How to travel in time

How to travel in time

A Story by Irshad
"

A different approach on time machine concept

"

                The Sun was winding up his job and the moon was entering into its shift. The Sun was slowly fading towards the other side of the world by shrinking its large hands of rays. Now the moon was slowly increasing the brightness from lower intensity to higher intensity. Halogen lamps, LEDs, Solar lamps, headlights of vehicles were filled over the city and welcomed that night with colourful bouquet.

                In this modern world, nowadays no one is waiting for anything. As technology improves, standing or waiting in a queue is a very rare process. We can get everything through online. But still one place is there where people do not loose their interest in waiting. Evening time Clinics is that place. You can see evening time clinics in every streets. You can see all kinds of people there from children to old people.

                That was a typical evening time clinic with decorative lights, a LCD TV, a table with newspapers and medical magazines. Its a psychiatric clinic with a reception at the entrance. A girl was sitting in the reception and she was  controlling the environment. That was not a crowded day though there were 20 patients in queue and half of them had already got their appointments. In spite of that, they had to wait for their turn. Dr. Irshad is one of the best psychiatrists in that city. After his MBBS, he did specialization course in Neurology. After that he did a specialization course in Neurology and Genetics in Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, US.

                The twenty first patient was entering into the hospital. He is a young man of age 30 years, in semi-formals, formal shoes, a fast track watch, which shows that he is a high middle class corporate employee. He came with his wife. She is a good looking skinny lady with lavendar colour salwar. She must be 26 or 27 years of age. She has got attractive eyes and we can easily find that they are newly married couple. They were heading towards the reception where the receptionist girl was sitting and controlling. She is a typical receptionist with kajal eyes, sharp voice and especially unmarried. She was busy with re-arranging the bills and noting down the entries. Once she saw the couple, she took her pen and started writing down in a paper.

                “Name please Sir?

The guy did not speak. The lady started to speak.

                “Sekar. Full name is Sekar Subramaniam.”

                “Do you have an appointment?”

                “No. This is the first time we have come here.”

The receptionist filled all the details that she wanted and asked them to wait in the waiting hall.

                “How long will it take?”

                “There are 20 patients waiting in the queue. Please wait.”

The couple left that place with disappointment and occupied the corner chairs in the hall. The guy was so silent but his eyes were rolling here and there in tension. The lady fixed her eyes in that big LCD TV screen. Meantime she watched her husband’s situation and wiping her tears with a handkerchief. She spoke something with him and she disappointed by his answer. She seemed to be worried a lot. The crowd started to move slowly.

                Dr. Irshad was examining the 20th patient. He is a young psychiatrist of age 35 years with a small spectacles on his nose. He does not speak a lot, but he listens a lot. He was listening to a lady who was explaining about her daughter sitting beside. After listening, the doctor finally started to speak.

                “Was there any incidents which affected her recently?”

                “No doctor. Nothing. She is doing well in her school, no personal problems also. I am really worried by the way she has been behaving in the past one month.”

                “How many times did she attempt suicide?”

                “Six times including today’s”

The doctor noted down something and started to speak again.

“Can you please wait here?”

The mother nodded her head in surprise. The doctor took that girl into a room for investigation and they came back after 20 mins. The mother was looking at the doctor with eagerness. The doctor removed his specs and started to speak.

                “Nothing to worry. This can be cured.”

                “What is the problem doctor. We are really worried by her activities. Will she attempt again?”

                “Don’t worry. I will give her some medicines. Give it to her in time without delay. Everything will be alright.”

                “May I know the reason?”

                “Thats nothing to worry about. You have brought her to me in time. So it can be easily cured.”

The doctor wore his specs and continued  again.

                “There are two instincts in our brain always. Conscious instinct and sub-conscious instinct. The conscious instincts are love to eat, love to live, love to sex etc. But this sub-conscious instinct is always loving to die. Its gets attracted towards death. This conscious instincts are always overcome the sub-conscious instinct. Due to this we are behaving normal always. Hence, the desire to death is left deeper into the brain. But, sometimes it overcomes the conscious instincts. At that time we do attempt for suicide. Due to some abnormal reactions in her brain, it has come out. But no problem. I have given her some psychedelic drugs. Everything will be fine. Come and visit me agian after 15 days.”

                “Thank you so much doctor.”

The mother left the room with her daughter with 100% confidence. The receptionist came in.

                “Doctor. Last patient. Sekar Subramaniam. New entry.”

The doctor nodded his head to call them.

The doctor waved his hands to that young couple to be seated. The doctor looked at them for a while and then he realised that the lady was too worried by her husband’s condition. The doctor looked at that guy. His eyes were moving here and there and it never stopped.

The lady started speaking.

                “He is my husband. Name Sekar Subramaniam. Working in a private bank. We were married just 4 months before. Everything was going fine till today morning.”

Her eyes became widened when she pronounced the last sentence. The doctor was listening as he does always. She started to speak again.

                “He left for office today asusual. He was extremely normal at that time. After one hour four persons took him to home again in an auto rikshaw. They told me that he fainted in the bus stop and he was not responding properly for their questions. With the help of his ID card they took him back home. We went to nearby hospital. They told everything is normal. But from that incident he is not normal. He is behaving different. He has never spoken with me till now.”

Tears were running down her cheeks. She wiped out the tears and started speaking again.

                “I don’t undersand what happened to him. Why is he behaving like this. Why did he faint. I need my husband back. Finally I decided to come here.”

The doctor noted down something in a paper and looked into the eyes of that guy.

                “Hello Sekar. How are you?”

No response from him. His eyes were moving here and there without stopping. The doctor again noted down something.

                “I need to talk with him in person. Can you please wait here?”

The lady looked at her husband once and told yes. The doctor took him into the dark room and switched on the yellow lamp. The doctor noted that his eyes were moving without stopping. He sat in front of him and started speaking by looking into this eyes.

                “May I know your name please?”

                “--------------“ (No response)

                “Can you tell me what am I holding in my right hand?”

                “-----------“ (No response)

The doctor stood and picked a book from the shelf. He was searching for something in that book. He did not notice that his eyes had stopped moving.

                “Do you have all books?”

The doctor stopped reading and looked at him.

                “Pardon?”

                “Do you have the book ‘The Guide to Time Travel’?”

The doctor stunned.

                “What is that?”

                “My book. ‘The Guide to Time Travel’ which was written by me?”

The doctor was little bit surprised by his answer.

                “Sorry. I don’t have that. I never heard this kind of book.”

                “What? You people lost my book? Don’t you know how to preserve precious things?”

The doctor was puzzled by his sudden questions. He started again.

                “Do you know Thirukural?”

                “Yes. That 1330 two line poems. Right?”

                “What only 1330? There were more than 5000. What about the remaining?”

                “Sorry. I don’t know.”

                “You people are very irresponsible. You don’t know how to preserve things. You don’t know the value of history.”

                “What is there in history. According to me, the people who lived in history are five sense human beings. Thats it.”

                His eyes had become widened and again it started moving without stopping. The doctor sat in front of him and started speaking softly.

                “Ok Sir. Tell me who are you? What is the relation between you and history. Are you a history professor?”

That guy took a deep breath and started to speak.

                “My name is Sitthayogi. I have come from 2 B.C. to check whether you people are preserving all our precious books and things?”

The doctor stunned by his answer.

                “What? Do you mean time travel? Impossible! We have been researching about this for years. Eventhough we have modern technology we are not able to succeed in time travel. I have been researching on time travel for 10 years. But no progress.”

“How are you forecasting your weather?”

The doctor could not come out from the shock. He answered in a nervous tone.

                “We have satellites, computers and several scientific equipments. By using these we are forecasting our weather.”

                “Is that giving you the exact result?”

                “Sometimes.”

                “We did not have any equipments or satellites. Don’t you wonder that we had given 100 % exact weather forcasting results.”

The doctor stood silent. He was not able to speak. That guy continued again.

                “We used time travel technique for forecasting. There were group of people called ‘Sitthars’. They proposed several techniques for time travel. But finally I summarized it and I had written a book called ‘The Guide to time travel’. Where is that book? You are five sense people. Not us. You don’t know how to preserve things. You always think of yourself, not about your environment and culture.”

The doctor stood stunned by his blasting words. And finally the doctor started to speak.

                “Even I am also in the process of time travel research. According to me, its impossible to construct a time machine.”

                “Why do you need a machine? Everything is possible by your brain. Do you know which is faster than light?

                “Nothing is faster than light.” The doctor replied.

                “You are wrong. Our brain is the answer. The thinking speed of brain is faster than light. You can imagine yourself in out of universe.”

                Ok Sitthayogi Sir. Tell me the way you came here without a time machine.”

                “I told you right. Everything is brain power. It is an art. You should sacrifice yourself here to learn this art.”

Inbetween his eyes were moving here and there. He continued again.

                “We trained our brain, our thinking, our soul to be out of our body and watch ourself in third perspective. By some special trainings, we are able to be out of our body for several years and return back to present. This is the technique we used to travel in time for forecasting weather.”

                “Can you please little bit elaborate?”

                “There are several brain trainings. Its there in that book ‘The Guide to time travel’. We used those trainings and we take out the soul out of our body. The soul will wait for the next two days and entered again to the body. Again we have to follow several trainings from that book and go back to that body again which was 2 days before. This is how we forecast the weather which is 100 % accurate.”

The doctor was sweating. He was really stunned by this case. That guy started to speak again.

                “Finally I framed everything and completed that ‘The Guide to time travel’ book. Now I came here by travelling 2000 years as a testing purpose. I succeeded. Now I need that book to go back.”

                “I think we lost your book as we lost the remaining Thirukkurals.”

                “What? Then how will I go back?

He seemed to be worried.

                “How did you come here? I mean in Sekar’s body.”

                “My soul waited for 2000 years. I could not find my body there. I found him there. So I used his brain. Now how will I go back? I never expected this kind of nasty future. You people don’t know the meaning of creativity.”

That guy shouted, “How will I go now?”

His eyes were started moving here and there again. The doctor was thinking for a moment and his face became bright.

                “Mr.Sitthayogi. I think I can help you in this matter.”

                “How could you?”

                “As I told you already, I am researching about time travel. I believe that I could help you by using my technique.”

                “What techinique?”

                Genetic Fission and Memory digging

                I could not able to understand anything.

                “Ok. Let  me explain you clearly. All our activities will get stored in our brain. These are called memories. Some memories are transferrable via heirs. Those are called genetic memories. The period of one genetic memory is 100 years. So if you dig the genetic memory for 20 times by using genetic fission technique, you can travel 2000 years backwards. This is similar to your’s time travel technique through brain. The difference is you are using brain memory waves, I am using only memories. But the disadvantage is we can go only backwards, not to future.”

First time the guy smiled.

                “You enlighten my hope. Do something fast. I have to go. Come on fast.”

The doctor took his briefcase and took some cables, EEG, equipments. He fixed all the cables to that guy’s head. There was a small computer screen. There he entered n=20 and press enter. Some strange sounds came and some liquids were flowing into the head through cable. This processes iterated 20 times. After several reactions, jerks, and sounds everything came to an end. Sekar seemed to be normal. He opened his eyes and spoke with the doctor. His eyes were normal, pointing at one point.

                The young lady was very happy. She thanked the doctor with tears. Sekar looked completely normal. The twenty first patient stunned the doctor for the first time.

                The doctor drove his car towards his home. He never knew that he used Genetic Fission technique which dig Sekar’s genetic memory, not Sithayogi’s memory. Also he never knew Sithayogi’s soul must be still searching for that book.

                Dr.Irshad reached home and he was very happy in succeeding his time travel research. He is very eager to test on himself. He never thought about how would he come back to future (i.e Today). He opened his briefcase. He did all the set-ups what he did on Sekar. He set n=20. The reactions started. Strange sounds, liquid flowing continued for 20 times. Slowly he opened his eyes. His head was paining. He packed everything into the briefcase again. Meantime he was getting some strange memories and pictures in his brain.

                Dr.Irshad was sitting under a big Banyan tree and he was writing something in a dry leaf with a sharp wooden piece. He was writing

                ‘THE GUIDE TO TIME TRAVEL’.

 

 

© 2013 Irshad


Author's Note

Irshad
This is my first English short story.
The tricks I used here is completely imaginary. Inspired by Sigmand Freud's theories.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Expecting the Book which is written by you.........

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Its good man,.. kudoos...



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice.....Very good for a first timer......Keep it up!!!!!!!! Expecting more from you,

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

932 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2013
Last Updated on August 21, 2013
Tags: short stories, Irshad

Author

Irshad
Irshad

Writing
Haunted Dreams Haunted Dreams

A Chapter by Irshad


The Third Empire The Third Empire

A Chapter by Irshad


I Quit I Quit

A Chapter by Irshad