Chapter I - Lost Memories

Chapter I - Lost Memories

A Chapter by IvyBlueFox
"

The first chapter.

"
25-year-old Susan Pevensie sat by the window, watching the drops of rain race to get to the safety of the windowsill. This day couldn't get any duller. She took out her sketchpad, and started to draw. Within a few minutes, a drawing had formed. It was her sister and brothers, cousin Eustace, Jill, and the Professor and Aunty Polly riding in the forests of Narnia. She held her breath before adding an eighth horse, and herself in the picture. She drew herself with a lighter touch, nearly invisible. Her pencil flew across the page, adding all her friends into the picture. Caspian appeared, as well as Reepicheep, Mr.Tumnus, the beavers, Cor and Corin, the D.L.F, Trumpkin, Trufflehunter, and countless others. Soon the woods were filled with creatures, like in the old days when they attended the dances in the woods at the turn of the seasons. Susan stopped drawing and sighed. Surveying the picture, she tacked it on the wall of her small bedroom in the boarding house she stayed in. After the Professor had died, she had inherited his country house that he had obtained once again after the war. She could've stayed there, but there were too many memories there for her to handle. She decided to visit the old country house, and her families graves there. Oh how she missed them. And Caspian. It's not like he wasn't safe in Aslan's Country, but she missed him so much. Susan had been in other relationships since she left Narnia, but no one could make her feel the same way as it was with Caspian. She hardly noticed the cab stopping in front of the country mansion. Susan paid the driver, and unlocked the door. The oak door creaked as it was opened. The furniture was covered in dust. She made her way upstairs to where they had slept when staying at the professor's so many moons ago. She made her way up the hall, her hands shaking. She stood in front of the door to the room where it all started. She turned the door handle cautiously. There the wardrobe stood, in all it's glory. Susan walked towards it and turned the handle. She made her way through the fur coats like she had done with her siblings so long ago. She reached the back of the wardrobe. Nothing there. "Why?!" Susan cried as she slumped to the floor. 
After a few minutes, she wiped the tears of her cheeks, and stood up. She visited the library, looking at all the drawings and informational texts her siblings and friends had written about their time in Narnia. She picked up a sketch Lucy had drawn of Mr. Tumnus that had fallen to the floor. And on the back, in Lucy's slightly messy handwriting was a note. 
'Dear Susan,
If you see this, I'm guessing you believe in Narnia again and are looking at all our pictures again. Please believe in Narnia. It most definitely IS real. 
Your Loving Sister,
Lucy Pevensie'
"Oh Lucy," Susan said in a pitiful tone. "Of course Narnia isn't real." She made her way outside to the small cemetery that contained the graves of her friends and family. She picked flowers from the overgrown bushes in the garden as she walked past it, trying to avoid the rain. She placed the flowers on each of the graves, and then retreated to the side of the house, trying to stay dry while she sat there for a moment. "Admit it Susan. They're not coming back," she sighed. Susan didn't see a chunk of the crumbling house approaching her until it was too late. The world went black. 


© 2014 IvyBlueFox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on April 18, 2014
Last Updated on April 18, 2014


Author

IvyBlueFox
IvyBlueFox

About
I'm just a writer who loves writing, reading, and long conversations with my friends! more..

Writing