everything is possible is Self-Confidence. Anything is possible in media’.

                    The Police team had captured more evidences against Satya in addition to mine. Commissioner immediately processed the arrest warrant before any recommendations stopping to do that. Satya was arrested with a huge popularity. In other words, Satya’s arrest had been the topic in all the media channels. It was just 8 months from the assembly elections and so all political parties started showing their anger, humanity and raising voices against Satya. Even some of the political parties, who invested in Satya’s gang, supported his arrest, as they do not have any other choice.

                    All investments had been stopped to Satya’s team and nobody tried to help Satya to come out from jail. In simple words, Satya is finished.

                    At the other end, Mathew had become very happy. Slowly his gang started getting more investments than before. All Satya’s customers moved towards Mathew. The second empire had slowly started to occupy 50% of the underground Paid Killing business.

                    I was sitting on a table in Commissioner Office looking at my pocket diary. It was written all the 3 names of this Paid Killing empires. ‘Satya, Mathew and Irshad’. I was striking out Satya’s name from the list and was thinking whom to be next.

                    “Excuse me Sir”, Constable Mani was standing near the door.

                    “Yes Mani. Come in”, I smiled at him and then continued.

                    “Hope everything has been done regarding Satya’s case. We should immediately act on our next target”

                    “Sir???”, Mani hesitated.

                    “Come on Mani. Do you want to say something?”

                    “Sir. I think you have little under-estimated Irshad. I have been for more than 30 years and I have seen the evolution of Irshad since his beginning. I guess you do not know what happened exact 20 years before?”   

Mani took a little pause. I was very keen in listening that story. Mani continued again.

                    Irshad was in love with a girl 20 years before. They decided to get married. Due to his illegal contacts and job, the girl’s parents and her brother refused to accept that marriage. But the girl was very stubborn to marry Irshad. The girl’s parents somehow agreed to get them married. But her brother did not agree. He was very stubborn not letting this marriage to be happened. Finally nobody listen to her brother and the marriage happened peacefully without any issues. But from that day, the girl’s brother went missing. Few people say that, he ran away out of town after this incident. But very few say, Irshad had murdered him, cut him into pieces and mixed with mutton Briyani during his marriage”

I was just staring at him and I was very much shocked after hearing this.

                    “Now what about his wife?” I asked

                    “Sir, after one year of his marriage, they started to fight a lot by the rumors spread about her brother and one day his wife found missing. Few said, she ran away with someone. But few said Irshad murdered her. There was no evidence to file a case against him and also they had not found any bodies to suspect as a murder. The case is still opened as a missing case. So I want to tell you this Don’t underestimate Irshad, though he is silent”

I was looking at him with no expression. Mani was shocked and I began to speak.

                    “Irshad might be a big shot in the past. This particular time is ours. No criminals could escape from us.”

While I was talking, an another Constable stepped into the room”

                    “Sir. You have got a personal card from someone through post”

He handed over the card to me and I was stunned and surprised by seeing that.

‘I QUIT  ----  IRSHAD’

I got a call from Commissioner to my personal mobile number. He have never called anybody to their personal number unless there is a urgency. So I started to Commissioner Office immediately after I received the call.

Commissioner was waiting in his room alone, seemed he was waiting only for me.

                    “Sir?” I stood in front of him with a strong police salute.

                    “Tamilselvan, there were 3 missing cases in the last one week, after Satya’s arrest and I suspect this should be something related to Satya’s case or Paid Killing attempt. These are the files. Please quickly act on this as priority. One of the victim is Councilor’s brother.

I took the reports from the Commissioner and left that place. I called up my team and provided the instructions to tweak the investigation in this case. Though I was concentrating in these missing cases, my instinct was still disturbed by the Irshad’s card and his old stories. How cruel he is! He murdered a person, cut into pieces, mixed with mutton Briyani on his marriage and served to the people who attended the occasion. Even the words from Mani, ‘Don’t under-estimate Irshad’ disturbed my instincts a lot”

Two days passed by, the team had gathered all the necessary information.

                    “Sir, we enquired about all the three victims. They were having personal as well as business enemies. But nobody can be found as suspects. It looks like some third party had involved in all three cases”

                    “There were no evidences of them being killed. The cases are still opened as missing cases. Sir, until unless we find a body, we cannot crack the start point of this case.”

                    “All three had been found missing after their work hours returning back to their houses”

I was listening to my team’s investigation keenly and noted down the key points. ‘Until unless we find the bodies of them, this case would remain opened as missing case’. There was a two minutes of silence from everyone as I was deeply thinking. I turned towards Constable Mani and asked.

                    “Mani, Have you enquired our police informer regarding the Paid Killing business status currently?”

                    “Yes Sir. Satya’s market is completely down. Irshad is not in the business right now. He rejected all the investments. So the entire investment and business has reached Mathew. He has become the King in this market. But nobody knows how Mathew gets the order? and what kind of communication medium they follow?”

I stood up from the chair and took a small walk.

                    “Three missing cases within a week; Suspects are third parties; Complete business has gone to Mathew; Can you all believe that there is a relationship in all these three??”

Everybody looked at me in surprise and I continued.

                    “Yes. Mathew is our next target. But where are the bodies???”

That night, 9:45 PM…….

                    Murukesh, General Manager for PPK Granites, Chennai was driving towards his home from work in his Hyndai i20 car. He used to travel 30 kms every day to office, as he stayed in his bungalow near ECR road. He switched on the FM radio once he crossed the city limits. He was driving in a very relaxed way by humming the FM song. Suddenly he felt that he drove over the speed breaker as he missed to notice that. After a couple of seconds, his car lost its control and it was moving left and right. He noticed that the rear wheel had burst or punctured causing this. He somehow stopped the car, got down and checked the rear wheels. He was upset that he found his left side rear wheel was torn. He thought he might have driven over some sharp needles. He opened the boot and removed the utilities to fit the additional spare wheel. He found that the long handle spanar was missing from the utilities deck. He searched everywhere in the boot and could not find that. He came to the front, opened the front door and searched for it. Suddenly he felt a heavy blow on the back side of his head with a strong iron rod and immediately he fainted.

                    That midnight, a large size fishing boat was standing still on the sea water 25-30 kms away from sea shore. A strongly built middle aged man was sitting on a chair and talking to the guys, standing in front of him. From this confident look, we could easily identify he was Mathew, the current King of Paid Killing Empire Business.

                    “I heard Irshad has completely gone our of business. Is that true?”

                    “Yes ji. He also even rejects the orders coming to him”

                    “Ha ha ha ha… I am the only King of this jungle” Mathew shouted. Everybody else smiled at him proudly.

                    “Guys, where is our today’s target?” Mathew asked. They brought Murukesh in the half fainted state in front of Mathew.

                    “Oye….David.. Call our client and check whether the complete amount has been transferred?”

                    “Ji… I already checked the account. The money has been transferred. We are clear”

                    “Superb… Then guys. Please do the rest. I am going for a nap. I am very tired today and feeling sleepy” Mathew’s words came in the middle of his yawn.

He took a beer bottle and left that place. David and other guys looked at the sea and observed hundreds of fishes surrounding the boat.

                    “Guys, guests have already arrived. Come on, let’s start the feast”

They lifted the half fainted Murukesh and threw him into the Sea. Immediately all the fishes, which surrounded the boat started attacking Murukesh violently. Those were flesh eating fishes. They were fighting among themselves, ruptured his body and started eating. In middle of this, Murukesh’s index finger got separated from his body and a small fish who struggled to fight, swallowed the whole finger.

The small fish became very happy, left from that crowd and swam towards the opposite direction of the chaos. It behaved like it had a wonderful feast and swam happily. But unfortunately, it got trapped into the fishing nets spread over there. The small innocent poor fish died before digesting the night’s feast.

My first calm sleep was interrupted by that phone call.

                    “Yes Mani. Anything important?”

                    “----------------“

                    “What? What is the exact location?”

                    “-------------“

I immediately noted down the address. ‘Kovalam sea shore fishing market’

Before I got up from the bed, I just noticed that the haunted dreams had stopped. I could feel some positive vibes and started from home.

Kovalam Fish Market --- Mani was waiting for my arrival and a team of local police was enquiring the people around by.

                    “Sir, index finger of a dead man was found inside a fish’s stomach”

Mani told. I just examined the finger and the fish without touching.

                    “Mani, immediately send this to forensic and cross verified with the yesterday’s missing case”

                    “Yes Sir.”

My team members arrived there in some time and waited for my instruction.

                    “Team, this is the exact time to hit our next target. Collect the information of all fishing boats, which travelled to the Sea in the last 2 days from here, as well as nearby fishing ports. I need those details as soon as possible.”

                    “Yes Sir”

                    “And one more thing, somebody can go and check if we can find any other parts of the body in the same place where they did fishing”

                    “Yes Sir”

I waited till that afternoon in the same place trying to get more clues. I should appreciate my team first. They always bring me information before I expect. My team arrived with all the details.

                    “Sir, we enquired all the details of the fishing boats that travelled from here and nearby fishing ports. There was a large size fishing boat travelled yesterday night without any fishing nets”

                    “We suspected something strange about that and tweaked the investigation more deeply and found that the boat was registered in the name of David”

I was confused and thought about its relevance. They continued.

                    “David is the younger brother of Mathew”

                    “Great job guys. This case is done”

I got a call from Mani,

                    “Sir, we found the victim. The finger belongs to Murukesh, General Manager of PPK Granites”

I smiled at the team and said,

                    “Thanks a lot guys. This case will be closed. I will do the rest”

I was thinking about all the positive vibes today; no haunting dreams; missing cases solved; Target Mathew was completed; Irshad is no more in business. This date has definitely be marked in my Calendar.

I completed all the formalities and rituals to have Mathew in custody with the help of media. I blasted all his investments and business. Mathew was completely finished.

I was getting to sleep at my bedroom located in the first floor of my Duplex house. But I suddenly thought something and opened my pocket diary. I wanted to strike out the Mathew’s name from the list. I searched for pen and remembered that I left in the study room at ground floor. I walked to ground floor and entered the study room. I was extremely shocked by seeing a card on my table, written

I AM BACK ----- IRSHAD’

-------To Be Continued

         

 

 

 

 



© 2019 Irshad


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on February 19, 2019
Last Updated on February 19, 2019
Tags: Thriller, Suspense


Author

Irshad
Irshad

Writing
Haunted Dreams Haunted Dreams

A Chapter by Irshad


The Third Empire The Third Empire

A Chapter by Irshad


The Sublimator The Sublimator

A Chapter by Irshad