Part II: The Letter

Part II: The Letter

A Chapter by KristiMae01

"Dear Compadre," Lito started to write in Tagalog, bending earneslty over a piece of paper which he had torn out of Francisco's school notebook. It was many months ago when, just as now, he had sat down with a writing implement in his hand. That was when he had gone to the municipio in Mansalay to file a homestead application, and he had used a pen, and to his great surprise, filled in the blank forms neatly. Nothing came of the application, although Ka Inse had assured him he had looked into the matter and talked with the officials concerned. Now, with a pencil, instead of a pen to write with, Lito was sure that he could make his letter legible enough for Ka Inse.
"It's about my boy Francisco," he wrote on. "I want him to study this June in Malansay. He's in Sixth Grade now, and since he's quite a poor hand at looking after your carabaos I thought it would be best that he go to school in the town."


© 2014 KristiMae01


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on November 18, 2014
Last Updated on November 18, 2014


Author

KristiMae01
KristiMae01

Philippines



About
I'm a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education student and I love to write poems, essays and all. I'm a Newbie here :) more..

Writing