Chapter Three: Planning Futures

Chapter Three: Planning Futures

A Chapter by ~M&A~

Insomnia had me good tonight. My arm seems to want to fight with me. The salt to fight off infection has me stinging and in more pain than before. I ground my teeth together as I roll onto my back.

Lisa snores soundly beside me, arm around me. She fears I will leave her sometime in the night, so she sleeps close. I don’t blame her. I wouldn’t want my sister to leave me if she knew the world was going to end for us and our people soon.

The others feast on Cyril over a fire. The crackle and pops of the fire echo to every direction. It makes my ears pop with it and irritates my eardrums.

“Not tired?” Lips find my ear and Raphael looks down at me. “C’mon, why don’t we go for a talk?”

“We’ll just end up arguing, Raphael. It’s all we ever do. We’re like two males in an Ivonne Woodland pride. We’ll never mix.” I shake my head and get Lisa to release me. We’re face to face. “Until you see my point in my plans and let me go through with it.”

“Your plan isn’t thought through and it’s reckless. You’ll get us all killed.” He growls.

“Just because it isn’t your plan.” I hiss. “You want us all to sit down here and lie in suspense, wondering if we close our eyes for a split moment, that they’ll never open again.”

He shoves me against the wall, and grabs half of my face. He seems torn. “Isn’t it better to die together than alone?” He bends over me and meets his gentle lips with mine.

I do not give in easily, but Raphael is sweet and kind when he is not toyed with. I will keep my plans secret and hope he cannot read me like a book

I give him a nudge and he backs away. “Watch it. I bite. Now, go celebrate. I’ll be fine.” He gives my stomach a small kiss and I smirk. “Yana’s fine. She’s not kicking yet.”

“How many more great moons?” He smiles and kisses me again.

“It doesn’t matter, since we’ll die in two more moons.” I reply coyly. I itch the back of his mind with my voice. “If we live, she might see the world.”

His smile falls and he studies me. His eyes, blue sapphires are on fire, fighting with himself. He stares into my hazel ones.

“I love you. You know that.” He sighs.

“Then let us live.” I beg. “Yana can open her eyes to the day and we could see her bright blue eyes.”

“Blue eyes?” He smiles again. “With your beautiful green eyes to be over powered?”

“I guess we’ll never know.” I argue.

He rises. “Tony…” He sighs and pats my head.

“What? Is it wrong for me to think of a future for our daughter? Her own father is a monster who won’t give her life when it’s handed to him.” I spit and shove him away. “Get away from me!”

The chamber grows quiet as I bite back more words. Everyone watches us, including a now fully alert Lisa. My skin begins to crawl, so I itch at my arm.

“Well if you won’t help us live, I’m leaving on my own.” I hiss and lean on the wall.

Conversations emerge around us as people exchange whispers. Raphael takes my wrist and we leave to the back chamber.

“I think I’ve already lost you. You’re already gone. You think I’m weak. I think you’re wrong, Tony.” He takes my face when we’re alone.

“We’ll I think you’re too mean. I think we should try. I think I’m scared…scared I think too much.” I shake my head.

“Maybe it’s time we talk.” He suggests.

I shake my head, tears trickling down my cheeks. “No! No more ‘talking’. All we do is argue, Raphael. There is no love in this relationship. I’m leaving, and if you can’t accept that, just don’t touch me, see me, even breathe the same air!”

“Tony, you’re exhausted, why d-”

“Don’t. Touch. Me.” I order and shuffle away.

Conversation still occurs in the middle chamber as I enter. Lisa sits, rested against the wall, eyes watching Cyril burn.

I take a deep breathe before joining her. “Lisa.”

She look my way innocently. “Oh, Tony. I didn’t hear you enter.” She takes my hand. “Our people are confused. Perhaps you should answer them.”

I rub at my eye and she strokes my cheek, removing my tears. “I’m sorry. I’ve been crying. I’m leaving the Giles. I want you, Karin, and Casper to come with me.”

“But, Tony, where will we go?” Her eyes melt into mine.

“Hayden.” I point out. “So many refugees already live there, why not us?”

“That’s an awful ways away.” She leans back.. “Are you sure we should do this?”

“Do you really doubt me?” I hum happily teasing her. Then I grow serious. “Reena doesn’t have the strength to catch us all. We should take advantage now and escape with our lives.”

Coughing distracts us and we look over to see Quintin hunched over, spitting out blood.

Fear quakes me. “Reena is nearly here.”



© 2011 ~M&A~


Author's Note

~M&A~
Sorry it's taken me so long to add chapters and writing >.<

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on September 11, 2011
Last Updated on September 11, 2011


Author

~M&A~
~M&A~

Mars, UT



About
Howdy. I'm Lexy more..

Writing
Stuck Stuck

A Book by ~M&A~


Stuck (Part One) Stuck (Part One)

A Chapter by ~M&A~


Stuck (Part Two) Stuck (Part Two)

A Chapter by ~M&A~