Chapter 1: Burn The House Down

Chapter 1: Burn The House Down

A Chapter by IsBus
"

You meet the sinful boys for the first time..

"

Brightness and warmth filled your senses. Opening your eyes, you saw a path you stood on. Flames surrounded the cobblestone path leading to buildings galore. A whole city stood in front of you. When looking down at the linear path, you saw a man sitting on the path. He wore blacks and dark blues as he smoked a cigarette. His fringe covered an eye when he looked up at you. 


"Oh, your awake." He spoken somberly. He threw his cigar into the fire. He sighed and slipped off the edge. You watched in shock before he floated up to the path. He was still sitting but on a scythe instead. "Don't try that at home kid. Unless you have a magical scythe that works like the broom of a witch." 


The man slipped off the magical weapon just to ask you about your name and death. "[Y/N]. I'm honestly not sure how I died." You responded. 


"Ah. Probably a heart attack or some other natural cause. I'm really not seeing any marks. I'll be sure to check the dead encyclopedia and the dead files." He reached into his hoodie pocket to pull out a phone. "Take this. We'll be in touch. Also, don't respond to any messages from twelve to three AM." As soon as you took the phone, it changed from a solid black with blue raindrops to a rainbow galaxy. 


"What is this phone?" You asked. He pointed to a logo on the back. "Eyephone: Miracle?" 


"The latest. If you want to know more, ask someone smart. You gotta go to meet your new family." Before you can ask more, he disappeared. The scythe was still there. When you touched it, a zing of pain rushed to your hand, making you see footsteps leading down the path. 


You went down the cobblestone, following the glowing footsteps, and towards the city. Once the path ended and the land began, you could see tall buildings. Two hotels, a bar, a club, and other things in the background; like the large building that said "Bettigan". Looking to your left, you could see what appears to be a circus and to your right was a factory. 


You were half tempted to go to the bar called "The Drunken Mistake", but as you approached the building, a man and a satyr rushed out of the door with a man of flames following behind. 


Leave the demon to his demons. For now, follow the footsteps.  


Okay, random voice in your head. You found the footsteps leading past some homes and places- a mansion, a theatre, even some arcade place that was filled with weirdos. 

You looked up and saw a castle in the background. Probably some home for monsters, but you continued to follow the footsteps. Each step you took was right on the glowing steps. It's as if you were supposed to go this way.


Suddenly, you were out of the city known as Hell. You were in a burnt field. In the distance where the footsteps lead, you saw a house- no- a mansion. Not the one towards the city, but a bigger area. As if the one in the city wasn't big enough. 

You stepped closer and closer to the gigantic house until you were at the door. The footsteps ended there, so you regained your courage and knocked on the door. 


... 


Did no one hear it? Or does nobody live here? 

You couldn't take the chance of breaking and entering. You might be in Hell, but you are not going to do whatever you feel. You don't want to find out the home you entered belonged to some strong, high and mighty, demon who could whoop your a*s in a second. So you rang the doorbell. 


"I heard!" A very angry voice shouted from within. "F**k, someone can't wait two seconds..." A redhead opened the door with a fowl look. As soon as he saw you, he glared. 


You stuttered out "Hi". 


"No! We don't want your 'heaven sent cookies'!" He slammed the door in your face. 


Wait a second... The voice said when you asked yourself "what now". 


"Who was at the door?" A femme voice asked from inside. 

The angry redhead sighed. "Just some girl. Why?" 


"Was it ANOTHER 'Heaven Sent Cookie' Girl?" Another boy with an attitudinal voice responded with a question. "Before you say 'yes', think about how she looked." 


As soon as you thought they were going to continue, you saw the door open. The redhead glanced at your outfit, checking for some 'Heaven Sent Cookie' logo. He shut the door before you could say something. "She didn't have the logo..." 


"What did we say about judging before asking their business?" A suave voice inquired. 


"Ugh. 'Ask business before shutting doors in other's faces'." 


"Good, demon..." The suave voice cooed before the redhead growled. 


The redhead opened the door again. "What's your name and business?" He tried sounding nice, obviously failing though. He didn't even bother to put on a fake smile. 


"I'm [Y/N] [L/N]. I was sent here by a reaper." You sounded as confused as he looked. 


He thought about what you said before his eyes widened- clearly remembering something. "Oh f**k." He looks back. "Guys! She's here!" You were so confused, you absolutely did NOT understand. 


"Well, what are you waiting for?" The suave voice began. "Let her in!" The redhead got behind you and pushed you in. You were taken by surprise, making a sound that showed it, as you nearly fell.


Before you could fall, you were caught. The man holding your arms had a black ponytail with shaved down sides, a black vest, an orange button up, black pants, orange dress shoes, and gloves with an orange diamond on them. "Uh..." 


"Well hello, [Y/N]." He stared into your eyes with a smirk as you blushed lightly. It was if he was meant to look beautiful. 


"Stop staring! Either pick her up or drop her!" The angry redhead shouted... angrily. 


The black haired man with the charming voice began helping you up gently. It's like he's trying to make such a good impression. Once you were on your feet and ready to move, he begins to lead you inside. "Welcome, [Y/N], to the Sinful Abode! We hope you enjoy your stay." 


"What do you mean 'stay?" You ask. 


"Well, the reapers sent you down here to live with us humans turned demons. We're not sure ourselves but apparently they're doing the same in Heaven." He explained. "So all of us don't have a choice in the matter." 


You still were confused, but if the reapers are doing this experiment in Heaven too... "I guess that makes sense." 


"Luke, the fire's dying down." A green haired boy said. 


The black haired man known as Luke looked out the window. "It appears so... Time for bed!" 


"Wait! Where am I going to sleep if I live here?" 


Luke looked behind him at the other six boys. "Not with any of us, of course. Obviously she gets her own bedroom." 


"Wait... There's NINE BEDROOMS?!" The blonde shouts.

 

Wait... THERE'S EIGHT BOYS? That doesn't add up. There's seven in the room right now and you so... maybe there's another boy who just didn't make it to see you. 


ANYWAY! BACK TO IT! 


"Well of course! only the best for the special nine." You were still confused by the numbers, but too tired to think about it. 


"Now, I will show her to her room. Meaning good night!" Luke began leading you up the grand stairs and around to your room.

Before opening the door and saying good night, he had you open the door yourself. The blank note on it suddenly gained the word 'Special'. He told you not to worry and that it happened to all of them. When looking at the other doors, you saw other personality traits written on the doors. 


When you opened the door, you saw a bedroom you thought you would only see in your favorite dreams. It was perfect for you. 


You yawned, then flopped on your new bed. 


Good night, new world. 



© 2022 IsBus


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on March 27, 2022
Last Updated on March 27, 2022
Tags: demons, sins, seven deadly sins, original fiction, religious themes, second person


Author

IsBus
IsBus

No thanks!, MO



About
I am IsBus, a person you could find on the internet! From tumblr, to AO3, and even DA (which I’m not on anymore)! I hope you enjoy my work. more..

Writing